What we saw today

Dawgg

Trent Edwards makes all the difference in the world for this team. Super accurate, doesn't turn the ball over and spreads the ball around.

That 3rd round pick alone was key to turning this franchise around.

Trent Edwards makes all the difference in the world for this team. Super accurate, doesn't turn the ball over and spreads the ball around.

Edwards was a steal, especially if we see more pass protection performances like today and not what we saw in the first 5 games. I like this team's chances as long as Edwards stays healthy.

I can think of an adjective, but it isn't competent...it is great...just imagine how good this kid is gonna be in 2 or 3 years...he hasn't even played a full season yet...to all the national media who say this kid is the next Brady, I can't say I can sit here and disagree with them...it is lofty praise, but he is way better than Brady or even Manning was at this stage of his career...

The biggest difference is what he gives to the D when he gives them time to rest. That's the big difference that the team needed. Last year we saw the same thing, and this year we are seeing it amplified.

It's not so much what he brings to the O, but how he enhances our D too. I hope he stays healthy and continues to improve his red-zone play. The guy will be unstoppable.

And here I was thinking that what I saw today was a great defensive effort, limiting the highest-scoring offense in the NFL to 14 points, and excellent pass protection against the 2nd worst passing defense. IOW a team win.

The biggest difference is what he gives to the D when he gives them time to rest. That's the big difference that the team needed. Last year we saw the same thing, and this year we are seeing it amplified.

It's not so much what he brings to the O, but how he enhances our D too. I hope he stays healthy and continues to improve his red-zone play. The guy will be unstoppable.

yes, that's correct. trent edwards was actually the one that picked off the rivers pass in the EZ and forced the fumbles on Rivers.

:beer:

This year I firmly believed in JP more than TE. But now TE shows you every week he is developing into something special. I look forward to his game each week just to see how he improves his game

JP doesn't know how to manage a football game. EVeryone sees how far he throws the ball and gets enamored with a 70 yard TD pass but the fact remains JP turns over the ball, gets sacked, and makes poor decisions at the wrong times. This was blatantly obvious the first game TE played.

My only concern about trent is that Chad Pennington started out his career the same way. Very accurrate , smart, but average arm.

one arm injury and we are lookin at 25 yard "bombs" to coles al la jets 2005-07

My only concern about trent is that Chad Pennington started out his career the same way. Very accurrate , smart, but average arm.

I'm no defender of TEs arm... but it is stronger than Chad's has ever been.

CP had arm strength concerns coming out of college. The injuries then killed him.

As far as I know, TE's arm strength has never been questioned (except by those on this board).

Edwards was a steal, especially if we see more pass protection performances like today and not what we saw in the first 5 games. I like this team's chances as long as Edwards stays healthy.

When the pick was made most of these experts were saying that we wasted the pick because we already had JP and a 3rd rounder was too high a pick to waste on a backup Qb.

I told them he wasn't drafted as a backup and they called me every name in the book.

Talk about eating crow.

Yeah hahaha

Live and learn.

The difference between Trent and JP is pocket pressence. Trent can feel the backside rush and he always steps into the pocket. JP is more inclined to either stand there and get sacked or try to escape the pocket. Throw in Trent's Quick release (Farvish if you ask me) and you have a QB.

CP had arm strength concerns coming out of college. The injuries then killed him.

As far as I know, TE's arm strength has never been questioned (except by those on this board).

They NEEDED to question something they are die-hard Losman fans.

They even tried to invent that BS about him not being able to play in bad weather.

Exactly he sustains drives.

When the pick was made most of these experts were saying that we wasted the pick because we already had JP and a 3rd rounder was too high a pick to waste on a backup Qb.

I told them he wasn't drafted as a backup and they called me every name in the book.

Talk about eating crow.

Yeah hahaha

Live and learn.

Yes, you're right. The so-called 'experts' around here don't eat crow, they'll disappear, or just flame you for pointing this out. Quite a few of these experts swore Willis was a top-5 back and defended him until the end (where are you now Peter), swore Trent was a wasted pick since we had JP, swore Rob Johnson was better than Doug Flutie, etc.

Exactly he sustains drives.

True. And we STILL have people here that swear the Arizona game would have been exactly the same with Trent at QB which is absolute BS. The little things that keep our D on the field, change momentum, cause turnovers, etc are what turns a game around completely. JP is the worst at this.

yes, that's correct. trent edwards was actually the one that picked off the rivers pass in the EZ and forced the fumbles on Rivers.

:censored:

Trent lead all our scoring dives and not a single turnover, and only 5 incomplete passes for the entire game. What else do you want?

PTR

Trent lead all our scoring dives and not a single turnover, and only 5 incomplete passes for the entire game. What else do you want?

PTR

his cult to quit parroting the mantra 'the defense plays better with trent in there' when it's been proven a fallacy?

Just curious. Where are all the JP backers who felt like he didn't get a fair shake in 4 seasons? I know they are still here. :censored:

Yes they are they still here they just deleted my last 3 posts.

lol

The worms are lurking just under the surface.

They don't want the I told you so that they deserve.

Yes they are they still here they just deleted my last 3 posts.

lol

The worms are lurking just under the surface.

The don't want the I told you so that they deserve.

Yeah, I remember when Simon was kicking people off for such truth. For shame. Freedom of Speech much! :censored:

Trent has a much stronger arm than Chad ever could have dreamed of having...I would put Edwards arm in the middle of the pack as far as NFL QB's...the guy has plenty of arm strength to make any kind of throw he needs to make...

Trent has a much stronger arm than Chad ever could have dreamed of having...I would put Edwards arm in the middle of the pack as far as NFL QB's...the guy has plenty of arm strength to make any kind of throw he needs to make...

To be fair to Pennington, he had more arm strength before tearing his rotator cuff not once but twice (if memory serves). It's about the worst injury a QB can get.

Yeah, I remember when Simon was kicking people off for such truth. For shame. Freedom of Speech much! :censored:

That's weird cuz all I remember was Simon booting people for being obnoxious crusading asses, regardless of which QB was "their guy".

What's past is prologue....

Beerball

The Senator

the Dean

They are all very quiet these days.

They were like a pack of dogs for their boy losman spewing very insult and filthy name under the sun on JP's behalf.

If you thought Edwards was drafted to replace their boy you were as good as gone.

Now they are in denial.

I wonder why.

They won't let this post either they'll beg the mod to get rid of it and me.

To be fair to Pennington, he had more arm strength before tearing his rotator cuff not once but twice (if memory serves). It's about the worst injury a QB can get.

Yes he did(very slightly but what little he had has come mostly back) but he still had a fairly weak arm.. Chad is a good QB. Even before the injury his arm was considered poofy. Looking at him throw now---he is just about back to his original arm strength--which was never much.

That's weird cuz all I remember was Simon booting people for being obnoxious crusading asses, regardless of which QB was "their guy".

What's past is prologue....

Thats subjective! Any opinion varying from JP backing was killed. I still have them in my history.

his cult to quit parroting the mantra 'the defense plays better with trent in there' when it's been proven a fallacy?

When the time of possession is 35:29 to 24:31, for the Bills because we have a solid QB running the offense and not making mistakes, that does in fact make a difference for the defense. A well rested defense is a defense that plays better. Perhaps that is why the defense does in fact play better when Trent is in there.

You make statements that the d playing better when Edwards plays is a fallacy, but you don't back it up with any proof or evidence to show why. That's because anyone who can competently look at a team in the NFL knows that Defenses play better when their offense can control the clock and keep them off the field. Perhaps that fact slipped your mind. The only game where we didn't win the TOP battle this season, was the one we lost. That's not a coincidence. Keep in mind that our TOP last year was one of the worst in the league.

Yes he did(very slightly but what little he had has come mostly back) but he still had a fairly weak arm.. Chad is a good QB. Even before the injury his arm was considered poofy. Looking at him throw now---he is just about back to his original arm strength--which was never much.

I've always liked Chad -- a smart player and a good leader. The league needs more players like him. Of course, I want him to lose every game.