Is Jauron the worst head coach in the league?

KD in CA

The Bills were running the ball well the entire 4th quarter. Trent did suck horribly the entire game for the 4th straight week. Even so, the play calling can be questioned even if you account for the lack of ability at QB.

In all honesty, Lindell has to make that :angry: kick. It's not like he didn't have the leg like can happen at that end sometimes. He just plain choked. Perfect snap. Perfect hold. Pitt game revisited.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly i am in the minority, but running was the prudent move, since Lynch was tearing them up all night, you got to be able to make a friggin 47 yard FG, the wind clearly did not push that ball to the right and it had the distance from 50 plus...the guy on the other side just made a 56 for crying out loud.

Cannot disagree at this point. Lets us not forget how Edwards sucked again....

I may be Jauron's biggest critic on this board, and I think I can defend him a bit tonight. I saw some good things. Running out of the shotgun was effective. You can see that getting Lynch past the line of scrimmage has tremendous value. They did some things to get him the ball away from the pile. Defensively they went after the QB with a bigger pass rush and made some plays. It hurt them on a couple but overall it was a plus in the game.

On the last possession, you can question the 3 runs at the end. I think you expect to gain a few more yards than they did, but again you can see that when you plan to run into the pile and the other team knows it, not much is gained. Running left and putting the ball to the left hash is questionable unless Lindell wanted it there. On a tough night to kick at that end of the field, you really don't want it to be a 47 yarder. A short play action pass would have been low risk on 1st or 2nd down.

Dick made some changes from previous weeks. It almost worked. Turnovers again were the downfall.

There was 1:28 left when Royal got tackled at the 35. I am still in disbelief that an NFL head coach did what i just saw and is still employed.

I'm usually not on the fire the coach bandwagon, but this is getting out of hand. I cannot believe we played so conservatively on the last set of downs. Yes, Lindell is paid to make those kicks, but that's a long field goal into the wind on a cold night.

Overall, I think we're tired of watching the same moribound loser-mentality football for the last seven years. The Jauron formula only works if we can run the ball and avoid frequently throwing it to the other team. We ran with some effectiveness tonight, but lost the turnover battle (again). I don't know who the right guy is for this team, but this operation is going nowhere fast. Either somebody young or preferably somebody with some fire. As totally absurd as this sounds (and is), I'd take Jim Kelly at this point if for no other reason than he cares and will light a fire under this bunch.

Every team I root for sucks and I'm frustrated. Good night.

At the beginning of the season, I decided to take a wait and see approach with Jauron, since he hadn't wowed me but was a stabilizing influence on the team.

I've waited. I've seen. This man is not leading this team anywhere. He's actually very rapidly transforming them into a team that disgusts me, and I didn't even say that about the 3-13 team of Greggo's first year. My only hope is that Ralph decides to go completely against his character and take the hit for the contract extension Jauron just signed. And let's face it, that's a pretty slim hope.

Dick sucks. I am tired of his loser mentality. Who the fck runs it up the middle three times in Orchard Park hoping to get a 47 yard field goal. WHO? For years now we have watched this team try to succeed with mediocre talent and now we have decent talent with a coach that plays like his d*ck will fall off if it gets too windy. I am just SICK of watching it year after year after year. We find new ways to lose that are practically unheard of and ways to avoid the playoffs on a consistent basis. How can anyone defend this sh*t. And Lynch played his heart out...I ...ugh.

LMAO when you get outsmarted by Crennel...you know something is wrong.....

Once Romeo used that 1st TimeOut....i knew Jauron would fall right for it and run three conservative just hold onto the ball....get us a couple yards, keep the clock moving type runs.....

Truer words have never been spoken (or typed)...

Dick sucks. I am tired of his loser mentality. Who the fck runs it up the middle three times in Orchard Park hoping to get a 47 yard field goal. WHO? For years now we have watched this team try to succeed with mediocre talent and now we have decent talent with a coach that plays like his d*ck will fall off if it gets too windy. I am just SICK of watching it year after year after year. We find new ways to lose that are practically unheard of and ways to avoid the playoffs on a consistent basis. How can anyone defend this sh*t. And Lynch played his heart out...I ...ugh.

Clearly Lynch's best game of the year, all wasted due to Edwards 4 game funk (is making a case for Losman to get some PT)

and horrendous coaching by Jauron.....

I have always liked Jauron, but I am getting close to jumping off that bandwagon at this point. That final drive was horrendous...and having to call a timeout with 2:35 left, while we are on the goal line is rediculous. Wasted timeouts (again), wasted field position (again) and a decent performance from the defense wasted (again)...I am a Trent Edwards guy, but if you have to protect your QB that much during the course of the game, you should probably think about pulling him. Losman, for all his blemishes, can throw the ball downfield, and can move when he is in the mood...hate to say it, but you could feel this coming...I may feel better in the morning, but I will go to bed, one pissed off Bills fan...thanks for nothing guys!

You and I knew as soon as we started running it those first two plays Jauron was coming back with a 3rd down run. The whole stadium knew it. Why the heck would you take a chance on a long FG into the wind when all you really needed was one more 1st down to set up Lindell.....................ONE MORE!!!!! You would have had 3 chances to move the chains closer for a much higher percentage FG and instead you chickened out and played scared. Boy, if that doesn't give Edwards and the rest of the team a vote of confidence. A win would have saved their season, "possibly" given Edwards a shot in the arm to boost what little confidence he has left, and maybe could have led to a 3 game winning streak with KC and SF coming up.

Instead, we realistically have to start looking towards next year and continue to second guess on what might have been this year and what the hell happened to our team besides the obvious injury problems. Edwards looks lost and is also playing scared to match the scared coaching and playing not to lose. Where is a coach and a team that goes for the jugular or knock out punch? Do we really have to go through 3 more years of this with Jauron? We will always be a hustling, hard working team that does just enough to stay close for most of the season only to drop out of contention when it matters most.

We deserved to lose when we finish a game off with that kind of play calling. We deserved to lose with those 4 ridiculous turnovers. We were lucky to even be in that position at the end of the game and yet we still found a way to blow it. We got back into the game by being aggressive with our defense (except for that big run) and then we play soft at the end..STUPID!

Way to go Jauron...............its unfortunate that you probably still haven't learned anything from this and these types of trends will continue as long as you lead our beloved team. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow and go through all the "wide right" stupid jokes that are deservedly coming. I feel bad for Lindell................yes, he probably still should have made it but his coach could have made his job much, much more easier IF HE HAD ANY BALLS.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Forget Trent, Jauron, Turk and Norwood. Ralph C. Wilson, Jr is our biggest problem. Our good ole, classy owner. This franchise is a joke and he's to blame for it. I think Jerry Jones would have fired Wade Phillips on the spot if he pulled that run crap at the end of the game like Tricky Dick did. You simply can't go from contenders to pretenders in a matter of weeks and not have any consequences. Someone needs to be held accountable.

On a side note, Trent's obviously not right but I wouldn't give up on him. I thought he pulled himself together and was "somewhat" useful in the second half. That said, Lee Evans sucked just as bad tonight. That guy isn't a #1 WR. He just doesn't create space for himself.

It all comes back to coaching. Jauron's staff should be packing their things right now if we had an owner that gave a damn. Jauron's play not to lose football is why we lost our last four games. He's obviously not changing his style. The Bills aren't a great team but they could have easily won at least three of those games if they had coaches with some brains and some balls.

Until Ralph understands the importance of a good coach, we'll be a marginal team at best.

Forget Trent, Jauron, Turk and Norwood. Ralph C. Wilson, Jr is our biggest problem. Our good ole, classy owner. This franchise is a joke and he's to blame for it.

I think Jerry Jones would have fired Wade Phillips on the spot if he pulled that run crap at the end of the game like Tricky Dick did.

You simply can't go from contenders to pretenders in a matter of weeks and not have any consequences. Someone needs to be held accountable.

On a side note, Trent's obviously not right but I wouldn't give up on him. I thought he pulled himself together and was "somewhat" useful in the second half. That said, Lee Evans sucked just as bad tonight. That guy isn't a #1 WR. He just doesn't create space for himself.

But this coaching staff should be packing their things right now. Jauron's play not to lose football is why we lost our last four games. The Bills aren't a great team but they could have easily won at least three of those games if they had coaches with some brains and some balls.

It's a joke when fans and commentators watch the game just point out blatant coaching miscues by the Bills.

Here's to three more Dick years!

Apparently Paul Hamilton reported that receivers were running open all game and Edwards wouldn't throw it, didn't see them, or threw late....also reported that Evans was open on numerous occasions....Edwards appears to be the one at fault there...

If you looked at the full field replays, you could see our receivers were open all night long. Edwards is shellshocked, and cannot make the quick decisions he made prior to being skullslammed to the turf in Arizona. he ain't been right since, he's like a nam vet.

I hate to replace him with Losman, who has the natural gift of hesitation and panic. Edwards' techniques can be blamed on the Arizona hit. Losman's are instinctive.

Our guys were open all night. It's true. Edwards is in a coma.

Apparently Paul Hamilton reported that receivers were running open all game and Edwards wouldn't throw it, didn't see them, or threw late....also reported that Evans was open on numerous occasions....Edwards appears to be the one at fault there...

I'm no expert but on the plays that they showed from the wide-angle cameras, Evans rarely, if ever, looked open UNTIL after Trent was forced out of the pocket. Even if Hamilton was right and Evans was open, I want my #1 WR to get in my QBs face and let him know. It just doesn't seem like Evans wants to be that guy on the field.