A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Did you ever notice that Bills players often laugh after a penalty is called against them? McKelvin had just given up a TD, and had a s :blink: t eating grin after getting flagged. The reason for this? Nervous laughter? I am going with Dick Jauron. There is nothing to fear from this emotionless eunuch.

2) WRT catching the punt of the 1 or 2 yard line, my guess is that if Roscoe Parrish had half of a brain, he would topple over sideways.

3) I guess that Lindell has oficially "caught the fever."

4) During the week, Ralph shoud offer Jason Peters a long term deal.

5) JP had decent fantasy numbers I suppose. That well describes him.....a fantasy quarterback. This is bad, but it's a huge step up from Jauron, who is a nightmare. He is a horror show; a slap in the face to each and every Bills Fan.

6) Until I caught myself and remembered it is only football, I was sitting there thinking that I actually hated our pass rush for allowing this nobody and a 75 year old receiver look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

7) Kudos to Duke Preston for finding new, innovative ways to help us lose. Ouch, does he suck, and yes...he is better than Fowler. What a freaking mess.

8) A timeout before a San Francisco punt with 1:52 remaining in the half? Really? Jauron should jump off of a f :thumbsup: ing bridge. I take that back....it's only football.

9) Marshawn needs to catch the football before he starts running with it. He is real good, but he has been dropping too many passes this season. Maybe he needs a coach.

10) Why can't our receivers (other than Josh reed) get open? Could someone explain this to me?

11) Here is the question.....are we really any better than we were before the Levy/Jauron Era began? Considering where we drafted and how many first day picks we had, it is sad to have to even ask.

12) After all that.....GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They may be losers, but they are our losers.

Good post. #12 is creative. We still love our Bills.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither QB distinguished himself today.

This is true. They both threw a couple of good balls, and of course a couple of bad ones.

Trent is obviously off. At this point, one can only hope that it is a case of the sophmore blues. That is all I can say because I don't like to make excuses for him.

JP did every thing one would expect him to do. He threw a pass to Fine that was spectacular (the one he bobbled). He had some other nice tosses as well. He also held the ball too long (poor decision making) and drilled a couple of short passes at about 80 miles per hours that the receivers couldn't handle. The one to Parrish comes to mind.

Again, excuses aren't my thing, but both qbs, as well as the entire team, are held back by the poor quality coaching that defines Dick Jauron.

You know what I think? I think that we went 4-0 because our big guys were fresh. Hey, our best player (Peters) was way out of shape and we still won. After these guys took their lumps and were worn down, teams can pretty much have their way against our DL. As for the OL, I am liking Dockery less every game. As Badolbilz stated, the guy is fat. He can't move, and is a lousy run blocker. In other words, we need another OG. Preston is indescribably bad, and he is better than Fowler. Walker and Butler are OK, not dominant.

It is worth noting that Kelsay and Denny had their best outings, yet this nobody qb was able to make key first downs.

Jauron made this team in his image......weak and small. We have star studded defensive backs in terms of where they were drafted, but because we are weak whare it counts, we will probably never know how good they are until they leave town, and this they will do as soon as they can, like all the rest of our first round dbs.

Yesterday we where a Roscoe catch and 1 field goal away from winning. JP was right though, it wouldnt be deserved.

Here is what happens this off season. We cut Lindell in order to divert our REAL problems with out team. Jauron stays, and we think everything is ok because JP is gone and we have a new kicker. Oh yeah and Trent will again be our savior. We will again raise our hopes for a post season 09-10, We will go 8-8 Ralph will die and the Bills will move.

Great I just ruined my entire day.

JP did every thing one would expect him to do. He threw a pass to Fine that was spectacular (the one he bobbled). He had some other nice tosses as well. He also held the ball too long (poor decision making) and drilled a couple of short passes at about 80 miles per hours that the receivers couldn't handle. The one to Parrish comes to mind.

I couldnt tell the difference between either QB yesterday. We got the exact same play in the 1st and 2nd halves. But on the pass to parrish (i assume you meant the one in the endzone), that pass had to be a bullet. You cant soft toss a short pass across the middle of the field in the endzone. The pass was right there, but the defender got his hand in there. You can blame other stuff yesterday on JP, but NOT that pass.

Bill-

Regarding Dockery, when he runs on the field he is extremely slow. I realize being able to move on the OL isn't about running the 40 fast, but he is slow. Walker runs faster.

Dockery and Walker are both slow because they are indeed overweight. Dockery is listed at 330, and probably could stand to lose 15 pounds. Walker is about 30 pounds over where he should be. Not surprisingly, their agility is terrible.

A longtime Raiders fan I know said Oakland let Walker go because his lateral movement was poor. Well, his run blocking isn't stellar either.

I couldnt tell the difference between either QB yesterday. We got the exact same play in the 1st and 2nd halves. But on the pass to parrish (i assume you meant the one in the endzone), that pass had to be a bullet. You cant soft toss a short pass across the middle of the field in the endzone. The pass was right there, but the defender got his hand in there. You can blame other stuff yesterday on JP, but NOT that pass.

Parrish should of made that catch. A stronger more physical receiver does. With that being said, I thought the pass should be lower so Parrish could slide & make it & the only way the defense could defend it is to interfere. With that being said though, it was not a bad pass.

Bill-

Regarding Dockery, when he runs on the field he is extremely slow. I realize being able to move on the OL isn't about running the 40 fast, but he is slow. Walker runs faster.

Dockery and Walker are both slow because they are indeed overweight. Dockery is listed at 330, and probably could stand to lose 15 pounds. Walker is about 30 pounds over where he should be. Not surprisingly, their agility is terrible.

A longtime Raiders fan I know said Oakland let Walker go because his lateral movement was poor. Well, his run blocking isn't stellar either.

With apologies to Dean Wormer, "Zero point two... Fat, lazy and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

4) During the week, Ralph shoud offer Jason Peters a long term deal.

Your boy had a pretty good game, for the most part.

6) Until I caught myself and remembered it is only football, I was sitting there thinking that I actually hated our pass rush for allowing this nobody and a 75 year old receiver look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

Amazing how a (lack of a consistent) pass rush can make just 'bout anyone look like an All Pro, huh?

Oh, and you shouldn't hate.

10) Why can't our receivers (other than Josh reed) get open? Could someone explain this to me?

Oh no, William. I have been corrected on this before. Our receivers are open; our QBs just suck @ getting the ball to 'em.

Working on another decade w/out a playoff visit...

I could not agree with youyr more. I am totally fed up and am thinking about cancelling the Sunday Ticket for next year unless meaningful changes are implemented. That means getting a GM who knows football and a decent coach. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that as long as Ralph is alive, Bills fans will have to put up with a sub-standard product as all Ralph cares about is filling te stadium and making money; so his dream is to have 7-9 teams that offer promise to keep the fans coming back.

Pathetic.........

This was taken from a Buffalo Evening News article:

Three times Buffalo staked out prime real estate in the red zone and then sold it under cost. The Niners, it turns out, had Buffalo's schemes and tendencies down pat, knew them as well as the players they were defending.

"I think it's preparation, preparation by [defensive coordinator] Greg Manusky," said Takeo Spikes, the former Bill who was in on nine tackles, forced a fumble and ran down Marshawn Lynch at the end of a 50-yard run to prevent a Buffalo touchdown.

"We actually did two days of red zone work, somewhat on Thursday and then a true red zone day on Friday," Spikes said. "He can tell us what they're going to run, but a lot of people don't tell you why they'll run it versus certain stuff. And for him to be able to put us in that position, that's the reason why we're going to be effective in the red zone. We saw that. Certain calls you're going to be able to see certain stuff."

This speaks volumes about our coaches and coaching strategy (at least on the offensive side of the ball). It clearly shows why we can't win against the better coaches in the league. I also think Jauron's handicapping Turk's playcalling as it seems our offense is still generally as bland and "safe" as it has always been since he got here.

This speaks volumes about our coaches and coaching strategy (at least on the offensive side of the ball). It clearly shows why we can't win against the better coaches in the league. I also think Jauron's handicapping Turk's playcalling as it seems our offense is still generally as bland and "safe" as it has always been since he got here.

And then compare it to what Edwards said about "practicing against defenses that they never see in games." So the offense doesn't know what they're going to see on a given day but the D playing against them knows exactly what the O is going to do.

Fantastic.

Working on another decade w/out a playoff visit...

Reading this made me realize that would make right now the WORST DECADE in franchise history! We actually were at least IN the playoffs once or twice in every decade from the 60's through the 90's.

0:)

With apologies to Dean Wormer, "Zero point two... Fat, lazy and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Well done Derrick Blutarsky for you, I mean Dockery.

This was taken from a Buffalo Evening News article:

Three times Buffalo staked out prime real estate in the red zone and then sold it under cost. The Niners, it turns out, had Buffalo's schemes and tendencies down pat, knew them as well as the players they were defending.

"I think it's preparation, preparation by [defensive coordinator] Greg Manusky," said Takeo Spikes, the former Bill who was in on nine tackles, forced a fumble and ran down Marshawn Lynch at the end of a 50-yard run to prevent a Buffalo touchdown.

"We actually did two days of red zone work, somewhat on Thursday and then a true red zone day on Friday," Spikes said. "He can tell us what they're going to run, but a lot of people don't tell you why they'll run it versus certain stuff. And for him to be able to put us in that position, that's the reason why we're going to be effective in the red zone. We saw that. Certain calls you're going to be able to see certain stuff."

I couldn't believe DJ went with Schonert as OC. At the time (and it doesn't matter who was right) I figured Schonert couldn't get an OC job over 10+ years as a QB coach, why did he then earn the OC job.

The problem was no one wanted to coach for DJ when the latter had no job certainty. It's why DJ can't find good coordinators, and the result is other teams figure Buffalo out so easily. Sure players make mistakes, but it's coaches that put the players into position. Let's face it, Lindell missed those kicks, Parrish dropped that ball, etc. But when your RZ offense is so predictable that the defense knows what's coming, then you can't put that on the players.

The Buffalo Bills coaching staff is like someone playing Stratego with their pieces facing away from them. They telegraph every move they make, and wonder why it doesn't work. It's not execution, it's being out-coached. Whisenhunt, Sparano, Mangini, Crennel (!) and Singletary have all done it to Jauron, who has spent more time as a NFL HC than all of them.