Jauron needs to go!

Mopreme

From everything I've read the Bills would be stupid not to seriously consider Raheem Morris as their next head coach. As for your worry about not being a coordinator, have you not heard of these successful coaches?...

Tony Sparano

Mike Tomlin

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Mike Singletary

Not trying to shoot down Raheem Morris or anything (heck, I'd be all for giving him a shot), but Sean Payton was a coordinator. He was the Giants' OC under Fassel, then left for Dallas to work as the OC under Parcells.

Granted, his play-calling duties were taken away by Fassel during the Giants' Superbowl year and he was a bit maligned in Dallas for some offensive struggles, but he was definitely a coordinator for those two teams. I think Payton has done pretty well in New Orleans so far.

Guys like Sparano, Harbaugh, & Singletary don't have a lot of time as HC yet. While they're doing well so far, I'd rather see more of a sample to say that they "have it" as a HC. Tomlin has done pretty well so far, also, but he inherited Bill Cowher's team in Pittsburgh that has stayed together. We'll see how well he does if players leave via free agency or some of the assistants go elsewhere.

That said, I don't believe there are hard requirements that a HC should have been a coordinator at some point in his career.

Not trying to shoot down Raheem Morris or anything (heck, I'd be all for giving him a shot), but Sean Payton was a coordinator. He was the Giants' OC under Fassel, then left for Dallas to work as the OC under Parcells.

Granted, his play-calling duties were taken away by Fassel during the Giants' Superbowl year and he was a bit maligned in Dallas for some offensive struggles, but he was definitely a coordinator for those two teams. I think Payton has done pretty well in New Orleans so far.

Guys like Sparano, Harbaugh, & Singletary don't have a lot of time as HC yet. While they're doing well so far, I'd rather see more of a sample to say that they "have it" as a HC. Tomlin has done pretty well so far, also, but he inherited Bill Cowher's team in Pittsburgh that has stayed together. We'll see how well he does if players leave via free agency or some of the assistants go elsewhere.

That said, I don't believe there are hard requirements that a HC should have been a coordinator at some point in his career.

I appreciate the mature response, it's quite refreshing. <_<

In my view, today's NFL game has changed. Everything is excellerated. Look at the Broncos, they are starting 8 rookies and just beat the Jets. Look at the success that Ryan and Flacco are having with rookie head coaches. Look at how quickly the 49ers have changed as a team since Singletary took over. Even though it is early going with him, that is one AMAZING transformation and it has everything to do with the difference between a bad coach in Nolan and a good coach in Singletary.

Tomlin WAS given a great team, but you have to admit that Pittsburgh hasn't missed one beat since Cowher left. They were smart and chose someone who they considered would be a great coach, not someday, but right now. Because they had a team that was ready in the present. If the Bills fans were the fans of the team that had a retiring Cowher leaving with the ring, I guarantee you that our fans would be saying we needed a coach with experience because this team was still ready made to compete. What do YOU think the reaction would be here if Wilson hired a Mike Tomlin (Tampa Bay DB coach) coming off of a Superbowl?

To me the choice is a clear one, we need a dynamic head coach. We need a coach that truly will get these players to actually play to the hilt and not just talk about it. The whole thing about how Jauron's players play hard for him is a complete myth. The Bills need to do what the Steelers did and hire the best guy out there regardless of experience. I believe that guy is Raheem Morris.

Hey, you're a great poster! We CAN have differences of opinion without the "jock" jokes.

The Bills last 3 choices were 2 NFL assistants and one ex- head coach of the Bears and interim HC of the Detroit Lions. Greg Williams was the DC of Tennessee Titans. When Tom Donahoe lost his power struggle with Bill Cowher and left Pittsburgh he brought in Mike Mularky who was OC for the Steelers.

2000 8-8 Wade Phillips fired, GM John Butler leaves for SD and takes Doug Flutie

2001 3-13 Rob Johnson QB Greg Williams and Tom Donahoe hired

2002 8-8 Drew Bledsoe

2003 6-10 Greg Williams fired

2004 9-7 Mike Mularky HC hired

2005 5-11 Tom Donahoe fired and Mularky resigns

2006 7-9 Dick Jauron HC and Marv Levy GM hired

2007 7-9

2008 Marv levy leaves.team takes a nose dive again

Lord I'm sick of trying maybe coaches and maybe GM's, Clearly it was Bill Cowher that was the smartest guy in the room when he and Tom Donahoe were drafting players.

Screw this losing crap... Hire Bill Cowher as GM and head coach and pay him as such.Or hire Cowher as GM and Dick Lebeau as head coach.The bills won't win until they get some major brains from somehwere.

Ralph Wilson got super lucky when he promoted Bill Polian to GM,the guy is a genius. He found a diamond in the rough and then fired him over a struggle with Jeffrey C. Littmann Treasurer in 1993, What a monumental mistake that was. The Bills could have been in another 8 super bowls and won 5 of them by now.

he's been talked down, but i'd take hasslet for the bills.

we are NOT ever going to get a big money big name coach, so forget that.

haslett would be the anti jauron. if we can keep much of our staff (blow up the O tho) and add a passrusher and playmaker on O, we can be in the playoffs next season.

i think jim might be the fire in the belly guy who can undo any sort of fumbling half assedness that dick would have instilled