Fred jackson

mackey7789

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before buying into retarded rumors, WHY would KC want Jackson, and WHY would the Bills trade him?

Well...you COULD postulate that he was thrown in along with a draft pick in exchang for Gonzales. I'm not exactly sure why they would want him, though.

He is deleted from the roster and the depth chart, but I don't see what your talking about on his Wikipedia page.

See my post in this thread, for the link to the old Wiki page, where it said that. With that in mind, it has been edited several times today and could simply be BS.

EDIT. Forgot to link to the other thread, where this is also under discussion (Thanks, blad!):

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=73999

Before buying into retarded rumors, WHY would KC want Jackson, and WHY would the Bills trade him?

They are trying to trade LJ also.

So maybe FJ for TG and then they trade LJ to like Detroit for Roy Williams or something?

Yea.. a bit off the wall, but it's possible? This whole thread is crazy though.

Well...you COULD postulate that he was thrown in along with a draft pick in exchang for Gonzales. I'm not exactly sure why they would want him, though.

To use him the same way Buffalo used him behind Lynch.

I just checked too. Not on the roster or depth chart.

NFL.com has him still listed as a Bill but that's not surprising. If you go to a search engine and put his name in the Bills page about him will come up. If you click the link it just takes you to the roster. His page has been entirely pulled.

I like Fred Jackson a lot, however let's remember he is a UFA at the end of the season, and the coaches were ecstatic about Xavier Omon.

From that perspective Jackson does seem to be a likely candidate to be traded.

ecstatic? I didnt watch the preseason so I wouldn't know....But anyone out there!!--Did watching Omon out there in preseason make you ecstatic?

I don't know what is more surprising:

The Bills are actually in trade rumors

People actually believe that Wikipedia and the Roster on Bills.com would be updated BEFORE the trade is announced.

I'd say its a tie.

Actually, things like that happen far more often than you would think. That doesn't surprise me, at all. But, I agree that it isn't necessarily a sign that anything has happened.

Why tell the website guy about the trade before you break it to the public?

But if this is true (hope not), I wonder if another possibility is that we traded Jackson for a pick straight up, not for another player.

It's done more often than you would think. Not necessarily any verified info, but in the possibility of a deal, they might have the website people getting ready "in case". Sometimes the wrong page goes live. This really isn't that odd, IMO.

ecstatic? I didnt watch the preseason so I wouldn't know....But anyone out there!!--Did watching Omon out there in preseason make you ecstatic?

Seriously--Omon as a back-up to Lynch, who already takes a pounding, is scary. I wonder if there's another RB in the deal. Maybe 3-way deal involving the Steelers and we get one of their back-up RB's?

I think it's a website issue; Darian Barnes was released and his page still exists: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/darian-barnes/ however Fred's page is gone: http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Fred-Jackson/.

Assuming player status is linked in the new website from their personal pages I'm going to say someone goofed up in the website editor which caused his page to dissappear with a side effect of him dissappearing automaticlly from the roster etc.

They are trying to trade LJ also.

So maybe FJ for TG and then they trade LJ to like Detroit for Roy Williams or something?

Yea.. a bit off the wall, but it's possible? This whole thread is crazy though.

Everyone is assuming the tech geek at OBD was working on a Sunday and was the first one alerted to "the trade". I think not.

For what it's worth this is what Wiki says:

On October 12th, 2008, in a sudden turn of events, Fred Jackson has been sent to the Kansas City Chiefs packaged with a 3rd round draft pick for TE Tony Gonzalez. In addition RB Larry Johnson has been sent to the New England Patriots for undisclosed draft pick(s).

LJ to the Pats is bizarre, isn't it?