I bet the kool aid drinkers and Losman haters...

1billsfan

...sure enjoyed last nights game. :thumbsup:

Excuse #1..."Hey, it's just preseason. Edwards and the other Bills starters are just pretending to be bad."

Last night I saw a head coach who's still clueless, a starting QB who still has a weak arm and won't throw the ball deep and offensive and defensive lines that are really really bad.

And if you have a problem with my negativity, then as Mr. Barnes would say...I couldn't care any less.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse #1..."Hey, it's just preseason. Edwards and the other Bills starters are just pretending to be bad."

Last night I saw a head coach who's still clueless, a starting QB who still has a weak arm and won't throw the ball deep and offensive and defensive lines that are really really bad.

And if you have a problem with my negativity, then as Mr. Barnes would say...I couldn't care any less.

That's not true. If you truly could care less, you never would have posted in the first place.

But you do.

I know we're not supposed to call people names here, so I won't. But I will say that your opinion is really effing stupid.

That's not true. If you truly could care less, you never would have posted in the first place.

But you do.

Sorry but I couldn't care less. The mob here got a dose of reality last night and now they have to start dealing with it. It's ok to talk frankly about our "flawed" team. It's actually a healthy thing to do.

Sorry but I couldn't care less. The mob here got a dose of reality last night and now they have to start dealing with it. It's ok to talk frankly about our "flawed" team. It's actually a healthy thing to do.

Was I happy with the way the first team offense looked last night? Of course not. Am I worried about it? Hell no it's the first fuggin preseason game. When week 1 comes and ya know it actually matters, then I will be concerned with a performance like that. Get a grip.

I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker, but...

Talking about a QB who "won't throw the ball deep," you don't mention that the alternative is a QB whose only trick is to throw the ball deep (and by the camp reports I've read, he's still in this sole mindset), and who gets sacked a good deal waiting for his receivers to get deep/separation. It's nice when it works and it'll get you a lot of oohs and aahs, but when you live by the deep ball, you die by the deep ball (or, the lack of it once you face teams with talent at CB). In itself, it is not a winning phenomenon in the NFL. I don't know about Edwards... we're gonna see what he's got and there's probably going to be a few minor bumps in the road. But I know enough about JP, even tho he may have gotten a raw deal with MM, that's not something for which we need to spend another season to be "fair" to him, whatever that means in the league of Not For Long. He's a great option as a reliever, but you need consistency in a starter.

Should we follow you to the office on Monday morning and criticize how slow you are to file those papers... and, Christ, what about all those coffeebreaks!?! Maybe your company should hire a real professional like Tim the intern who may not have sh-- for know-how, but he sure has a lot of pep.

Way to treat Edwards the same way you lament that Losman was treated a few years ago.

Losman did look better than Edwards yesterday. And Edwards looked better than JP in the 2007 pre-season. Maybe both our QB's suck?

PTR

For some reason I like the Edwards-Fred Jackson combo better than the Edwards-Lynch combo. Not sure why? Things seem to flow better for Trent when Freddie is out there. Our run blocking had better improve or else Trent will be in too many obvious passing situations. No QB is successful when that happens. Last night, JP looked more relaxed than Trent. Probably has to do with the backup never feeling the intense pressure of being #1 and getting more vanilla defense from 2nd & 3rd stringers. Last preseason Edwards looked better in the same situation.

Edwards faces the Skins A-Game, JP faced the B- or C-game. Should be self-explanatory. No reason to worry in the preseason. If we play that way in the regular season, I'll be right there along with you. But there's no need to have a stroke in the preseason, let alone the first game.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you could care less. Matter of fact, you could hardly care more which is why your making an a$$ of yourself.

I'm not a Kool-Aid drinker, but...

Talking about a QB who "won't throw the ball deep," you don't mention that the alternative is a QB whose only trick is to throw the ball deep (and by the camp reports I've read, he's still in this sole mindset), and who gets sacked a good deal waiting for his receivers to get deep/separation. It's nice when it works and it'll get you a lot of oohs and aahs, but when you live by the deep ball, you die by the deep ball (or, the lack of it once you face teams with talent at CB). In itself, it is not a winning phenomenon in the NFL. I don't know about Edwards... we're gonna see what he's got and there's probably going to be a few minor bumps in the road. But I know enough about JP, even tho he may have gotten a raw deal with MM, that's not something for which we need to spend another season to be "fair" to him, whatever that means in the league of Not For Long. He's a great option as a reliever, but you need consistency in a starter.

Should we follow you to the office on Monday morning and criticize how slow you are to file those papers... and, Christ, what about all those coffeebreaks!?! Maybe your company should hire a real professional like Tim the intern who may not have sh-- for know-how, but he sure has a lot of pep.

Way to treat Edwards the same way you lament that Losman was treated a few years ago.

Anyone who thought Losman held the ball too long on the sack simply didn't watch the play/replay close. Two receivers he looked at got blocked and confused and werent even looking at him. The third guy looked for the ball after Losman had already been sacked. Fred Jackson flared out but was completely behind JP and there was a LB just waiting for him. Of four receivers on the play there were zero options, even to throw it away. Not to mention the rush was very fast.

He did throw a couple lousy passes though. The high INC to Parrish and the low completion that Parrish had to reach for. The deep one to Parrish was the ONLY place that ball could have been thrown as he was not open at all. It may have been lucky and probably was. 4-5 short passes and the screen were very good passes.

I am one who doesnt put much stock in preseason games.

Edwards didn't even play an entire quarter and attempted only 5 passes.......................

and I bet you were happy to see your starting QB struggle. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

Edwards didn't even play an entire quarter and attempted only 5 passes.......................

That is the thing that stands out the most to me. I didn't expect the first unit to come out and light it up. I just don't understand why Jauron won't give this very young, starting unit, more playing time. He did the same thing last pre-season. If it is to avoid injuries, last year is proof that you can't avoid injuries, no matter how much you try. Edwards needs more time, particularly in a new offense, and an unsettled offensive line. From what I understand he (TE) didn't play in the rookie scrimmage either (other second year guys did)...that might be the one situation where the Bills play with contact, and Edwards couldn't have risked getting hit in his red jersey.

The Redskins came out ready to hit, in their second preseason game, from the opening kickoff...the Bills look timid. Is this why the Bills get off to these slow starts every year...they just don't practice hard enough? I have heard NFL observer comment a few times about the Bills training camp consisting of more "standing around" than other camps.

Oh well, honestly, while Edwards didn't do much, JP didn't look spectacular either. Theisman (doing the Redskins broadcast) commented that JP, even in warm ups, looks to throw the ball too high most of the time. He did that a few times last night. Even if guys catch the ball, they don't have much of a chance of getting any yardage after the catch.

I expect the Bills first unit will look a little better next week...

That is the thing that stands out the most to me. I didn't expect the first unit to come out and light it up. I just don't understand why Jauron won't give this very young, starting unit, more playing time.

100% agreement. This isn't an established unit that picks up where it left off. They had probably decided before the game that the first unit gets 2 series. I disagree with that thinking, but when we recovered the ball on the opening KO and had a short field at the very least they should have given them one more go at it.