A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And how do you know this to be true?? Granted he didn't play a good first half, which may have been due to an injury. But they still were only ten points behind and should have been less, so hard to believe he'd bench TE who had no int's.

It may likely have been a minor thing and TE would tell you he could have played through it. However he did miss abunch of passes so maybe DJ felt was do to him favoring it, so yanked him. No idea, but also no that no one has any idea that it was faked either.

Saying that Trent had any type of injury is an insult to the fans, the media, and everyone involved with this team. I'd rather DJ call out Edwards and say that this will continue to happen until he gets better. He did this last year, too. Terrible way of handling this situation.

It will be interesting to see if Trent is truthful about his "injury" in the postgame sessions. We all know that Jauron used the injury card so that he couldn't get called out if and when Losman sucked in the second half (and/or to salve TE's brittle psyche for getting pulled). I'm not buying it and no one else should either. Horrific decision all around. Like him or not, Trent is the future of the franchise at QB, so benching him does him no good confidence-wise. If Losman had done well, what then? Ride the hot hand as far as he'll take you (not likely to be the playoffs), watch him leave in FA and then go back to the guy you've dumped? Complete crap all around--what a f-ing joke.....

My "auto response" on this point....

What, no comments on the play of Edwards?

He needs to throw the ball downfield more often..Either they arent sending the wr's down the field on routes or he just wont throw it ..Either way that along with the idiotic playcalling is why our offense isnt scoring touchdowns. Why on earth they dont run a time tested normal offense instead of this shotgun formation 80 percent of the time is beyond reason...Second down and 2 and you go to the shotgun??? Why would you take the element of a playaction pass out of your arsenal??? The only reason is they are just plain stupid...

Buffalo is a laughingstock and will remain so until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner. I do not wish anything bad happen to him, but only the Ford and Brown families in Detroit and Cincinnati respectively are worse owners.

Since the firing of Polian in favor of Chief Financial Officer Jeff Littman in 1993, Ralph's legacy has slipped considerably. Nine seasons and counting without the playoffs should be enough for him to do something. It won't save his legacy, which in my mind is meddling in football operations and letting talented executives leave over petty differences, but I don't think fans will stand idly by and keep watching this franchise further devolve.

Today's loss on their home field, coupled with MNF losses to Cleveland and Dallas these past two seasons should open Ralph's eyes and either make an investment into the team or exit stage left. There is no middle ground, and hanging onto the team without a plan for 2009 and beyond is negligent. It is time for yet another coach, and this time a proven NFL personnel man should hire that next coach. When those hirings are made, Ralph needs to leave football operations to football people.

If he cannot do this, eventually attendance will slip to a level which cannot maintain the team. Maybe that's the plan to begin with.

I'm going to try denial. I'll let you know if it works.

I'm just using my denial experiences that i've learnt from our State Government and applying it to the Bills, it's working wonderfully well at the moment.

1) Did you ever notice that Bills players often laugh after a penalty is called against them? McKelvin had just given up a TD, and had a s :devil: t eating grin after getting flagged. The reason for this? Nervous laughter? I am going with Dick Jauron. There is nothing to fear from this emotionless eunuch.

2) WRT catching the punt of the 1 or 2 yard line, my guess is that if Roscoe Parrish had half of a brain, he would topple over sideways.

3) I guess that Lindell has oficially "caught the fever."

4) During the week, Ralph shoud offer Jason Peters a long term deal.

5) JP had decent fantasy numbers I suppose. That well describes him.....a fantasy quarterback. This is bad, but it's a huge step up from Jauron, who is a nightmare. He is a horror show; a slap in the face to each and every Bills Fan.

6) Until I caught myself and remembered it is only football, I was sitting there thinking that I actually hated our pass rush for allowing this nobody and a 75 year old receiver look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

7) Kudos to Duke Preston for finding new, innovative ways to help us lose. Ouch, does he suck, and yes...he is better than Fowler. What a freaking mess.

8) A timeout before a San Francisco punt with 1:52 remaining in the half? Really? Jauron should jump off of a f :lol: ing bridge. I take that back....it's only football.

9) Marshawn needs to catch the football before he starts running with it. He is real good, but he has been dropping too many passes this season. Maybe he needs a coach.

10) Why can't our receivers (other than Josh reed) get open? Could someone explain this to me?

11) Here is the question.....are we really any better than we were before the Levy/Jauron Era began? Considering where we drafted and how many first day picks we had, it is sad to have to even ask.

12) After all that.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They may be losers, but they are our losers.

With regard to #11, not really. Main reason being that almost all of the early picks of the past 3 seasons were made to replace players that were cut or lost in free agency since Levy arrived. Milloy, Adams replaced by Whitner and McCargo. Marshawn and Poz to replace McGahee and Fletcher. McKelvin to replace Clements. Add in a simialarly bad head coach, and it's no surprise that the team they have now greatly resembles Mularkey's last team.

Buffalo is a laughingstock and will remain so until Ralph Wilson is no longer the owner. I do not wish anything bad happen to him, but only the Ford and Brown families in Detroit and Cincinnati respectively are worse owners.

Since the firing of Polian in favor of Chief Financial Officer Jeff Littman in 1993, Ralph's legacy has slipped considerably. Nine seasons and counting without the playoffs should be enough for him to do something. It won't save his legacy, which in my mind is meddling in football operations and letting talented executives leave over petty differences, but I don't think fans will stand idly by and keep watching this franchise further devolve.

Today's loss on their home field, coupled with MNF losses to Cleveland and Dallas these past two seasons should open Ralph's eyes and either make an investment into the team or exit stage left. There is no middle ground, and hanging onto the team without a plan for 2009 and beyond is negligent. It is time for yet another coach, and this time a proven NFL personnel man should hire that next coach. When those hirings are made, Ralph needs to leave football operations to football people.

If he cannot do this, eventually attendance will slip to a level which cannot maintain the team. Maybe that's the plan to begin with.

Bada BING! And they move to Toronto "because of a lack of support from the WNY area." Bada BOOM.

Kelsay and Denney actually had pretty darn good games, maybe they aren't so useless.

I've always felt Denney gets a real bad shake around here. Not a pass rusher, but generally plays very sound. Kelsay on the other hand with his rather slow wide up the field rushes 10 yards beyond the QB, and his penchant for being suckered in the run game because of his pitiful rush (wide and gaping holes left behind) still makes me sick.

And how do you know this to be true?? Granted he didn't play a good first half, which may have been due to an injury. But they still were only ten points behind and should have been less, so hard to believe he'd bench TE who had no int's.

It may likely have been a minor thing and TE would tell you he could have played through it. However he did miss abunch of passes so maybe DJ felt was do to him favoring it, so yanked him. No idea, but also no that no one has any idea that it was faked either.

Humm, 1 out his last 9 or 10 attempts in the 1st half likely did have something to do with it. The misses more often than not, weren't even close....

Ur boy done good, Bill.

Sorry cable lady, your support for Loserman is admirable but it is also futile. This guy is a total joke. I said before the season that the worse thing that could happen to loserman this year for a contract next year is that he gets an extended chance to play. Well, I will say one thing, I have not heard any word on the extent to Edwards injury(I just got up from passing out from the game) but if Loserman has to play the rest of the year he will play himself right out of the league.

Oh yeah, this just in, Jauron sucks.

I agree with you 100%. You try and tell me Jeff Fisher, Mike Smith, Tony Sparano, Mike Tomlin or Tony Dungy wouldn't have this team at 9-3 right now with the schedule we had this year and I will laugh in your face.

The thing that kills me is that all we had to do was beat fuggin Cleveland & SF at home & we would be tied for first right now. Man supporting this organization is depressing.

Perhaps it's because they know the fix is in. I'm 99% convinced that the refs call BS penalties because the NFL hates Ralph.

Looks like both Roscoe and Lindell have caught the fever. Lindell's killing my fantasy team right now.

Why? He'll just play worse once he signs it.

Note to Russ: trade down in April and draft a DE and a C in the first two rounds.

I'd actually lean towards yes, believe it or not. I think the talent is there, but the coaching is not even close.

The talent was there with Donahoe too. We were loaded with talent. Guys like Clements and Winfield and later McGee, Lawyer Milloy had some good years here, Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Schobel, Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Aaron Schobel, am I missing someone probably. And the offense was good for its years too with Price and Moulds and later Evans and Moulds, Bledsoe was good at QB, and we had Henry then McGahee at RB. We had such a talented team at times, more so than now, but coaching could never get it together.

I remember the one year we started amazing, we beat the Pats 31-0 then crushed the Jaguars, it was fun. We had a top 3 defense every year.

Who was the starting linebacker at that position after Posey though? Was it Crowell? That situation is a little fuzzy.

Needless to say, the team we have now doesn't compare to those teams, talent wise. But we have the young players who could develop into stars. We're getting there.

I know this won't matter, and we have the whole beast mode thing, but on a desperation 4th and 15 completion to you, the ball is in your hands, you cannot be tackled with the ball. This has come up before, and it is common sense, football instinct/awareness, whatever. Lynch is getting swarmed and Roscoe is positioning himself for a lateral, and my beloved Marshawn holds on to the ball. While that tough grip would have been nice on his 1st half fumble play, it is unacceptable on a 4th down game on the line play.

Clearly nit-picking in a day with many greater failures and disappointments, but every time I see this in a football game I leave a big red handprint on my forehead. I expect JP to dump and not actually try to throw the ball to Lee, or get out of the pocket to buy some more dime because he is, well, JP. But I want to know why Beast-mode wouldn't have that concept in his head. C'mon...where is that Berkley education? Even The-U Roscoe knew how it works.