Is Jauron the worst head coach in the league?

KD in CA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about pansey play calling at the end of the game. A nice pass to get into field goal range and then go ultra conservative when you are not in gimme field goal range. Even if we made the field goal, Cleveland would have had time to score again.

This coaching staff is pathetic.

Fist and ten at aroun the thirty two or so and he tries to set up the long field goal!

I just cant stand Dick Jauron football! That game was lost by Jauron by calling three stupid runs in a row to set up a long field goal into the wind. Well, now are season is over and we just signed this schmuck to a new contract.

This game was basically blown when Edwards decided to run with ONE timeout and 20+ seconds left in the first half instead of throwing the ball away BUT basically boils down to Jauron getting outcoached every time he calls a timeout. Poor coaching and a lack of a QB knowing whats going on around him cost this game and another season! Jauron has been outcoached at every turn and if you look at every time there was a stoppage in play, not just this game, but just about every game, the opponent has converted a 3rd down or something other to continue their possesion.

LMAO when you get outsmarted by Crennel...you know something is wrong.....

Once Romeo used that 1st TimeOut....i knew Jauron would fall right for it and run three conservative just hold onto the ball....get us a couple yards, keep the clock moving type runs.....

It was a miracle the game was even in play when the entire thing had to be called around the obvious weakness of the QB. The coaches deserve credit for managing to make play calls after the first quarter which avoided interceptions. That was like a miracle. I wish they got a few more yards running but for heaven's sake you cannot let that loser throw the ball any more than you absolutely must.

whomever coaches the lions is pretty bad, but i've never ever seen what I just saw after that royal catch.

I'd have to give most Lions' coaches an "incomplete" for their coaching grade, simply because they're still trying to clean up Matt Millen's mess.

But right now I'm pretty sure Jauron is bottom three.

Jauron is an absolute joke. He would make a great positions coach but he cannot manage a game and plays every game as if he's scared to lose. This was the breaking point for me and Jauron. He is so excessively passive he refuses to ever go for the other teams throat no matter what the situation. Rip that contract up and get somebody with a pair.

I've defended Jauron up until now. But that turtle act, settling for a 47 yard field goal attempt into the win, is a sign of incompetence.

Fire him. Please don't let us have to live with him for three more years. Even if they made the playoffs sometime in the next few seasons by some miracle, he would lose some close game by taking a similar strategy.