Peter King Predictions for the weekend

Yeah, cause they've proven that they're just that overwhelmingly good.

The heat in Jax alone makes us an underdog.

Agreed. This will be a stern test for the O-line, particularly if Peters plays (I'm not convinced he's in game shape yet).

The D and ST will have to put points on the board as it's never easy to beat a team in their home opener in 90 degree heat....

Jacksonville is dangerous.

I know you're thinking that the Jags are just gonna lay down because they are missing some o-lineman. I'll bet you're also thinking that the Pats are gonna suck because Tom Brady is hurt. I'll bet last year you were saying that Tom Brady is overrated because anyone can throw to those weapons.

Think hard. Search your feelings..you know this to be true.

Bottom line is that you can't take a Super Bowl contender one week and then discount them the next because they are missing some guys. The Jags have proven something lately.....we have not. Don't underestimate them or overestimate the Bills.

31-0 in 2003's home opener ring any bells for you?

I know you're thinking that the Jags are just gonna lay down because they are missing some o-lineman. I'll bet you're also thinking that the Pats are gonna suck because Tom Brady is hurt. I'll bet last year you were saying that Tom Brady is overrated because anyone can throw to those weapons.

Bottom line is that you can't take a Super Bowl contender one week and then discount them the next because they are missing some guys. The Jags have proven something lately.....we have not. Don't underestimate them or overestimate the Bills.

Last year is last year. Both the Bills and Jags are different teams. The Jags were superbowl contenders before anybody even saw them play a game. This season, the Bills look to have taken a step forward, whereas the Jags seem to have regressed slightly. Jax failed to adequately address their glaring need for receiving talent(Jerry Porter is not a fix and he can't even stay healthy) and they lost the core of their offensive line to the injury bug.

I'm not saying the Bills will win in a blowout, it's common knowledge that the Jax D is tough. We may have some problems getting the offense into a solid rhythm. But, it is a commonly held perception that games are won and lost in the trenches, along the offensive and defensive line. In this battle we win hands down, even if Peters doesn't play.

I billieve Jax will have a tough time running the ball against our front four with the injuries they've sustained and have a lot of trouble protecting Garrard, which will be a big help to our DBs(who, in my opinion, already overmatch the Jaguars' receiving corps).

My call is a fairly tight one: BUF 24 -JAX 17

Last year is last year. Both the Bills and Jags are different teams. The Jags were superbowl contenders before anybody even saw them play a game. This season, the Bills look to have taken a step forward, whereas the Jags seem to have regressed slightly. Jax failed to adequately address their glaring need for receiving talent(Jerry Porter is not a fix and he can't even stay healthy) and they lost the core of their offensive line to the injury bug.

But you only have 1 game to go on. I'm a firm believer in waiting after at least 3-4 games before we have a good assessment of any team. Remember, they did beat a banged-up Seattle team at home.

This game is a test. Jacksonville is still a physical team and while I agree with King that it couldn't have been a fun week in Jags practice, I don't think we're seeing a 30-16 game. I see a tight, low-scoring game...like a 17-13 or 20-17 final.

The D-bags Trey Wingo and Schlereth picked the Jags no contest on Cowherd today. Then the very next pick they both agreed that the Jets were beating New England handily. I swear these people are on crack sometimes.

At least John Clayton thinks we have a legit shot. Today on WGR he said that the Jags were in trouble.

I don't see the Jags putting 30 points on the board against this Bills defense, particularly with the Jags O-Line in such bad shape. If the Bills lose I think it will be more like 20-17.

Like our team this year. But our O makes me nervous - still. We can't spot this team 7 possessions and expect to come out ahead.

They have a killer running game. Our big guys on the O-line could wilt in the heat. Our WRs need to step up. Edwards needs to get the "cobwebs out" *before* the game. Or he's gonna be getting foggy during the game.

I think our D is gonna be the difference maker. But our O can't lose it for us. Our O-line is huge and their Dline is fast and in better condition for that heat. That's an almost even match up.

Special teams can kill them too - but they have to be in condition to beat the heat.

But you only have 1 game to go on. I'm a firm believer in waiting after at least 3-4 games before we have a good assessment of any team. Remember, they did beat a banged-up Seattle team at home.

This game is a test. Jacksonville is still a physical team and while I agree with King that it couldn't have been a fun week in Jags practice, I don't think we're seeing a 30-16 game. I see a tight, low-scoring game...like a 17-13 or 20-17 final.

I also agree that to be really accurate with analysis and predictions, we need at least 3 weeks of action to review. I am simply making the best analysis I can based on the info I have.

But as far as Senor King, where he got the idea that the Jags are that much better than the Bills baffles me. As you said, there is only 1 week of data to go on. In that 1 week, what did JAX do to show that they are 2-touchdown favorites over our Bills? If I recall correctly, they gained 189 yards(only 33 of which were rushing) and surrendered 309 yards(137 of which were rushing). The Bills D is just as solid as(if not better than) the Titans', and the running game is most definitely better that the Titans'.

Where in those stats do you see a 14 point loss and giving up 30?

Totally agree. The Bills are in no position to overlook anyone. They are a promising team and I expect good things from Buffalo this year, but they are in no position to overlook ANY opponent. The Bills can beat any team they properly prepare for, but can lose to any team they don't. Gotta play the games.

I do not believe Jacksonville can score on us with that beat up line. Now their D may be tough, but they'll have zero offense. Just look at how bad their running & passing games were last week against Tennessee. This will be a low scoring game. Bills (win outright)/under.

King must be on drugs. No way possible we are going to lose to a team decimated by injuries.

http://fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/peter_king

:thumbsup:

That is stupid. He says nothing about Jags injuries nor Bills impressive debut. He has Bills losing by 14 points, the 2nd largest margin this week. Guy is obviously confused, in the Hawks - 9ers game he says "See above. Substitute "Mike Holmgren'' for "Jack Del Rio." He's referring to his comments on Bills-Jags, only problem it's below not above in his table!

14 points is now a mile?

there are a lot of Bills fans that need a reality check if they think this game is a gimme

I don't billieve anybody said it is a gimme. We all just feel the Bills just deserve more credit than they have received from some media outlets, including Peter King.

I don't think any reasonable folks have called this game a "gimme" for the Bills. Myself, I believe the the Bills have a distinct edge in two of the three phases -- special teams (obviously) and their D vs. the Jags' O. I'll give the Jags' D a slight edge over Buffalo's O because we still don't quite know what to expect out of Schonert, and we know J-ville is physical.

I refuse to believe you can lose the entire middle of your OL and expect your offense will perform at a high level. That's what looks like a huge mismatch on paper, and that's why I'd take Buffalo and the points in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry, guys, I've tried to be as pessimistic and scared about this game as I can, and I just don't see an easy J-ville win.

I expect this game to be a field position battle with both teams struggling to move the ball. I look for Buffalo to come out very conservatively on Offense, trying to grind out yards and wear down Jax's D, while limiting mistakes. Jax's make shift O=line will struggle, while ours will wear down Jax's D line allowing us to run the ball more effectively in the 2nd half. Prediction Bills 23 Jax 10.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done!

I expect this game to be a field position battle with both teams struggling to move the ball. I look for Buffalo to come out very conservatively on Offense, trying to grind out yards and wear down Jax's D, while limiting mistakes. Jax's make shift O=line will struggle, while ours will wear down Jax's D line allowing us to run the ball more effectively in the 2nd half. Prediction Bills 23 Jax 10.

So shall it be written, so shall it be done!

That does not appear to be Turk's M.O. Even in the rain at RWS Sunday, against a top notch defense, he had Trent throwing from the outset. You're still thinking about the Fairchild offense.

That does not appear to be Turk's M.O. Even in the rain at RWS Sunday, against a top notch defense, he had Trent throwing from the outset. You're still thinking about the Fairchild offense.

My thinking is based more on how this game sets up, as opposed to the difference in our coordinaters. IMO the Bills should be able to limit Jax offensively, due to the strength of our D and the issues that they have on their O-line and IMO suspect WR's. Offensively I expect us to stay conservative and try to establish the run game, while not putting Jax's D in a position to put points on the board.

My thinking is based more on how this game sets up, as opposed to the difference in our coordinaters. IMO the Bills should be able to limit Jax offensively, due to the strength of our D and the issues that they have on their O-line and IMO suspect WR's. Offensively I expect us to stay conservative and try to establish the run game, while not putting Jax's D in a position to put points on the board.

I understand, but disagree. I believe the mentality of this year's team is attack -- both offensively and defensively.

I also agree that to be really accurate with analysis and predictions, we need at least 3 weeks of action to review. I am simply making the best analysis I can based on the info I have.

But as far as Senor King, where he got the idea that the Jags are that much better than the Bills baffles me. As you said, there is only 1 week of data to go on. In that 1 week, what did JAX do to show that they are 2-touchdown favorites over our Bills? If I recall correctly, they gained 189 yards(only 33 of which were rushing) and surrendered 309 yards(137 of which were rushing). The Bills D is just as solid as(if not better than) the Titans', and the running game is most definitely better that the Titans'.

Where in those stats do you see a 14 point loss and giving up 30?

I think King and other "experts" are probably over-thinking things. They still seem to be using their pre-season analysis, possibly thinking that the Jags had one bad game and that they're really better than they showed at Tennessee, despite the OL injuries.

However, that's like saying your car will run just fine, even though the serpentine belt broke before you had 1,000 miles on it.

I understand, but disagree. I believe the mentality of this year's team is attack -- both offensively and defensively.

One game (plus preseason) does not a season make. EVERYTHING (well, not everything, but I've been saying it all week so it must be so) points to this being a game where our offense practices patience. If we get stupid we'll get beat.

I'm glad the Bills are being overlooked this week because I don't think that's going to be an issue for most of the year.

I don't think this is going to be an easy win by any means but do belive we will win a close one.

Who gives a crap what the talking heads think, I hope they keep underestimating us the rest of the season but if the Bills beat Jax, they will all be jumping on the bandwagon unless Lord Favre helps the Jets spank NE. If that happens, the Bills could find a cure for cancer in Jacksonville Stadium and all we would here about would be the Jets going to the Superbowl.

RTB

I'm glad the Bills are being overlooked this week because I don't think that's going to be an issue for most of the year.

I don't think this is going to be an easy win by any means but do belive we will win a close one.

Who gives a crap what the talking heads think, I hope they keep underestimating us the rest of the season but if the Bills beat Jax, they will all be jumping on the bandwagon unless Lord Favre helps the Jets spank NE. If that happens, the Bills could find a cure for cancer in Jacksonville Stadium and all we would here about would be the Jets going to the Superbowl.

RTB

Just the same, if New England* wins, they will be all we'll hear about.