Fred jackson

mackey7789

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TG makes Evans, Josh, and Parrish and Trent better. It's a no brainer, IMO.

Add Lynch to that, too, IMO.

And to the poster asking, "who would be the Bills 3rd down back?", my answer is "Lynch", for the most part. He can get his blows, on various downs, during the game.

Add Lynch to that, too, IMO.

And to the poster asking, "who would be the Bills 3rd down back?", my answer is "Lynch", for the most part. He can get his blows, on various downs, during the game.

Well, we still won't be able to run block. :rolleyes:

But maybe we will run more out of the spread formation, which is the only way we can run. With a good TE, we could be a very efficient if not dynamic offense. I love Freddie but him for TG would make us a favorite. That said, I think we can get TG for a athird straight up and keep Fred.

Well, we still won't be able to run block. :rolleyes:

But maybe we will run more out of the spread formation, which is the only way we can run. With a good TE, we could be a very efficient if not dynamic offense. I love Freddie but him for TG would make us a favorite. That said, I think we can get TG for a athird straight up and keep Fred.

That's really my point. And, with TG as a threat, the opposition won't be able to aggressively attack the box the way they do now.

And, yes, I'd prefer they part with a 3rd (or a 3rd and change) than Freddie.

JACKSON IS STILL A BILL

Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2008, 9:23 p.m. EDT

Despite rampant rumors and speculation that running back Fred Jackson’s absence from the Bills’ online roster and depth chart arises from the fact that he has been traded to the Chiefs as part of a package that will bring tight end Tony Gonzalez to Buffalo, Bills V.P. of Communications Scott Berchtold tells us that Jackson’s absence from the web site is the result of an internal error.

“Fred is very much a part of our team,” Berchtold said via e-mail.

Besides, why would the Chiefs want Jackson? They’ve got Larry Johnson, Kolby Smith, and Jamaal Charles at running back.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that the Bills won’t get Gonzalez. Still, we think his most likely destination is the Giants

JACKSON IS STILL A BILL

Despite rampant rumors and speculation that running back Fred Jackson’s absence from the Bills’ online roster and depth chart arises from the fact that he has been traded to the Chiefs as part of a package that will bring tight end Tony Gonzalez to Buffalo, Bills V.P. of Communications Scott Berchtold tells us that Jackson’s absence from the web site is the result of an internal error.

Besides, why would the Chiefs want Jackson? They’ve got Larry Johnson, Kolby Smith, and Jamaal Charles at running back.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that the Bills won’t get Gonzalez. Still, we think his most likely destination is the Giants

Well, of course a Bills' official isn't going to say anything until it is announced. That proves nothing!

:rolleyes: Just thought I'd throw that out there.

JACKSON IS STILL A BILL

That's the best thing I've had the privilege to read on the internet in a looong time.

Fred Jackson is not Michael Turner! If you are a 4-1 team with a MAJOR HOLE at a position that every playoff worthy team needs to have filled, and you have a chance to make a deal for a Hall of Fame player who still has a few productive years left (and you don't have to part with a 1st or 2nd round draft pick)...YOU MAKE THE DEAL!

JACKSON IS STILL A BILL

It could still be true. The deal probably wouldn't be approved by the league until Tuesday and so what he said could still be true but I'm still in the chain yank camp.

Fred Jackson is not Michael Turner! If you are a 4-1 team with a MAJOR HOLE at a position that every playoff worthy team needs to have filled, and you have a chance to make a deal for a Hall of Fame player who still has a few productive years left (and you don't have to part with a 1st or 2nd round draft pick)...YOU MAKE THE DEAL!

Tony Gonzalez could be, to this team, what James Lofton was to the great Bills teams of the late '80s and early 90's. That top flight veteran, who is nearing the end of his career, but is still very effective, to fill a major offensive hole.

FYI Fred Jackson is now listed on the bb.com roster once again while darien barnes has been removed.

Welcome back, Fred! And whoever got the phone call to fix it is cussing out those message-board fanbois something fierce right now, I'd guess.

:rolleyes:

P.S.: The depth chart is still wrong ...

Tony Gonzalez could be, to this team, what James Lofton was to the great Bills teams of the late '80s and early 90's. That top flight veteran, who is nearing the end of his career, but is still very effective, to fill a major offensive hole.

It is another wide open season in both the NFC and AFC. There isn't a dominant team, at least not at this point, that is head and shoulders above the rest as NE seemed to be last year.

Having said that, Buffalo is in position to be there when the dust settles. I'm all for giving Edwards another target, especially at the talent challenged tight end position. TG might not be 26, but he's certainly good enough. I'd rather not see Jackson go, but I think people are reading too much into depth chart thing.

I hope the front office, in concert with DJ, realize they have a chance to not only get into the playoffs, but succeed. Who knows where this team could be with TG in say, Week 15?

Well yeah but that team didnt have glaring weaknesses on the lines. That.... is the difference. We aren't close enough yet.

Well yeah but that team didnt have glaring weaknesses on the lines. That.... is the difference. We aren't close enough yet.

TG gets them a lot closer. And, while there is certainly room for improvement on the lines, there is talent on both sides of the line, now. One addition, on each line, would make a world of difference. When you are as close as the Bills are now, you don't wait, you go make it happen!

I defended the Bills for not making certain moves, in the past, when those moves wouldn't have resulted in any major impact, based on the overall roster. The roster, is by and large, sound. They are a few players, and some coaching/scheme adjustments, away from being a first-tier competitor in the NFL.

Maybe this move gets them to the playoffs (or even a win in the playoffs). The team needs to learn to win, and needs playoff experience, this is the way to help ensure that happens. A couple of smart offseason moves, and next year...DYNAMITE!

Time to crank this baby up!

Valid point, but I'm not sure I can name a team in the league that has no deficiencies. (Maybe the Giants, and if the Bills end up playing them later this season ... well, I could live with that.) The Pats are no longer the Pats*. Chargers and Colts are still pretty good, but on a different level than the rest of the conference? I'm not so sure.

Close enough to roll the dice, for the (alleged) price of a third-round pick, as was rumored earlier? I'd make that deal.

As of 11:20 pm, Jackson is back on the roster and depth chart, but Peters is still missing from depth chart. hmmm.

And why would this Bills official come out to tell us that Jackson has not been traded unless he had been reading this board? And if he was reading this board or had information about what was being said on this board, why wouldn't he also address the Peters depth chart problem?

As of 11:20 pm, Jackson is back on the roster and depth chart, but Peters is still missing from depth chart. hmmm.

And why would this Bills official come out to tell us that Jackson has not been traded unless he had been reading this board? And if he was reading this board or had information about what was being said on this board, why wouldn't he also address the Peters depth chart problem?

I think they're just playing games with us and laughing their balls off at the reaction it's getting.

Its not like he came out and released a statement out of nowhere. He was simply asked a question, and he answered it.

I think Mike Florio, of PFT, emailed him, and asked the question. Pretty simple, actually.

I think they're just playing games with us and laughing their balls off at the reaction it's getting.

It would be worth it-riling up a bunch of die-hard Bills fans. I know if I was in Brandon's or Berchtold's position, I'd get a chuckle out of that. It's bad enough leading up to the draft. Now we're trying to go CSI on this trade deadline too.

It would be worth it-riling up a bunch of die-hard Bills fans. I know if I was in Brandon's or Berchtold's position, I'd get a chuckle out of that. It's bad enough leading up to the draft. Now we're trying to go CSI on this trade deadline too.

:thumbsup::beer::lol:

It is amusing, but I am enjoying the speculation, tonight. It's a bye week, the trade is actually plausible (if not probable) and would go a long way to help the Bills offense. I real break from the usual trade-talk, here on The Wall.

So, to whoever the puppeteer is, who pulled our eager strings tonight: "Thanks! It was well played, and quite a lot of fun."

EDIT: And let me add, in the extremely unlikely event the mastermind of this little game is involved with the Bills: I hope our comments amused you, but also gave you food for thought. I hope you see that, we fans have some faith in you guys. We have been patient for many years, through many rebuilding processes, but now FINALLY, we can see it coming together. Don't let us down, if you have this opportunity. Go hard and get this sucker done! You will really have the fans' backing on this, as I think you can see.

I see him on the Bills roster and depth chart on the official site....

Calm down people

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/12/...s-still-a-bill/

Of course, this doesn’t mean that the Bills won’t get Gonzalez. Still, we think his most likely destination is the Giants.

Everyone is assuming the tech geek at OBD was working on a Sunday and was the first one alerted to "the trade". I think not.

Tech geek at OBD is not at OBD but a firm in Chicago which continues to make mistakes (i.e. wrong score in a Bills game) but still keeps contract.

Anybody can edit a Wiki site - I could edit a page to say Tom Brady signed as spokesman of Tucks Hemorrhoid Pads but it wouldn't make it true. It is a garbage speculation worthy of RealFootball365.com or www.profootballtalk.com already written off by Bills front office.