A Few Thoughts About The Game

Why?

I mean, I prefer if the #1 QB is in the game, and thinks it gives the Bills the best chance. But, why do you assume this team can't win with JP behind center? They certainly have won games in the past with him. My guess is, they won't beat SD if their defense plays the way it did today no matter who is at QB.

10-31, that is why Dean. The guy is not a good qb. I do not know why there are some people that just can not admit that. He is not a winning qb. How much more proof does anybody need. You could take one look at that game & realize he does not have command of the game & probably never will. Jesus Christ, how many times does he have to sh*t the bed before you guys turn the page on him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my thoughts, although they'll probably be deleted. Again.

44, the mods delete all threads created during the course of the game.

They have no compunction about throwing the baby out with the bath water, in this regard.

Despite being part of TBD from the Rochester D&C days, this is something that I learned only last year, and when I asked on the chat room --- which included many longtime posters --- no one knew this rule. So, it's not really publicized, and so, people start threads that get deleted, then get pi--ed that they were deleted b/c I don't think it's ever been stated out-and-out. It's not even in the Terms of Service.

So, you need to either post in the Game Day thread where any point you want to make gets buried in about 2 minutes, or wait until that final whistle.

Unlike you (and many others) I don't try to guess what was being said, and the circumstances surrounding what happened, and what may have occurred a few minutes later, when no camera was pointed at the Bills' sideline.

You, of all people, should know better than to put too much stock in a few snippets of what happens on camera (especially without the sound).

Good post. I also didn't think Turk was "ripping JP a new one" as much as others posted. Turk was pissed, but it wasn't over the top or anything.

Maybe I'm jaded from watching Jimbo Fisher and Rick Trickett go nuts on their offense at Florida State.

Deano, you know what concerned me the most about JP today? When he turned his back on Schonert (who was talking to him) and walked away. If he does this again, I am going to join these lunatics and call for Hamdan to be the number 2.

People, did anybody else see this? I saw it as plain as day.

I think that too many people are jumping on the bash JP bandwagon. This loss is squarely on the defense. They looked absolutely horrendous in all aspects. Bashing JP does nothing to address the problem with this loss. JP is the backup. He came in and looked like a backup. If he's cut tomorrow, quite honestly, it changes nothing that matters to this team's success this season. In many ways, I'd love to see him traded soon so that we at least get something before he walks after the season. I'm sure Chroise could have led our guys to just as bad a loss.

Problem is and was... defense. For 4 consecutive weeks we've allowed teams to come out and get the early lead. What is Fewell going to do about that? That's my question.

Why?

I mean, I prefer if the #1 QB is in the game, and thinks it gives the Bills the best chance. But, why do you assume this team can't win with JP behind center? They certainly have won games in the past with him. My guess is, they won't beat SD if their defense plays the way it did today no matter who is at QB.

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm button.

The D lost this game, and yet some guys still try to find a way to bash JP.

I have no problem admitting that Trent is a better QB. I wasn't impressed with him last year, but he won me over this season. I'm glad to see someone admit that Trent probably wouldn't have won the game either, with the way the coaching, defense and special teams played.

That being said I am tired of seeing posters pin the entire loss on JP when the defense couldn't get within spitting range of Warner and made two defensive stops all game long.

I am not pinning the loss on him. The defense sucked. But if you could seriously say after watching this game that Losman is a good qb I really do not know what to say to that.

as bad as that was, and as crap as our D is with 3 of our stating secondary out (whitner was out at one point) we would have had some kind of chance if jp sack and turn over machine losman wasn't playing.

he is so un clutch it is funny.

we need trent healthy and our D is only good if they stay fresh and we can run the ball and keep our O on the pitch.

let down game and we deserved to lose.

7) I agreed with Jauron on the non-challenge. Royal once again reminded us of why the Skins let him walk. We need a tight end folks.

11) Thanks Buffalo Bills, for 4 weeks of elation. Come on....can one person here deny being on top of the world during this streak? I for one believe that we will come back and defeat San Diego. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. GET WELL TRENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the ground caused the fumble. I was angry Jauron did not challenge, but it is only my opinion. I certainly agree we (REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY) need a tight end.

Better to be 4-1 then 1-4 anyday!

Get well, Trent, for sure. JP is a backup not a leader.

Go Bills!

I am glad this is our bye week.

Yeah Trent really processed the info fast on the play he was knocked out of the game. :thumbsup:

You're an idiot. Root for the team and not a player you think is cute.

Losman wasn't the reason we lost the game. The defense did that. But if you honestly think Losman is starting QB material, you are retarded.

10-31, that is why Dean. The guy is not a good qb. I do not know why there are some people that just can not admit that. He is not a winning qb. How much more proof does anybody need. You could take one look at that game & realize he does not have command of the game & probably never will. Jesus Christ, how many times does he have to sh*t the bed before you guys turn the page on him.

bull sh--, the ML fumble and the RR fumble were not JP's fault. After that they were playing catch up and facing huge pass rushes.

AND LETS NOT FORGET THAT THE DEFENSE SUCKED TODAY.

I am not pinning the loss on him. The defense sucked. But if you could seriously say after watching this game that Losman is a good qb I really do not know what to say to that.

Fair enough.

I thought that up to the Royal fumble, JP was playing a very solid game. The wheels came off after the Royal fumble, and at that point the Bills were forced into catch-up mode, and Arizona just teed off on JP and the offense.

I think he has a lot of talent, but needs a change of scenery and might become a serviceable QB under someone else's tutelage.

Peters kept the streak alive Bill. 4 games, 5 sacks. Despite relatively solid pass protection, I didn't see him do all that much when they ran left. That said, nether did Butler, Fowler, Dockery, etc. on any run play. The run blocking has been piss poor this season. That's why the QBs are getting hammered. No one even cares about the Bills ability to run the ball anymore.

BTW, I think Jackson hits the hole better than Marshawn. I love Beast Mode but he eyes the big play a bit much. I hope the coaches work with him on this. He needs to pop inside and grab 4 yards instead of looking for the outside so much. McGahee got into that habit when he was here and they never broke him of it.

I think we watch the same game. Jackson looks better in this blocking scheme, Peters had some stinkers and yes should be benched. We are rewarding poor play, and severely poor play.

Really, would we have had that much of a chance? When we were down 7, the D, let the team march up the field. Held them to a field goal which was then erased because of an offside which resulted in another TD. Very next play Royal fumbles and we're down 17 points and for intents and purposes the game is over. JP became Bad JP only after the game was pretty much decided. Even before his fumble, if he drove the team down the field and scored, do you think that the defence could have actually stopped Warner two more times for us to mount a comeback?

The D plan was terrible today, absolutely terrible. I'm no excusing JP's behaviour but the team should have known that with him behind center they had to play better because he's just not as good as Trent.

I think that too many people are jumping on the bash JP bandwagon. This loss is squarely on the defense. They looked absolutely horrendous in all aspects. Bashing JP does nothing to address the problem with this loss. JP is the backup. He came in and looked like a backup. If he's cut tomorrow, quite honestly, it changes nothing that matters to this team's success this season. In many ways, I'd love to see him traded soon so that we at least get something before he walks after the season. I'm sure Chroise could have led our guys to just as bad a loss.

Problem is and was... defense. For 4 consecutive weeks we've allowed teams to come out and get the early lead. What is Fewell going to do about that? That's my question.

Good post, What are you going to get for him though Dan??? They could not give him away in the offseason. Nobody wants him. I really do not understand why it is so tough for people to accept this.

It was clear to me today why JP is on the bench. Although he made some good plays, overall a pretty poor performance. He held on to the ball too long in the pocket and just didn't look comfortable out there. As soon as Edwards went down I was like 'here we go again..' And I'm wondering with the way the team played today if they didn't feel demoralized after TE went down also.

After JP's play today. the respect for TE in that huddle went up a notch. The OL knows that Trent will deliver and bail them out. JP repeatedly has shown a penchant for holding on to the ball too long and looking for Lee Evans. Was Turk held in check because of JP or vice versa...It is hard to tell.

If the Bills don't fumble the ball and throw those interceptions. then going into the 4th qtr the game could have been tied or just a score behind....something that the Bills have overcome.

Overall, a big whipping...Hope the Bills learned a good lesson going into the Bye...

And the most important of all.......Edwards please get well soon in the next two weeks....WE NEED YOU.

bull sh--, the ML fumble and the RR fumble were not JP's fault. After that they were playing catch up and facing huge pass rushes.

AND LETS NOT FORGET THAT THE DEFENSE SUCKED TODAY.

the lynch fumble was not jps fault, I never said it was. With that being said, the guy is just not a good qb.

:thumbsup: Yeah with the great play of the O-Line & Defense, Trent would have won the game today.

I think they would have played harder, and more focused. It certainly would have been a more enjoyable game ... for me, if Trent played more than a series. He produced our 1st first down of the game. What's not to love?

Good post, What are you going to get for him though Dan??? They could not give him away in the offseason. Nobody wants him. I really do not understand why it is so tough for people to accept this.

Nobody is going to give the Bills anything for JP, They know they can sign him in January. :thumbsup:

the lynch fumble was not jps fault, I never said it was. With that being said, the guy is just not a good qb.

Right, based on a game that the entire team got their asses handed to them.

That's fair, I guess.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::wallbash:

Nobody is going to give the Bills anything for JP, They know they can sign him in January. :thumbsup:

Ah whatever, nobody wants losman as a qb, & I think that is going to be pretty obvious this offseason.

He had a awful 4th quarter...there is no denying that but up to the Jenkins offsides he had us within 7....then the next drive Royal "fumbles" and were down by 3 scores with 13 minutes to go.....

If you blame Losman for this loss...then you simply werent paying attention....

The D sucked....

Jenkins cost us big....

Royal screwed us....or the refs...or Jauron for not challenging....

then JP's 4th quarter started.... down by 3 scores with 13min left...against an offense we couldnt stop....He preceeded to implode and the game which was out of reach became a laugher....

If the Bills don't fumble the ball and throw those interceptions. then going into the 4th qtr the game could have been tied or just a score behind....something that the Bills have overcome.

Two fumbles, only one interception.

Jesus Christ, how many times does he have to sh*t the bed before you guys turn the page on him.

I don't know, but there doesn't seem to be a lack of people willing to launder the sheets. Tho, you can still see the brown streaks where it didn't quite come out despite the bleach and OxyClean.

The argument has been that if JP had the current OL, and Fairchild was replaced (with a guy that has called some good games), then we'd be able to make an evaluation. Well, there you go. Same results.

It just doesn't occur to the JP fanboys that the infrequent long ball, tho nice when it works once every two games, combined with taking sack after sack, fumbles, and bad reads just isn't good enough. People will still line up to lick his ---- b/c they so desperately want that 1st round pick not to have been a waste. JP ain't a bad guy. I don't wish him ill. He's just not a good QB in the NFL.

Agreed. I doubt we could get anything for him. It seems no team is desperate enough at QB to make the trade. I was just suggesting that it wouldn't upset me at all to see them trade him. But, you're right, I can't see anyone trading for him.

YES.... why the 4 man rush ALL GAME?!!?! It was feckless, and they did not realize this all game. The run D was sound, the pass D was wholly ineffective. Pitiful D. Granted, the ST and the offense's turnovers exacerbated things, but let's be honest- the D did not step up when the team needed it to. I liked the energy at the beginning of the 2nd half, but it dissipated so quickly. Just frustrating. However, it's not the end of the world, need a W against SD in 2 weeks, boys!

No opportunity to throw Mitchell forward, which is what i thought he was signed from the Giants to do?

I don't know, but there doesn't seem to be a lack of people willing to launder the sheets. Tho, you can still see the brown streaks where it didn't quite come out despite the bleach and OxyClean.

The argument has been that if JP had the current OL, and Fairchild was replaced (with a guy that has called some good games), then we'd be able to make an evaluation. Well, there you go. Same results.

It just doesn't occur to the JP fanboys that the infrequent long ball, tho nice when it works once every two games, combined with taking sack after sack, fumbles, and bad reads just isn't good enough. People will still line up to lick his ---- b/c they so desperately want that 1st round pick not to have been a waste. JP ain't a bad guy. I don't wish him ill. He's just not a good QB in the NFL.

JP FANBOYS!!

Really, would we have had that much of a chance? When we were down 7, the D, let the team march up the field. Held them to a field goal which was then erased because of an offside which resulted in another TD. Very next play Royal fumbles and we're down 17 points and for intents and purposes the game is over. JP became Bad JP only after the game was pretty much decided. Even before his fumble, if he drove the team down the field and scored, do you think that the defence could have actually stopped Warner two more times for us to mount a comeback?

The D plan was terrible today, absolutely terrible. I'm no excusing JP's behaviour but the team should have known that with him behind center they had to play better because he's just not as good as Trent.

solid post - JP held them in the game and led some good drives over the first 3 quarters, coming off the bench with limited practice snaps........the bills defense took them out of the game because they couldn't get off the field on two 3rd and longs.........and that is when JP's play went downhill - which had more to do with the fact that the cards were pinning their ears back knowing the bills had to air it out down by 3 scores.......i put no stock in the 4th quarter of this game for anyone on the offensive side of the ball because the defense put them in a horrible situation

JP had us within a TDDDDDDDD midway thru the 3rd quarter.....

two plays killed us and neither had anything to do with JP

By the time he started taking sacks, fumbling, and throwing picks we were down by 3 scores....against an offense that couldnt be stopped......

Obviously you never saw Lonnie Johnson play... :wallbash:

That's Lonnie :thumbsup: Johnson.

:thumbsup: yep I saw it. Utter lack of class, and I've been a JP supporter since day one.

I was a huge JP supporter but that was classless. JP will make a couple of plays a game that will make your jaw drop and then the rest are mediocre or really stupid. The games he won are when he could do enough to not lose the game. Today I give him a BIG part of the blame for the loss.

I was a huge JP supporter but that was classless. JP will make a couple of plays a game that will make your jaw drop and then the rest are mediocre or really stupid. The games he won are when he could do enough to not lose the game. Today I give him a BIG part of the blame for the loss.

Ok name me one specific play before the Royal fumble that JP cost us with?? just one play??

No Pass rush, Turnovers and Inability to get off the field on 3rd down are the reasons why we lost this game.

I'm very concerned about our inability to rush the passer. Someone mentioned a stat that our D-Line has a total of 2 sacks in 5 games. That's terrible production. Schobel and Kelsay need to get their sh-- figure out.

Yeah, those 3rd downs were :thumbsup: ing painful today.

folks.

11) Thanks Buffalo Bills, for 4 weeks of elation. Come on....can one person here deny being on top of the world during this streak? I for one believe that we will come back and defeat San Diego. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. GET WELL TRENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cards aren't a bad team. We didn't play well, its a long season we'll have some more fun. Don't get too down.

Yeah Trent really processed the info fast on the play he was knocked out of the game. :thumbsup:

You mean the play where he saw the blitzer and threw for a completion directly where he came from? You mean that play where he threw the perfectly placed ball because he saw the untouched guy coming? You mean that play?

Hahahahaha. Thanks for the cheering up maroon.

Good post. I also didn't think Turk was "ripping JP a new one" as much as others posted. Turk was pissed, but it wasn't over the top or anything.

Maybe I'm jaded from watching Jimbo Fisher and Rick Trickett go nuts on their offense at Florida State.

If it's the situation I saw, Turk was yelling at JP. JP responded, and Turk continued. Turk had a few more things to say as JP was walking away. As I am not psychic, I didn't make any sort of judgment about this. Turk may have just told him to go sit down, and then barked a few more pieces of advice, of instruction. JP may have thought the berating was over, and Turk had another thing or two to say.

If Turk walked over and grabbed JP and make it seem like he was insulted by JP's behavior, then I may have given it a second thought. As it way, I think you guys are reading what you want into the situation. Let it go. Watch Rashomon and get back to me.