The PR effort begins anew

BillsVet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That and it's the definition of insanity. <_<

Continuity is a good idea when things are going well. The Bills maintained continuity this year by simply promoting someone from within to be the OC. Everything else was the same....and the team still floundered.

Why would we think that maintaining the same offensive (and possibly defensive) philosophies would help this team? It's not like half the roster was on IR or the one player who couldn't possibly get injured did so.

Something needs to be done...Jauron is responsible for maintaining leadership and bringing the team out of the funk they were in and that didn't happen. His terrible on-field management has been badly exposed - including time management and when to throw the challenge flag. The offensive plays have become terribly predictable, yet mind-boggling at the same time.

At this point, I think any PR effort to sell the Bills with Dick Jauron as coach is like trying to sell a cold front to the North Pole.

because it takes YEARS for units to click and YEARS for players to learn the depths of their playbooks.

This is the first full year for these players in this offense (Turk's offense), playing together, learning each others styles, learning the timing. I know its built on Fairchild's but it;s still different.

And to that point, it was Turk's FIRST YEAR as an OC. Yes, he made mistakes, but you have to assume that he will learn from them.

You simply cant keep blowing up the organization every year and expect better results. Players and coaches alike need to be able to find their groove. Something that the impatient fans never allow them to do.

This team needs fine tuning, not cleaning out & rebuilding.

Offensive fine tuning: A legitimate #2 WR (Greg Jennings or T.J. Houshmanzadeh would be great)

A #1 TE. Maybe Derek Fine can step into that role, but Robert Royal has to go

A Center. Weak link on the O-Line

A backup QB. Preferably a veteran that can guide Trent Edwards and has the ability to step in if TE gets injured and win.

Defensive fine tuning: Establishing a decent pass rush. Would bringing in a stud DE help Schobel regain his probowl form? It's possible. Regardless, our pass rush is the weakest link on this team.

Linebacker. With the Bills FO putting Crowell on IR, it sent a message to him that he is no longer wanted and will not be back next year. Ellison is a backup, so this area needs to be addressed either in FA or the draft.

You are absolutely correct. It's just that I don't believe that we would get a better coach given our track record. So the only thing left is to try something else, like continuity.

Don't worry, I know it's a stretch but that's all I've got left.

Well it's not much...Cause even a blind squirrel can catch a nut every now and again...Sooner or later the Bills will land a good HC...Maybe it will be this time, who knows? But one thing is certain...Keeping Dead Dick for continuities sake alone is like begging for another couple losing Seasons...He's had one winning Season in 8 as a HC...So...He's Had 3 Years in Buffalo now...Going on His 4th...Chances are we'll get his next winning Season somewhere in the 5 Years...So we've got that going for Us by keeping Jauron...Of coarse He'll likely go 4-12 the following Year...That's the kind of continuity Dick provides...He continuously loses...

No one is saying the next HC will be the answer...But Dead Dick is certainly not the answer either...Change is hard sometimes, and sometimes it's not...Ask Miami Fans this Year about change...Or Atlanta Fans...This thing as is does not work, it's proven, and we need to cut it off at the Head...The Head Coach that is... <_<

because it takes YEARS for units to click and YEARS for players to learn the depths of their playbooks.

This is the first full year for these players in this offense (Turk's offense), playing together, learning each others styles, learning the timing. I know its built on Fairchild's but it;s still different.

And to that point, it was Turk's FIRST YEAR as an OC. Yes, he made mistakes, but you have to assume that he will learn from them.

You simply cant keep blowing up the organization every year and expect better results. Players and coaches alike need to be able to find their groove. Something that the impatient fans never allow them to do.

None of the jauronimo supporters have been able to answer this question yet:

What part of dick jauron's career average of 6.5 wins per season makes you think that all of a sudden he'll become a good head coach capable of leading a team to playoff success?

You claim that you've seen enough of Losman to know he'll never make it, yet we see worse failures over a longer time period by jauron and you still cling to this hope that next year it will be better.

Fair enough. I was never really asking for a blow-up....to me, that includes the players and coaches. I think we have the players to do it. I can buy giving Turk some time and for the players to gel with his offense.

But how do we explain the bad in-game management over the past 3 years? The time management hasn't been good, Jauron's play-challenging abilities are head-scratching, and we now have to wonder how often he's calling plays when he clearly admitted that he called the JP-roll-out-fumble-give-away-the-game play.

Fair enough. I was never really asking for a blow-up....to me, that includes the players and coaches. I think we have the players to do it. I can buy giving Turk some time and for the players to gel with his offense.

But how do we explain the bad in-game management over the past 3 years? The time management hasn't been good, Jauron's play-challenging abilities are head-scratching, and we now have to wonder how often he's calling plays when he clearly admitted that he called the JP-roll-out-fumble-give-away-the-game play.

Anyone here think Dick Jauron can out coach Bill Bilichick ?? That is what it will take to win this division once Brady is healthy. Frankly I don't see the bills beating a division opponent again with this current coaching staff. Good luck bringing in really good free agents after the world was able to see what morons the Bills have for coaches with that Jets play call.

Even the coaches threw JP under the bus for that last fumble by putting him at third string,wasn't it their fault for starting him over Hamden considering he is gone after this season?

With a decent head coach and OC this team should have been 11-5 this year instead of a total collapse. :thumbsup:

Buffalo's PR guys know they've got an uphill climb to market this team for 2009. And IMO, letting people know that the popular QB supports the embattled HC is the first step to selling tickets for next year.

Needless to say, the PR effort has to go into overdrive ASAP if DJ will be kept around next year.

Funny. I read some of the articles on TBD and got the same impression. It almost seems like they're all beginning to rally around each other. Oh, I love Jauron. Trent's showing great improvement. Well ain't we all just great. :thumbsup:

This team needs fine tuning, not cleaning out & rebuilding.

Offensive fine tuning: A legitimate #2 WR (Greg Jennings or T.J. Houshmanzadeh would be great)

A #1 TE. Maybe Derek Fine can step into that role, but Robert Royal has to go

A Center. Weak link on the O-Line

A backup QB. Preferably a veteran that can guide Trent Edwards and has the ability to step in if TE gets injured and win.

Defensive fine tuning: Establishing a decent pass rush. Would bringing in a stud DE help Schobel regain his probowl form? It's possible. Regardless, our pass rush is the weakest link on this team.

Linebacker. With the Bills FO putting Crowell on IR, it sent a message to him that he is no longer wanted and will not be back next year. Ellison is a backup, so this area needs to be addressed either in FA or the draft.

Very much how I see it. However, I would add HC and OC to that list. But, someone not hell bent on a complete remake of the team. But, this is about the most uninspired, apathetic group I've seen in a while.

a young developing QB who has had 2 OC's in 2 years, his latest OC a rookie as well?

No - a glove-wearing, injury-prone, Dakota Fanning-lover who hasn't lasted a full season since high school, save for his junior year at Stanford - and who plays fine in winter weather as long as it's in Los Gatos or Palo Alto, where 'winter' is around 55 degrees. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!

Funny. I read some of the articles on TBD and got the same impression. It almost seems like they're all beginning to rally around each other. Oh, I love Jauron. Trent's showing great improvement. Well ain't we all just great. :thumbsup:

Very much how I see it. However, I would add HC and OC to that list. But, someone not hell bent on a complete remake of the team. But, this is about the most uninspired, apathetic group I've seen in a while.

I agree, Jauron is a lame duck and needs to stick with being a defensive coordinator. Schonert should go back to being a QB coach.

The Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons and the Baltimore Ravens beg to differ.

No - a glove-wearing, injury-prone, Dakota Fanning-lover who hasn't lasted a full season, save for his junior year at Stanford, since high school - and who plays fine winter weather as long as it's in Los Gatos or Palo Alto, where 'winter' is around 55 degrees. :w00t:

GO BILLS!!!

OH NO!!!! It looks like the ieatcrayonz PR effort has worked. :thumbsup:

None of the jauronimo supporters have been able to answer this question yet:

What part of dick jauron's career average of 6.5 wins per season makes you think that all of a sudden he'll become a good head coach capable of leading a team to playoff success?

You claim that you've seen enough of Losman to know he'll never make it, yet we see worse failures over a longer time period by jauron and you still cling to this hope that next year it will be better.

Im not arguing that Jauron will take us to the Super Bowl, or that we should keep him because of his amazing in-game decision making.

I do however, support keeping him so we dont do to ALL of our bright young talent the same thing that was done to JP. We have a young team that is mostly adjusting to the NFL.

While I do not have a lot of faith in Jauron to know when to throw the replay flag, I also do not have a lot of faith that we would bring in anyone better than him.

Id rather give the players we have, the chance to grow into the system of the coaches we have, and give the coaches a chance to grow with them. Rather than take the chance that they might be able to change philosophy a half way into their learning process.

Ive already addressed the Miami/Atlanta anomaly and pointed out that we do not have Parcells and we do not have Arthur Blank's money. I understand that Mike Smith was a no name coach before this, but there is more going on down here with the Falcons than just the coach. The change is coming from the Owner down, and we know that isnt going to be the case with the Bills.

If we were going to bring in Cowher, I'd help Jauron pack his bags. I'm not crazy about him by any means. I simply think he is the lesser of two evils. We've seen over and over, in Buffalo and throughout the league, what constant turnover can do. There have only been a couple examples of teams turning it around in one year, and most of the time, those turn arounds dont last.

I have always maintained & still do that JP has POTENTIAL. All the EXCUSES given for Trent can be multiplied by 5 & applied to JP. When he goes to another team & has a chance to develop under GOOD coaching, we will find out if it was ONLY potential.

And I think you're a fool. If you haven't seen and realized JP has no potential you haven't watched a lot of good QBs closely. He will be lucky to get a backup job, and will never be a decent QB in the NFL.

a young developing QB who has had 2 OC's in 2 years, his latest OC a rookie as well?

im still waiting for an answer from anyone who endorses cleaning house, as to how they think rebuilding will turn out better next season rather than holding on to some continuity?

Very simple. If you believe that the current coaching staff is preaching and deploying a winning style of offense, defense and special teams and if you think they game plan effectively from week to week and make good game day decisions all while motivating the players, then you might support the return of this head coach. You could then believe that more player experience and more player talent would lead to more victories. You might then believe that this coach is capable of leading a team to playoff victories, something he has never done in his coaching career.

I don't believe Jauron is doing this or is capable of ever doing this. Therefore, I support replacing the head coach. While that may not deliver better results in '09 than with DJ at the helm, I do believe that a better coach can deliver more wins over the longer term (2 years or more).

I'm beginning to think the Bills will retain Jauron, while doing their utmost to make it seem cosmetic changes (perhaps new coordinators, a new UFA, draft picks) will make this team a winner. It didn't work in 08, and I don't see it happening in 09.

Needless to say, the PR effort has to go into overdrive ASAP if DJ will be kept around next year.

Yep, changing coordinators every year will provide the instability this team needs to be successful.