Jauron needs to go!

Mopreme

I have been reading that players will react poorly if Jauron gets fired. First off, Jauron is a player's coach so off course the players will be upset. Let's face it, players for the most part enjoy less rules and easier practises. He holds practise sessions indoors for heaven's sake. He is turning the players soft and this is becoming a huge problem on the field. They need an ass kickin rather than an ass leakin' from gutless Jauron,

Consistency is obviously a cocnern. What has worked for the Bills the past few years? Special teams. Why? Bobby April is the reason and he would make the most sense to replace Jauron. Levy had a special teams background as well. He will come cheap which would make pathetic wilson happy. April is a great motivator and pushes his players, hence the great results over the years. He reacts and yells but also gets excited rather than stand there and pick his nose like jauron. For the players sake, he will also provide the consistency rather than a total makeover which could set the Bills back (even though I don't agree with that arguement as well). Wilson will never pay for a hotshot coach. I would rather have April than some supposed up and coming coordinator or staffer who will stink the place up like gregg williams or mike mularky. The bills already have the guy in the organization.

I have been reading that players will react poorly if Jauron gets fired. First off, Jauron is a player's coach so off course the players will be upset. Let's face it, players for the most part enjoy less rules and easier practises. He holds practise sessions indoors for heaven's sake. He is turning the players soft and this is becoming a huge problem on the field. They need an ass kickin rather than an ass leakin' from gutless Jauron,

Consistency is obviously a cocnern. What has worked for the Bills the past few years? Special teams. Why? Bobby April is the reason and he would make the most sense to replace Jauron. Levy had a special teams background as well. He will come cheap which would make pathetic wilson happy. April is a great motivator and pushes his players, hence the great results over the years. He reacts and yells but also gets excited rather than stand there and pick his nose like jauron. For the players sake, he will also provide the consistency rather than a total makeover which could set the Bills back (even though I don't agree with that arguement as well). Wilson will never pay for a hotshot coach. I would rather have April than some supposed up and coming coordinator or staffer who will stink the place up like gregg williams or mike mularky. The bills already have the guy in the organization.

Couldn't agree more, in fact I've stated the same thing in recent posts. April would be a great HC, just my opinion! :censored:

I would rather see Schotenheimer or Hasslet (keeping April ST coach), but you know that like those two, April would light a fire under this team (which they BADLY NEED) so he would be my third choice. :censored:

Where have you been reading this? Seems like the only place I keep reading it is on here, and usually by one of the few remaining Jauron supporters who are desperate to come up with any reason to keep DJ.

I'll be honest and state when the Bills lose, I do not read every article linked on TBD (no sense in reliving the loss over and over and over ...). So it could very well be in an article I did not read.

I strongly disagree. Just because Marv Levy used to be a special teams coach doesn't mean that Booby April is the next Marv Levy. Wasn't the logic behind hiring Dick Jauron was that he was an ivy leaguer like Marv was and that he had previous experience just like Marv? Hiring Bobby April is NOT the way to go. This team needs to flush out the system and start anew with a young bright energetic head coach. Bobby April is not the change this organization needs. The only consistency should be that Bobby April stays on as special teams coach.

The change this team needs is Raheem Morris...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ.../12/02/coaches/

"• Raheem Morris -- Haven't heard of the Bucs defensive backs coach? You will. For one thing, he's thought to be a slam dunk to become Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator should Monte Kiffin join his son's staff at the University of Tennessee. But Morris is also thought of as the next Mike Tomlin, whom he worked under in Tampa Bay as recently as 2005. He's got a winning and magnetic personality, and though he's only 32 -- younger than Bucs veterans Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber -- his players rave about his fiery coaching style and his ability to motivate."

Did you read that? "winning and magnetic personality", "fiery coaching style", "ability to motivate"...these are the qualities that we're looking for as Bills fans. Bobby April is a guy that has never shown the desire to become a head coach and forcing someone into that position is NOT the change we are looking for. Raheem Morris, this dude is not the second coming of the lame coaching jokes that Williams and Malarkey were. He is the second coming of Mike Tomlin and the players would not only play for this kind of coach, they'd win for this kind of coach.

How bout Marvin? He could certainly be available at years end....although he does have two years left and works for the only other owner in the league that may be cheaper the Ralph when it comes to caoches and firing someone they still have to pay

Marvin said back in 2001 that he did not want to come to Buffalo; that his wife did not like the schools or the area. At least that is what I remember. I also wonder whether his failure to manage the Bungles has taken a lot of the bloom off that particular coaching rose. Perhaps he is another coordinator who will not be a good HC?

I strongly disagree. Just because Marv Levy used to be a special teams coach doesn't mean that Booby April is the next Marv Levy. Wasn't the logic behind hiring Dick Jauron was that he was an ivy leaguer like Marv was and that he had previous experience just like Marv? Hiring Bobby April is NOT the way to go. This team needs to flush out the system and start anew with a young bright energetic head coach. Bobby April is not the change this organization needs. The only consistency should be that Bobby April stays on as special teams coach.

The change this team needs is Raheem Morris...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ.../12/02/coaches/

"• Raheem Morris -- Haven't heard of the Bucs defensive backs coach? You will. For one thing, he's thought to be a slam dunk to become Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator should Monte Kiffin join his son's staff at the University of Tennessee. But Morris is also thought of as the next Mike Tomlin, whom he worked under in Tampa Bay as recently as 2005. He's got a winning and magnetic personality, and though he's only 32 -- younger than Bucs veterans Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber -- his players rave about his fiery coaching style and his ability to motivate."

Did you read that? "winning and magnetic personality", "fiery coaching style", "ability to motivate"...these are the qualities that we're looking for as Bills fans. Bobby April is a guy that has never shown the desire to become a head coach and forcing someone into that position is NOT the change we are looking for. Raheem Morris, this dude is not the second coming of the lame coaching jokes that Williams and Malarkey were. He is the second coming of Mike Tomlin and the players would not only play for this kind of coach, they'd win for this kind of coach.

Im so sick of hearing about this guy. Everyone is creaming their pants over this guy because of one news article to start. Second, he doesnt even have ANY experience as a Coordinator, let alone a HC. You do all realize there is a WORLD more that goes into being a HC than just being fiery and motivating. He wont be so motivating when his players lose faith in him when he starts losing us games by making bad calls, failure to adjust, etc. Fiery and motivating only get you so far...you need to have the knowledge to make adjustments, make personell decisions, choose the right coordinators and staff, gameplan on how to beat the tough coaches in this league, deal with the media (something he doesnt have to do now, nor ever has...ask Lane Kiffin how his introduction to that was).

And how is Mike Tomlin the poster child example? He has made several blunders this year (with a full year already under his belt) that have cost them wins, and did it again against Dallas and if it wasnt for Romo, it would have cost them that game too. Even the announcers were commenting on how he just made the same dumb call that already cost them a win earlier in the year and it again failed. The guy inherited a SUPER BOWL winning team...that is the SAME team that won the Superbowl just 3 years ago that had a 2ND YEAR QB then and was built by someone else...my grandma could coach that immensley talented team to 10 wins.

This team doesnt need some unproven guy with a loud voice who has to learn on the job just like our young players. It needs a proven winner and veteran leadership who KNOWS HOW TO WIN GAMES! I dont care how "motivated" a player is, if he doesnt have the game plan and strategy in place to win the game, he wont.

Im so sick of hearing about this guy. Everyone is creaming their pants over this guy because of one news article to start. Second, he doesnt even have ANY experience as a Coordinator, let alone a HC. You do all realize there is a WORLD more that goes into being a HC than just being fiery and motivating. He wont be so motivating when his players lose faith in him when he starts losing us games by making bad calls, failure to adjust, etc. Fiery and motivating only get you so far...you need to have the knowledge to make adjustments, make personell decisions, choose the right coordinators and staff, gameplan on how to beat the tough coaches in this league, deal with the media (something he doesnt have to do now, nor ever has...ask Lane Kiffin how his introduction to that was).

And how is Mike Tomlin the poster child example? He has made several blunders this year (with a full year already under his belt) that have cost them wins, and did it again against Dallas and if it wasnt for Romo, it would have cost them that game too. Even the announcers were commenting on how he just made the same dumb call that already cost them a win earlier in the year and it again failed. The guy inherited a SUPER BOWL winning team...that is the SAME team that won the Superbowl just 3 years ago that had a 2ND YEAR QB then and was built by someone else...my grandma could coach that immensley talented team to 10 wins.

This team doesnt need some unproven guy with a loud voice who has to learn on the job just like our young players. It needs a proven winner and veteran leadership who KNOWS HOW TO WIN GAMES! I dont care how "motivated" a player is, if he doesnt have the game plan and strategy in place to win the game, he wont.

Oh please, calm the f down dude. I'm the only one here who's been trying to get Morris' name out there and I've only posted my opinions on him a few times.

What you clearly don't understand is that to be a great head football coach you either have it or you don't. It's something that you can't fake and something that you can magically get with age and experience. Hate to burst your bubble, but the only "proven winner", Bill Cowher, isn't walking through those doors over at One Bills Drive. Any other "name" coach you could come up with would have baggage attached. Try me, come up with this "proven winner" for the Bills head coaching position with no baggage. I dare ya.

From everything I've read the Bills would be stupid not to seriously consider Raheem Morris as their next head coach. As for your worry about not being a coordinator, have you not heard of these successful coaches?...

Tony Sparano

Mike Tomlin

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Mike Singletary

Mark my words, Morris WILL be the top coaching prospect in 2010 if he isn't hired as one this year. This may be the only shot at hiring a bright young NFL mind that would be here 10 very successful years. You can't get what he clearly has through experience, you either have the qualities of a great head coach or you don't. Don't be so scared about hiring a young guy. That old experienced smart guy we hired was an unmitigated disaster, the Bills need change we can believe in!

The Bills need Raheem Morris baby! Here are my parting shots...

http://flickr.com/photos/7131242@N03/1071510463

http://flickr.com/photos/scarmedia/2735302205/

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bu...ticle927072.ece

http://goallinefootball.com/newsblog/tag/raheem-morris/

:)

Tony Sparano

Mike Tomlin

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Mike Singletary

The only coach on there that has proven anything is Sparano...and for every Sparano there is 10 cant miss next great HC that bomb...(see mularkey, Lewis, Williams, Weis, Crommel, etc.)

Tomlin has cost Pitt wins with coaching mistakes and almost cost him a win last week in Dallas REPEATING a mistake that cost him a win earlier in the season...in fact, Romo gave him that win. That team is winning games because of its immense talent on both sides of the ball, not because of good coaching.

Harbaugh is doing an ok job, but that D is doing the hard work for him...same D that has led the Ravens to 9 or 10 wins every year...so hard to say how good or bad he is really doing.

Payton is the coach of the most underacheiving team this in the NFL this side of Buffalo...

Singletary...come on dude...not even going to respond to this one...

The point is, if we had a veteran team that needed a spark, then yeah, maybe an upstart fiery new coach would be the answer. But this team DOES NOT know how to win and is young. The last thing we need is a coach learning on the job with the players...we need a HC who knows how to win to provide verteran leadership.

Billick, Mariucci, Marty, Fassell...these guys have all taken bad teams and turned them into winning teams. All will be available next year...Billick and Fassell have Super Bowl experience and Billick won a Super Bowl. So dont tell me they havent won in this league. Mariucci took a cap strapped, old, rebuilding 49er team and made them good years quicker than anyone thought possible. Fassel took a mediocre Giants team and turned them into a power and took them to the Superbowl. Marty has turned around EVERY team he has coached for.

This is what we need...of course there is Cowher too, but thats not a likely landing...

I've seen this quote on a half a dozen threads. I'm not buying it. So he's a good DB coach. He could be the next great thing, perhaps. Odds are against it. Or, he could be another Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams. They were both highly touted as I recall. I also seem to remember that people like Gregg when he first showed up because he was fiery and tough and didn't put up with any crap from the spoiled baby players. How far did that get us?

I agree with the other guy. There are winning coaches out there. My order:

Marty

Brian Billick

Bill Cowher

Jim Fassell

the Mooch

Mike Martz

All we need is a young coach trying to llearn how to win games against guys who already know how to coach like Dungy, Belicheck, and

Jeff Fisher. I'm tired of baby sitting snot nose rookie coaches (and Dick). Let's get a real coach and try to win for a change. Our division is only getting stronger. We must get stronger too.

You say coaches either have it or not. Why not pick one we already know for sure does have it, and not some guy a magazine article says might.

I've seen this quote on a half a dozen threads. I'm not buying it. So he's a good DB coach. He could be the next great thing, perhaps. Odds are against it. Or, he could be another Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams. They were both highly touted as I recall. I also seem to remember that people like Gregg when he first showed up because he was fiery and tough and didn't put up with any crap from the spoiled baby players. How far did that get us?

I agree with the other guy. There are winning coaches out there. My order:

Marty

Brian Billick

Bill Cowher

Jim Fassell

the Mooch

Mike Martz

All we need is a young coach trying to llearn how to win games against guys who already know how to coach like Dungy, Belicheck, and

Jeff Fisher. I'm tired of baby sitting snot nose rookie coaches (and Dick). Let's get a real coach and try to win for a change. Our division is only getting stronger. We must get stronger too.

You say coaches either have it or not. Why not pick one we already know for sure does have it, and not some guy a magazine article says might.

Awesome...if you were here I would buy you a drink :)

The point is, if we had a veteran team that needed a spark, then yeah, maybe an upstart fiery new coach would be the answer. But this team DOES NOT know how to win and is young. The last thing we need is a coach learning on the job with the players...we need a HC who knows how to win to provide verteran leadership.

Billick, Mariucci, Marty, Fassell...these guys have all taken bad teams and turned them into winning teams. All will be available next year...Billick and Fassell have Super Bowl experience and Billick won a Super Bowl. So dont tell me they havent won in this league. Mariucci took a cap strapped, old, rebuilding 49er team and made them good years quicker than anyone thought possible. Fassel took a mediocre Giants team and turned them into a power and took them to the Superbowl. Marty has turned around EVERY team he has coached for.

This is what we need...of course there is Cowher too, but thats not a likely landing...

Is Brian Billick going to teach them how to win? Without Ray Lewis? You're kidding, right? The only reason he has a ring is because of Lewis. Plus the guy is a jerkoff egomaniac who would be a horrible pick for a head coach. You're crazy if you'd want that guy more than Morris.

Is Steve Mariucci going to teach them how to win? Mr. Soft and Cuddly, California nice guy, players' coach? Exactly how does that work with the 53 softies we have on this roster? BTW, what the hell has Steve Mariucci ever won?

Marty? Well if winning a Superbowl is your ultimate goal then why on earth would you want Marty? He's a dinorsaur, he even failed at getting his Chargers to the big game. Not winning the big one is the story, and I mean THE STORY, of his life and with me being a Buffalo Bills fan, one that I want no part of thank you.

Fassell? You can't be serious with throwing his name out there. Fassell is a loser. He's got almost as much loser stink on him that Dick Jauron had when he got here. He had only one very good season out of seven in New York and that was because the NFC conference was at it's rock bottom level that year. If you'd rather have Jim Fassell than Raheem Morris then we might as well just stop the arguing right here and now.

Boy are you living in the past! :)

Raheem Morris would bring a much needed breath of FRESH AIR. Jauron and the Bills have spent the last two years suffocating the life out of this game we call football. Morris has everything the Buffalo Bills want and need as a head coach who's not named Bill Cowher. BTW, you can't stop the Raheem for Bills head coach train!

Abe Gibron Dammit

Is Brian Billick going to teach them how to win? Without Ray Lewis? You're kidding, right? The only reason he has a ring is because of Lewis. Plus the guy is a jerkoff egomaniac who would be a horrible pick for a head coach. You're crazy if you'd want that guy more than Morris.

Is Steve Mariucci going to teach them how to win? Mr. Soft and Cuddly, California nice guy, players' coach? Exactly how does that work with the 53 softies we have on this roster? BTW, what the hell has Steve Mariucci ever won?

Marty? Well if winning a Superbowl is your ultimate goal then why on earth would you want Marty? He's a dinorsaur, he even failed at getting his Chargers to the big game. Not winning the big one is the story, and I mean THE STORY, of his life and with me being a Buffalo Bills fan, one that I want no part of thank you.

Fassell? You can't be serious with throwing his name out there. Fassell is a loser. He's got almost as much loser stink on him that Dick Jauron had when he got here. He had only one very good season out of seven in New York and that was because the NFC conference was at it's rock bottom level that year. If you'd rather have Jim Fassell than Raheem Morris then we might as well just stop the arguing right here and now.

Boy are you living in the past! :)

Raheem Morris would bring a much needed breath of FRESH AIR. Jauron and the Bills have spent the last two years suffocating the life out of this game we call football. Morris has everything the Buffalo Bills want and need as a head coach who's not named Bill Cowher. BTW, you can't stop the Raheem for Bills head coach train!

You couldnt even pick Morris out of a lineup...so get off his jock over a magazine article...I bet you I can find a ton of articles sucking the jock of Gregg Williams too the year he was a hot candidate...

Billick BUILT that Baltimore team that was way more than just Ray Lewis. He's had Ray Lewis all the other years, so if it was just because of Ray he should have a lot more rings...

Mariucci took a lousy, old, rebuilding, strap capped niner team and took them to the playoffs 4 straight years with a CFL QB and to the NFC Championship game. It was a team that was said to be in hell so bad that it would be 10 years to recover. He did it in 2 and that team had way LESS talent than our Bills do now.

Marty has won every where he has been. A career defining drive 2 years in a row at the end of the game by Elway kept him out of SB in Cle...it happens. KC...well his teams over achieved...wasnt enough talent to go all the way. SD...well you can blame his kicker for that one...A few unlucky plays have kept him from 3 super bowls...he still took bad teams and got them to great teams.

Fassel took NY to the Super Bowl in a year they werent even considered a lock to make the playoffs...so how has he never won?

I would take any one of those guys above over your inexperience Morris who doesnt know how to coach a team...

You couldnt even pick Morris out of a lineup...so get off his jock over a magazine article...I bet you I can find a ton of articles sucking the jock of Gregg Williams too the year he was a hot candidate...

Billick BUILT that Baltimore team that was way more than just Ray Lewis. He's had Ray Lewis all the other years, so if it was just because of Ray he should have a lot more rings...

Mariucci took a lousy, old, rebuilding, strap capped niner team and took them to the playoffs 4 straight years with a CFL QB and to the NFC Championship game. It was a team that was said to be in hell so bad that it would be 10 years to recover. He did it in 2 and that team had way LESS talent than our Bills do now.

Marty has won every where he has been. A career defining drive 2 years in a row at the end of the game by Elway kept him out of SB in Cle...it happens. KC...well his teams over achieved...wasnt enough talent to go all the way. SD...well you can blame his kicker for that one...A few unlucky plays have kept him from 3 super bowls...he still took bad teams and got them to great teams.

Fassel took NY to the Super Bowl in a year they werent even considered a lock to make the playoffs...so how has he never won?

I would take any one of those guys above over your inexperience Morris who doesnt know how to coach a team...

You seem way too comfortable with the "jock" humor my man. A bit lonely are we?

:(

I'm not going to ague with you all night on this...btw, Ozzie Newsome built that team not Billick.

I hope the Bills are open minded about hiring a guy like Morris and I'm certainly glad you are not making the decision. :)

wait... so after all this campaigning against Jauron that 1billsfan has been doing for the past year and a half, and his idea for a replacement is...

(drum roll please)

RAHEEM MORRIS!?!?!?

you just want to make sure you have something to complain about, right? youre not serious about the bills entering ANOTHER rebuilding stage for... Raheem Morris, are you?

You seem way too comfortable with the "jock" humor my man. A bit lonely are we?

:(

I'm not going to ague with you all night on this...btw, Ozzie Newsome built that team not Billick.

I hope the Bills are open minded about hiring a guy like Morris and I'm certainly glad you are not making the decision. :)

Alphadawg7 - Please don't confuse this guy with facts!

billsfan1, who are you anyway, Morris' father-in-law or something. For crying out loud, I heard Troy Aikman gushing over Gregg Williams while he was DC in Washington saying he was going to be a great HC someday. This was after his tenure in Buffalo.

I'm glad you're not making the decision.

Give me someone who's actually won something in the NFL before. They're out there.

Oh, and you didn't have a snide comment about Martz.

im not for replacing Jauron.

Im not pleased with the coaching staff over the past few weeks. but if we are going to enter ANOTHER rebuilding stage before this one is complete, then it better be only for a few select coaches. Cowher... well i guess thats it.

im not going to support blowing the entire thing up just to bring in a guy who has been a DB coach on an "ok" Tampa team.

thatll get us right back to where we started.

i do not want to start over with all new coaches. that starts the whole 3 yr cycle over again. we have a very tough schedule next tr and you morons want to start with all new offense and defense ? sure lets just go 5-11 and write it off to "rebuilding"?? NO

exactly. i think our chances of winning against next year's schedule are much greater with a group of guys (players AND coaches) who have been working together and been through some ups and (major) downs TOGETHER, than they are with a staff still trying to figure each other out and players still trying to re-learn their jobs.

i do not want to start over with all new coaches. that starts the whole 3 yr cycle over again. we have a very tough schedule next tr and you morons want to start with all new offense and defense ? sure lets just go 5-11 and write it off to "rebuilding"?? NO

i'm as sick as anyone of Jauron and i am sick of the perpetual rebuilding phase...but i wouldn't say anyone is a moron for wanting to go back to the drawing board with this team. What is the benefit of sticking with the offense currently being offered? You mean to tell me that ZERO touches for Fred Jackson is a good use of personnel?

but can we please do better than retreads like Marty Schottenheimer? The only "name" guy i'd be beating the drum for is cowher.

and for what it's worth...everyone here is looking for the next Marv Levy. Marv was a great guy...wonderful locker room presence...great motivator and a good head coach. But I wouldn't put him in the Pantheon of great NFL head coaches. In at least 2 of the 4 SBs, he was outcoached by teams with better gameplans. He was not exactly one for innovation or adaptation.

I want the guy who gets the most out of his players, understands the basic requirements of his position (like when to call time outs or challenge), as a resume that includes winning...not just longevity...and is innovative.

i'm as sick as anyone of Jauron and i am sick of the perpetual rebuilding phase...but i wouldn't say anyone is a moron for wanting to go back to the drawing board with this team. What is the benefit of sticking with the offense currently being offered? You mean to tell me that ZERO touches for Fred Jackson is a good use of personnel?

the benefit is seeing what happens when you give people (both players and coaches) who are so young in their careers a chance to learn and grow, instead of being so impatient that you find yourself in a perpetual cycle of starting over every 3 years.

before anyone explodes, im well aware that jauron isnt a "new" coach. but he is in this organization and with this team. and more importantly, the rest of the staff is extremely green in their careers, as are 90% of his players.

the benefit is seeing what happens when you give people (both players and coaches) who are so young in their careers a chance to learn and grow, instead of being so impatient that you find yourself in a perpetual cycle of starting over every 3 years.

before anyone explodes, im well aware that jauron isnt a "new" coach. but he is in this organization and with this team. and more importantly, the rest of the staff is extremely green in their careers, as are 90% of his players.

That's a risky proposition. You're betting that DJ can develop young talent into a winner before they all get to free agency. Who's willing to make that bet? Maybe Ralph. I doubt he will. I really believe that at 6-10 or 7-9 he makes a change. At that point Jauron will have done nothing to justify another year IMO.

That's a risky proposition. You're betting that DJ can develop young talent into a winner before they all get to free agency. Who's willing to make that bet? Maybe Ralph. I doubt he will. I really believe that at 6-10 or 7-9 he makes a change. At that point Jauron will have done nothing to justify another year IMO.

true. but on the flipside, are you willing to bet that a new coach (especially a first year, former position coach) can turn this team around next year? or the year after? or the year after that?

cause if not, then he is gone too and we're back to rebuilding through 2015

true. but on the flipside, are you willing to bet that a new coach (especially a first year, former position coach) can turn this team around next year? or the year after? or the year after that?

I'd take my chances that a better coach than DJ could be hired. Looks like a good bet to me, but you'd have to be willing to compete in the hiring process. There will be a lot of coaches hired this off season.

I don't get the love for Jauron. HE CALLED HIMSELF OUT DURING PRESEASON, SAYING ANYTHING LESS THAN THE PLAYOFFS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I agree with him, this season is just UNACCEPTABLE. Dick MUST GO.

IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! Look at Miami & Atlanta.

I'd take my chances that a better coach than DJ could be hired. Looks like a good bet to me, but you'd have to be willing to compete in the hiring process. There will be a lot of coaches hired this off season.

There is no guarantee that, that coach will do well with the players we have. Coaching success I think has more to do with the players than with how good the coaches are. I think DJ gets bum rap because we don't think he is fiery enough. I am not sure that is a reason to fire him. I remember when a lot of you wanted the guy from Green Bay to be the next coach, yet he hasn't even be asked to coach again in the NFL. A lot of the people calling for Dj's head didn't even want him in the first place.

There is no guarantee that, that coach will do well with the players we have. Coaching success I think has more to do with the players than with how good the coaches are. I think DJ gets bum rap because we don't think he is fiery enough. I am not sure that is a reason to fire him. I remember when a lot of you wanted the guy from Green Bay to be the next coach, yet he hasn't even be asked to coach again in the NFL. A lot of the people calling for Dj's head didn't even want him in the first place.

In February 2006, Sherman was hired by the Houstan Texans to be assistant head coach/offense coach.

In January 2007, Sherman was promoted to OC of the The Houston Texans, and still remained an assistant HC.

In November 2007, Sherman accepted the job as head coach of the Texas A & M Aggies.

So now we know you were wrong about Sherman, I suppose you can tell us how many teams had interviewed or were interested in interviewing Dick Jauron after the Lions cut him loose?

I'll give you a clue. It is less than 2.

Miami could very well win the division coming off a 1-15 record. Must be the 53 All-Pros that they added in the off-season. <_<

I asked the same question in a earlier post. If Wilson is gonna hire somebody from within it got to be April

Besides isnt he assistant head coach right now anyway??

This team could used a spark

Plus i think Jauron could even stay as a DB coach, but i doubt that would happen.Jauron best use is would be an assistant coach, not head coach.

Not true at all............

Falcons and Miami are examples of turning it around it one year.

Both teams have rookies and young talent..it can be done

Most important, they have great coaches how can motivate men....

Jauron has had 3 years.........average

dont see it getting better soon

If Ralph was smart he'd break the bank and hire Bill Cowher as head coach, give him free and total reign. Then in a year or so when we're looking good and in the playoffs-the value of the team will increase. When the team gets sold-the money spent on Cowher and staff will pay for itself plus much more. He'll be doing his family a favor! Do the Bills really think that hiring ANOTHER coordinator as a head coach will fill seats? No, Russ Brandon is smarter than that. They have to have a proven commodity and really show they're committed to winning. I really like Bobby April, but the time to win is now.

wait... so after all this campaigning against Jauron that 1billsfan has been doing for the past year and a half, and his idea for a replacement is...

(drum roll please)

RAHEEM MORRIS!?!?!?

you just want to make sure you have something to complain about, right? youre not serious about the bills entering ANOTHER rebuilding stage for... Raheem Morris, are you?

Yes. See, I'm not a small minded person like yourself who is clearly afraid of change. I believe that Morris would be a 1000 times better than Dick Jauron. I don't even think it's a risky proposition. The reason I believe this is from reading the comments by the players and his coaches, including his mentor Monte Kiffin. BTW, this is not a rebuilding stage for the Buffalo Bills. The core of young players have now been here three years now. This is a time that they need a real football coach to light a freaking fire under their ass and win this division next year. Just Like Miami is going to do with a rookie head coach who was hired from a position coach, taking a 1-15 team and winning the AFC East THIS year. See, that's the difference between you and me. You think small and I think big. This team has the talent, they certainly have the same amount of talent that Miami has. The thing that is most wrong with the Bills is the thing that you want to keep here, Dick Jauron. He's what is holding them back. So I do understand why you are so confused by my suggestion of Raheem Morris for the next Bills head coach. The very fact that you are on board with sticking with Dick Jauron says all I need to know about your intelligence.