Hardy

Mopreme

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His knee injury looks pretty serious. Any thoughts on the injury? Sprain or worse ACL?

The only good thing about his injury will be that Steve Johnson gets more PT, which I think is going to be a good WR. The bad part is if Hardy misses the rest of the season you still go into next year with out a clear idea if this kid can contribute.

Does it really matter? The guy did nothing all year and has bust written all over him. 7th round pick Johnson has been more productive.

Puh-leeeze. He barely played one season and he's a bust??? He may not become a pro bowler but to declare him a bust now is idiotic.

PTR

The only good thing about his injury will be that Steve Johnson gets more PT, which I think is going to be a good WR. The bad part is if Hardy misses the rest of the season you still go into next year with out a clear idea if this kid can contribute.

Not sure LimpDick would've utilized his talents in the next 2 games anyway..... Haven't though 14 games.

Am sure the last thing a tentative receiver who is not physical or fast enough needs is a serious knee injury.

Count me among those seriously dismayed by his utilization/performance/development this year.

Steve Johnson can be a brilliant consolation prize though......

Any chance folks could just be concerned about his health because he is a bill and therefore ONE OF OURS

for christ sake people.

seriously, too much misplaced hate on the board. Plus, just cause he hasn't been a factor this year offseasons are very important for rookies to get bigger and stronger under a professional program. I'd hate to see a serious injury affect him into next season.

Does it really matter? The guy did nothing all year and has bust written all over him. 7th round pick Johnson has been more productive.

Bust???

Nonsense.

Talk to us in 3 years.

You should know as well anyone that it takes at least 3 years for most receivers to reach their potential.

While not a superstar, it's only this year that Josh Reed has emerged as a durable, competent, playmaker. And when did we draft him???

Why would you say who cares? Obviously, Hardy has struggled to acclimate to the pro game. But if he has a serious knee injury, such as a torn ACL, that will only make things more difficult. He is a second round pick. You "care" if they get a serious injury.

You can knock Hardy all you want - and he deserves criticism - but he is not alone. Hardy's two TDs this year are more than the other WRs in the draft we were looking at (Thomas, Kelly, and Sweed) COMBINED. In fact, the only one of the three with a TD is Thomas, and it was as rushing TD. Young receivers struggle with the nuances of the position.

Puh-leeeze. He barely played one season and he's a bust??? He may not become a pro bowler but to declare him a bust now is idiotic.

PTR

Bust???

Nonsense.

Talk to us in 3 years.

You should know as well anyone that it takes at least 3 years for most receivers to reach their potential.

While not a superstar, it's only this year that Josh Reed has emerged as a durable, competent, playmaker. And when did we draft him???

Exactly, with receivers three years is the rule of thumb just like QB's.

I can't believe i saw people write "who cares"

Let me direct you to some Bills recievers facts:

Eric Moulds first two seasons:

1996 : 20 rec. for 279 2 TDS

1997 : 29 rec. for 294 0 TDs

Andre Reed:

it took Andre Reed till his 5th season (1989) to record his 1st 1,000 yard season

Lee Evans:

it took him till his third season to have a 1000 yard season

3rd season till he broke 50 receptions

I know you can start an argument about any of those recievers but i have one simple point.......

patience my friend

hope his injury is not serious

Who cares......then I guess Hardy has a few years to recover......

Not to be nitpicky, but if I remember correctly, you were one of the people that really wanted us to draft Hardy. I don't feel like going through old posts, but I'm pretty sure you were all about James Hardy at Indiana.

Not to be nitpicky, but if I remember correctly, you were one of the people that really wanted us to draft Hardy. I don't feel like going through old posts, but I'm pretty sure you were all about James Hardy at Indiana.

sure was, an im eating my words for it. But I regret saying it either. The player I seen in college is nowhere near the same player thats with the Bills.......Dont mean I cant say he dont suck, cause he does......and im an idiot for wanting him. I can own up to that.

sure was, an im eating my words for it. But I regret saying it either. The player I seen in college is nowhere near the same player thats with the Bills.......Dont mean I cant say he dont suck, cause he does......and im an idiot for wanting him. I can own up to that.

Well, it's nice to see someone actually owning up on the boards, but I wasn't really asking you to do that. I was just implying that considering you were such an advocate of Hardy even before the Bills took him, I would hope that you at least give him a little time to develop because you know what type of player he has the potential to be

Well, it's nice to see someone actually owning up on the boards, but I wasn't really asking you to do that. I was just implying that considering you were such an advocate of Hardy even before the Bills took him, I would hope that you at least give him a little time to develop because you know what type of player he has the potential to be

Im very frustrated......

I know he needs time to develope. But he also needs a shot at it......when he dont see the field, it dont help.

I want my team to win........simple as that and I dont care who it takes to win.

I agree with the people saying it's way too early to tell how good he can be. This is another situation where I think the coaches screwed up. Was there a single ball thrown his way that wasn't a jump ball?

The entire game plan for Hardy seems to be for him to run straight down the feild and grab a jump ball. After a few try's defences start to catch on, and can take him out of the game pretty easily. If they had any football sense, they would teach him to be a complete reciever, and only use his size in certain situations. (single coverage from small DB, near the goal line, ect.)

As bad as the Lions are, they seem to be teaching Calvin Johnson the right way. He may be tall and have leaping abilty, but that's not all he does. He actually has to run different routes, and not surprisingly, it works. I know the two aren't even close in terms of talent, but you should at least try to use Hardy in different ways.

Any chance folks could just be concerned about his health because he is a bill and therefore ONE OF OURS

for christ sake people.

Football can be a dangerous game. Especially when your out there wandering around without a clue as to what to do :thumbsup:

Seriously I wish him a complete recovery. This was a really wasted year for him. It could have been him. It could have been the coaching or the QB situation. It would be truly unfortunate if he could not come back 100% for camp next year.

Am sure the last thing a tentative receiver who is not physical or fast enough needs is a serious knee injury.

Count me among those seriously dismayed by his utilization/performance/development this year.

Steve Johnson can be a brilliant consolation prize though......

I'm in this corner. Johnson's positioning on his first catch is light years ahead of Hardy and I see nothing in Hardy (skills or attitude) to hope for an 'Andre Reed/Eric Moulds' in the coming years. I get it that WR's typically take a while to adjust but NFL history to date shows there are enough good to great rookie WR's to effectively argue that as typical.

I, too, think Johnson could be a stud.

seriously, too much misplaced hate on the board. Plus, just cause he hasn't been a factor this year offseasons are very important for rookies to get bigger and stronger under a professional program. I'd hate to see a serious injury affect him into next season.

Although I agree with your post, it's just kinda funny coming from someone named jauron666

Change your name to "the stadium flag", only that waivers more than you. You're brutal.

How many rookie receivers have really caught on in thier first year? Not too many. It is one of the more difficult position for a rookie to learn, unlike running backs. Have to give him a little more time to learn before we call his a total bust. Next to Lee Evans one handed catch in the end zone, his touchdown catch at the beginning of the season might be one of the top highlights in a p*ss poor season. I too think Steve Johnson could be a good one, not a total surprise though. There were a few publications that listed him as maybe the Steal of the draft lasting all the way to the 7th round.

By no means am I going to write Hardy off and declare him a bust.

But I do think Stevie Johnson is already better than him, which makes using a 2nd rounder on Hardy a wasted pick at this point. If Hardy has trouble finding the field the next several years because the Bills have better options in Reed, Johnson, etc., I have no problem with calling him a bust then.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that's probably what's going to happen. But I'm hoping Hardy proves me wrong...

I'm in this corner. Johnson's positioning on his first catch is light years ahead of Hardy and I see nothing in Hardy (skills or attitude) to hope for an 'Andre Reed/Eric Moulds' in the coming years. I get it that WR's typically take a while to adjust but NFL history to date shows there are enough good to great rookie WR's to effectively argue that as typical.

I, too, think Johnson could be a stud.

Now maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but going into the season, weren't they saying that Johnson played in a much more organized offense that would make his transition to the pro game go much more smoothly than Hardy? The big shame here might be that Hardy won't have the chance to have a typical off season. So many times in professional sports you'll see that guy who works his ass off in the offseason, working on his game and getting into much better shape. Now he might have to do that in rehab instead.

Amen. Hardy will be out of the NFL in another 2 years. Another brilliant (wasted) draft choice by the crack (smoking) management.

Amen. Hardy will be out of the NFL in another 2 years. Another brilliant (wasted) draft choice by the crack (smoking) management.

Way to early to say either way on this one. Yes he needs to develop route running and body positioning techniques to shield defenders to reach his potential, but he is more the norm that the exception when it comes to Rookie receivers production/development. Sadly, he may be rehabbing a serious injury until preseason. Maybe this can help as he will stay close to the team/facilities in the offseason. It looked like a knee on TIVO, but I'm hoping for a broken ankle.....

Blame the coaches for not taking advantage of his undeniable mis-match in the red zone though. We certainly could've used him more if only down there. His 2 TD's were unstoppable patterns, and used more often, would've helped up to win, and other guys succeed. I see no reason he couldn't have scored more down there. I would've used this year to focus on goaline plays for him, and had Johnson in the majority of the time outside the 20.

Look at Parrish with this also. How is it possible that he is NEVER/RARELY open. He seems like the quickest player on the team. Is it him or playcalling or both? Why can't he get separation and have an opportunity to RAC?

Something stinks on our offense, and it involves how we utilize our players talents. The only guy who seems to have maxed out his abilities is Reed, and that has taken 5 years......

Way to early to say either way on this one. Yes he needs to develop route running and body positioning techniques to shield defenders to reach his potential, but he is more the norm that the exception when it comes to Rookie receivers production/development. Sadly, he may be rehabbing a serious injury until preseason. Maybe this can help as he will stay close to the team/facilities in the offseason. It looked like a knee on TIVO, but I'm hoping for a broken ankle.....

Blame the coaches for not taking advantage of his undeniable mis-match in the red zone though. We certainly could've used him more if only down there. His 2 TD's were unstoppable patterns, and used more often, would've helped up to win, and other guys succeed. I see no reason he couldn't have scored more down there. I would've used this year to focus on goaline plays for him, and had Johnson in the majority of the time outside the 20.

Look at Parrish with this also. How is it possible that he is NEVER/RARELY open. He seems like the quickest player on the team. Is it him or playcalling or both? Why can't he get separation and have an opportunity to RAC?

Something stinks on our offense, and it involves how we utilize our players talents. The only guy who seems to have maxed out his abilities is Reed, and that has taken 5 years......

Yes...too early. Being a so tall receiver, he has a way to go to see if he becomes a Harold Carmichael or a Richard Caster. Or a Teyo Johnson.

Whether it's too early to tell if he's a bust or not can and will be argued about all off-season. I know it's unrealistic to expect a Hardy thread not to have any of the "bust" talk, but the guy got hurt.

He was injured out there playing for "our" team, and it's just kind of sad to read people writing "who cares?" because of the level of player he is.

I understand that the two injuries are very different in terms of how serious they are....but there was a guy named Kevin Everett who was a bust as a football player, got seriously injured in a game, and is treated by Bills fans as a hero. Just wish some people had enough class to look past the pure football aspect of it and consider the health and well-being of the injured player as well.

From the silver lining department, perhaps Stevie Johnson will get some looks at #2 WR. The kid's gonna be good. He could be the perfect compliment to lee evans. (disclaimer: that would be on a team that attempts passes over 4 yards long)