Why does Solomon Wolcots have a job?

todd

He provides more genuine insight than any other commentator on any other network that carries the NFL.

Bar none.

Just because he doesn't sound like you doesn't mean he can't speak.

Frankly, I think he's pretty damned eloquent for a former NFL player.

He provides more genuine insight than any other commentator on any other network that carries the NFL.

Bar none.

+1

he sounds a little funny on some words, so do ditka, jimmy johnson, bradshaw all the time, and even jim kelly.

solomon very rarely misses things, like the fumble on the looker hit that the refs missed (!) he caught. and he provides analysis of coverages, lineplay, and routs.

compare that to fouts, who sounds smart speaking, but misses everything and even gets down and distance wrong, and you can see why i'll take wiltcots anytime.

Bar none.

I know what you mean, it's must be really frussrating for him to have people not beweeve in him.

+1

he sounds a little funny on some words, so do ditka, jimmy johnson, bradshaw all the time, and even jim kelly.

solomon very rarely misses things, like the fumble on the looker hit that the refs missed (!) he caught. and he provides analysis of coverages, lineplay, and routs.

compare that to fouts, who sounds smart speaking, but misses everything and even gets down and distance wrong, and you can see why i'll take wiltcots anytime.

Jim Kelly sounds like William F. Buckley.

I know what you mean, it's must be really frussrating for him to have people not beweeve in him.

I get the sense he's smart enough not to care.

+1

Dicka and Kelly both sound like Pixburghers.

Wilcots is a Southerner and sounds like Bradshaw except smarter.

And they all probably think Buffalonians sound like stupid Canadians.

So let's keep crying about an excellent colorman in Wilcots and with any luck they'll replace him with some moronic pinhead like Collinsworth because he taalks leek yu. :sick:

And that's not a shot at you Colin, that's a royal "yu" intended for the other amazingly mellifluous orators populating this thread.

Before Solomon Wilcott's commentary today, I had no idea what a 7 route was.

His elocution sucks, but I like his insights.

4 real.

compare him to oberman, who speaks well but if he ever finds himself withing 30 feet of me will find a size 13.5 allen edmonds in his face and ass.

He's also pretty upbeat if that's your thing. No problem for me.

Wolcot's OK and his coverage today was above average. Other people have been mentioned in this post whose verbal communication skills are much worse. Someone who has not been mentioned is Shannon Sharpe. I cannot understand half the things he says and he talks like he has a co@% in his mouth.

4 real.

compare him to oberman, who speaks well but if he ever finds himself withing 30 feet of me will find a size 13.5 allen edmonds in his face and ass.

Solomon did a great job breaking down what Hardy was doing wrong on his dropped passes. Really pointed out how his inexperience was hurting him.

He's good in my books. Better than that moron FOUTS.

Honestly there are some that are a lot worse then he is.....

if you are going to try and defend Wilcots by claiming "there are some that are a lot worse then he is", you should at least try to use the correct word ("than")....otherwise, since Wilcots is pretty bad, you are setting the bar low with your comment... :rolleyes:

He can't speak, can't pronounce words correctly, uses wrong tenses, and doesn't diagnose plays correctly, etc. WTF?

Solomon was fine - thought his insight was on point and he was very complimentary of the Bills - I think he is just fine. People have different accents - I think his diction is fine - I understood everything he said.

He can't speak, can't pronounce words correctly, uses wrong tenses, and doesn't diagnose plays correctly, etc. WTF?

Its a lot easier to take when the Bills are winning, when they are losing and he is doing his thing it gets

me mad..today he wasn't horrible...he does have good analysis..just horrible english skills.

I actually blame the networks for selecting on air personalities, if they really want these lower level guys on the

air they should coach them on speaking..It wouldn't fly with guys like Sharpe whom has on field credentials but

sounds (and looks a bit like) Mr. Ed with his face in a bucket of oats..the newer guys that weren't superstars

should be coached before they are put in front of millions of people on TV.

I like Solomon, but if you were playing a drinking game where you had to take a drink every time he said '2nd level', then you were definitely schitfaced by the end of the game.

excellent! my 13 year old son mentioned that after sw double 'second leveled' in the same sentence. i counted about 15 references to second level, which is apparently differnet than second base, though both are good.

i think he's pretty effective both on sirius and at game time. my only beef was him talking up the potential upset when it was 14-6 in the first half.

you are joking. right? I'll have whatever you are smoking...there is a damn good reason why Cross is on the A team for CBS

Randy Cross is a true idiot, and has been for over a decade. The one positive thing I can say is that he has a firm grasp of the obvious, which is better than the opposite.

So let's keep crying about an excellent colorman in Wilcots and with any luck they'll replace him with some moronic pinhead like Collinsworth because he taalks leek yu. ;)

And that's not a shot at you Colin, that's a royal "yu" intended for the other amazingly mellifluous orators populating this thread.

I'm Barack Obama and I disapprove this message.

He seems like a nice guy and does a good job of explaining the game for beginners. That does not outweigh the fact that his tangled elocution, poor grammer and pronunciation make him undesirable to listen to.

He is better than dieon sanders, who said the players were going to meet at half court to flip the coin. He described a player as "He a high motor. Thats the thing that a lot of teams desire..."

Before Solomon Wilcott's commentary today, I had no idea what a 7 route was.

His elocution sucks, but I like his insights.

You haven't seen much NFL then. It's Holt's bread and butter and has been since he was drafted by the Rams. It's also called the square in/out.

Ok, since nobody has dissed Tasker yet, I thought I'd gratuitously slam him here. ;)

Geez, people hate for no reason; it has to be deep down jealously.

You haven't seen much NFL then. It's Holt's bread and butter and has been since he was drafted by the Rams. It's also called the square in/out.

Ok, since nobody has dissed Tasker yet, I thought I'd gratuitously slam him here. ;)

Geez, people hate for no reason; it has to be deep down jealously.

Well I don't know. To me, these guys are being paid big $$$$ to speak English during a football game on TV and Solomon (less the biblical wisdom) is screwing up about 25% of the 26 letter alphabet. If he sounds stupid, he IS stupid in my book. Tren Etwarts my ass.

I've changed my view of Solomon. I used to get hung up on his pronunciation of certain words, but if you examine the content, he's actually pretty darn good at analyzing and explaining the game.

It's his pronunciation of our beloved "Bills" thats drives me nuts. Somehow he manages to make it a 2 syllable word without any L's. Bee-oohs. Ugghhhh!

Agree with others here...it could be worse. Be careful what you wish for.

I agree with you to a point. His defensive play breakdowns are good. His offensive play breakdowns - especially line play and TE play is horrible.

Bar none.