Peters will report Saturday

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So peters owes about 400-500K to the Bills in fines. Anyone know how much Peters owes Mickey for the knob gobbling he's been giving him?

If I ever get his email address, I am going to send all those posts, the nasty responses and this one! Maybe he will slide me some coin.

I emailed Chris Brown last week on the Peters situation and he answered today at 3:24 saying:

"They've agreed to discuss a new contract, but I doubt he'll get any new money this year. More likely next year. Lee Evans is the focus."

I think he reported the Shefter story on his blog about an hour before then so I guess Shefter scooped him but still, in the middle of what had to be a busy Friday afternoon I appreciate the response.

Hmmm....."They've agreed to discuss a new contract..." sounds to me like until recently, (monday apparently), there was no agreement to even "discuss a new contract.." Now where have I heard that before?

As predicted by some, he took a stab at a hold out because it costs him zero, reported in time to avoid missing a game check. Peters loss? = maybe he pays some fines, maybe not. Team loss? = Peters' services until DJ thinks he is ready to go. Any truth to the rumor that Edwards just canceled the huge life insurance policy he took out last week?

if we lock up evans this year, peters next, and make the playoffs i will be putting large money on the bills to win the bowl over the next 2 seasons.

young triplets + a line + other young guys on O + speed all over the D? oh, and special teams. that is a winner kids!

I emailed Chris Brown last week on the Peters situation and he answered today at 3:24 saying:

"They've agreed to discuss a new contract, but I doubt he'll get any new money this year. More likely next year. Lee Evans is the focus."

I think he reported the Shefter story on his blog about an hour before then so I guess Shefter scooped him but still, in the middle of what had to be a busy Friday afternoon I appreciate the response.

Hmmm....."They've agreed to discuss a new contract..." sounds to me like until recently, (monday apparently), there was no agreement to even "discuss a new contract.." Now where have I heard that before?

As predicted by some, he took a stab at a hold out because it costs him zero, reported in time to avoid missing a game check. Peters loss? = maybe he pays some fines, maybe not. Team loss? = Peters' services until DJ thinks he is ready to go. Any truth to the rumor that Edwards just canceled the huge life insurance policy he took out last week?

Think how elated most people here are to hear this news... Imagine how giddy Edwards was today when he got the call. Lets hope they have the proper game plan for sunday so Edwards can make it to Jacksonville.

Fine, but Brandon won big too. He definitely proved he couldn't be pushed around. Your post suggests the Bills gave something here, and as I see it, they didn't give an inch. New GMs get tested. Peters/Parker (Spiderman?) tested Brandon and lost. Crowell tested Brandon and lost. Hopefully players will stop testing him now. Good precedent by the Front Office was set IMO.

In the end, I think you are right, Brandon didn't "cave" but at the same time, Peters hasn't "lost" diddly. He will get his game checks, the fines, none of which he has yet paid, will likley be waived. So what did Peters lose by giving the hold out a shot? If Brandon had moved, he would have gained millions, as it is, he lost zip.

A gamble where you have everything to gain and nothing to lose is a gamble worth taking. On top of that, I rather think he has laid the ground work nicely for a new deal next year. The team will have the same cards and could stiff him again. However, count the posts hereabouts where people said he should play "one more year" on this deal and the team should definitly reward him with the big bucks next year. If he is a pro bowler, again, even the cantankerous but lovable Senator will clamor for the team to give him a new deal.

Brandon didn't lose but neither did Peters. What this all cost is Peters' services for game one, maybe game two and that was his leverage all along.

Think how elated most people here are to hear this news... Imagine how giddy Edwards was today when he got the call. Lets hope they have the proper game plan for sunday so Edwards can make it to Jacksonville.

I think the Game Plan is to "Lynch" the Seahawks. Lots and lots of the Beast.

Hah - 'barring injury' - love the caveat.

So if fat boy rips up his groin again in the first few weeks because he's been sittin' on his ass eatin' barbecue since last December, I guess you're off the hook!

I only meant an unrelated injury that would prevent him from getting paid. If he re-injures his groin in the first few games you would win.

if we lock up evans this year, peters next, and make the playoffs i will be putting large money on the bills to win the bowl over the next 2 seasons.

How are you going to lock them up? Peters was already under contract and you see how well that went

WTF are you talking about? I swear this has to be the most delusional otherworldly response ever. The Bills never, ever said that they would not discuss a new contract. What they said was, come in to camp and we'll talk about a new deal, but you have to play this season under the current contract. Really, you don't have to go far to find that confirmation from Brandon's quotes.

The only thing this did, if KtD is correct is maybe gained Peters a bigger deal for next year. But I doubt that. If he plays lights out this year, he would have been the highest paid OL in the league by this time next year no matter what.

WTF are you talking about? I swear this has to be the most delusional otherworldly response ever. The Bills never, ever said that they would not discuss a new contract. What they said was, come in to camp and we'll talk about a new deal, but you have to play this season under the current contract. Really, you don't have to go far to find that confirmation from Brandon's quotes.

The only thing this did, if KtD is correct is maybe gained Peters a bigger deal for next year. But I doubt that. If he plays lights out this year, he would have been the highest paid OL in the league by this time next year no matter what.

spin spin spin til i look like less of a jackass....

In the end, I think you are right, Brandon didn't "cave" but at the same time, Peters hasn't "lost" diddly. He will get his game checks, the fines, none of which he has yet paid, will likley be waived. So what did Peters lose by giving the hold out a shot? If Brandon had moved, he would have gained millions, as it is, he lost zip.

A gamble where you have everything to gain and nothing to lose is a gamble worth taking. On top of that, I rather think he has laid the ground work nicely for a new deal next year. The team will have the same cards and could stiff him again. However, count the posts hereabouts where people said he should play "one more year" on this deal and the team should definitly reward him with the big bucks next year. If he is a pro bowler, again, even the cantankerous but lovable Senator will clamor for the team to give him a new deal.

Brandon didn't lose but neither did Peters. What this all cost is Peters' services for game one, maybe game two and that was his leverage all along.

The point is that he has to play one more year under his current deal just as well as he played last year...in other words, if he is to be paid like one of the 2-3 best linemen in the league, he must play like one of the best linemen in the league.

From his perspective, an awful lot is hinging on his level of play this year. If it were you, would you want every chance you can get to know the new playbook like the back of your hand, be in the best shape you'v ever been in your life, have the maximum amount of chemistry with your teammates you could possibly have, and take reps in the preseason to shake off the offseason rust...or would you want to avoid as much as speaking to your offensive coordinator until a day before the opener, having not lined up and taken a snap for about 10 months?

Can Peters overcome these things? Yeah, he's a great athlete, and he's capable of it. But he's made things harder for himself than they needed to be, and he's gained little to nothing from it. Lets see if he comes out and earns the big bucks he's been after.

They would not discuss a new deal for this year and it has been widely reported. Where have you been?

As for next year, the team would hold the exact same cards they have this year, minus one year. They would still "own his a..." as so many of the Peters haters have said. Why would they have to pay him then anymore than they did this year? He would still be a pro bowler just as he is this year.

That may have been what Parker was thinking would be the worst case scneario, hold out doesn't work, he reports in time to save his game checks, fines get waived and they lay the ground work to make it very hard for the team to screw him over next year if he continues to perform. I think I posted that very notion:

As has been pointed out many times, this hold out is costing Peters nothing. He may report in time to avoid losing any game pay and what he will accomplish is setting the table for next year. The team will know he is serious, will not want to go through repeat of this next year.Link