JP a good fit for the Jets

John (NY): In case Farve doesnt come back next year, whats ur take on Clemons getting the start? Or should they look for someone else in the draft?

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:57 PM ET ) Max Kellerman asked me this very question on ESPN Radio NYC a couple of weeks ago and my take then was the Jets should take a hard look at JP Losman. Losman's metrics have been great and he's a fiery guy who could rally the offense around him if given the chance. I'd take him over Clemens any day of the week.

Joyner's never wavered in his support for JP.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant idea Joyner. Bring in a guy with all of Brett's bad qualities and none of his good ones.

Serously, I already replied to this and said it was awesome, but I am gonna give you more props for it because I am still laughing my ars off...

That was epic... :w00t:

:w00t:

JP was certainly a good fit for the Jets during his last start as a Bill. Maybe that's what he meant.

By "JP", you mean Jason Peters? The guy who lead the league in sacks-allowed, and who just stood and watched, giving up the sack that cost us that game, as Jets safety Abram Elam ran by him untouched? That's the JP you meant?

John (NY): In case Farve doesnt come back next year, whats ur take on Clemons getting the start? Or should they look for someone else in the draft?

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:57 PM ET ) Max Kellerman asked me this very question on ESPN Radio NYC a couple of weeks ago and my take then was the Jets should take a hard look at JP Losman. Losman's metrics have been great and he's a fiery guy who could rally the offense around him if given the chance. I'd take him over Clemens any day of the week.

Be careful.....if JP went to the Jets AND had time to throw (Lord knows the Bills don't get phfft pressure on QB's), he just might, actually look like a quarterback.

I said in December that I would not be at all surprised if Losman ended up with the Jets -

Link

By "JP", you mean Jason Peters? The guy who lead the league in sacks-allowed, and who just stood and watched, giving up the sack that cost us that game, as Jets safety Abram Elam ran by him untouched. That's the JP you meant?

No, the JP who couldn't go from the primary read to the second or god forbid, third, instead just looking for something downfield, probably waiting for the FB to get past the safety so he could hit the bomb.

No, the JP who couldn't go from the primary read to the second or god forbid, third, instead just looking for something downfield, probably waiting for the FB to get past the safety so he could hit the bomb.

LMAO...another good one in this thread... spot on...

By "JP", you mean Jason Peters? The guy who lead the league in sacks-allowed, and who just stood and watched, giving up the sack that cost us that game, as Jets safety Abram Elam ran by him untouched? That's the JP you meant?

C'mon Senator. You're usually spot on but:

The primary receiver was knocked down almost immediately upon the snap.

JP then had two choices, quickly throw the ball away or eat it. He chose door number 3 which was to hold the ball carelessly and allow for the worst possible case scenario.

If you're going to apportion blame, Peters gets maybe 5%. The rest is on JP. It was a quick developing rollout and JP yet again, held onto the ball way too long.

Wow, you're all fired up. No, I actually meant JP Losman - the topic of this thread. The guy that couldn't feel the pressure, couldn't hold on to the damn ball and lost the fumble that cost us that game. He also the guy who threw two picks after that fine play and never really got a handle on anything but the occasional deep ball the entire time he played here.

I was really just trying to make light of the situation, but now I'm pissed because I'm thinking about the end of that game we should have won. Thanks for the good memories.

Be careful.....if JP went to the Jets AND had time to throw (Lord knows the Bills don't get phfft pressure on QB's), he just might, actually look like a quarterback.

I hate to bash JP because I like the guy.

Time to throw? I think we've all seen countless plays where JP was standing back there looking downfield, and resembling a third grader trying to make sense of a quantum physics equation on the chalk board.

He can't read defenses, no matter how much time he has.

C'mon Senator. You're usually spot on but:

The primary receiver was knocked down almost immediately upon the snap.

JP then had two choices, quickly throw the ball away or eat it. He chose door number 3 which was to hold the ball carelessly and allow for the worst possible case scenario.

If you're going to apportion blame, Peters gets maybe 5%. The rest is on JP. It was a quick developing rollout and JP yet again, held onto the ball way too long.

Agreed :w00t: