Worst Phrase Ever

billfan63

I understand that but certain things in life are very black and white but many people are too !@#$ing stupid to realize that and they want to B word (yes, we are a country of whiners) about it. So instead of spending my percious time explaining it (because, once again, they're too !@#$ing stupid to understand it anyway) my response is: it is what it is and sitting here bitching and whining about it is just wasting my time (I say and their time too, but I don't really give a !@#$ about their time) so let's move on to more important issues.........like my fee. :blink:

I actually have sympathy here because I understand where you're coming from. The thing with clients in the financial world is that unlike in other retail endeavors there are losses. Sometimes these losses are painful. The thing is, they signed an agreement saying they understand the risks and are willing to invest (or trade like maniacs) anyway. Then they come up with suggestions that aren't feasible. So it goes like this:

Client: Let's just buy T-bills that pay 10%.

You: You can't there aren't any.

Client: Why not?

You: (sigh) Because that's the way the debt market works. Money is cheaper now that when you had your first passbook.

Client: Really?

You: Yes.

Client: That sucks.

You: It is what it is.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that but certain things in life are very black and white but many people are too !@#$ing stupid to realize that and they want to B word (yes, we are a country of whiners) about it. So instead of spending my percious time explaining it (because, once again, they're too !@#$ing stupid to understand it anyway) my response is: it is what it is and sitting here bitching and whining about it is just wasting my time (I say and their time too, but I don't really give a !@#$ about their time) so let's move on to more important issues.........like my fee. :blink:

In those situations, I prefer a phrase I try not to overuse: Never mind the storms at sea. Let's get the ship in.

most perfect

years young

IMHO

OK, if hot water heater is bad, is cold water heater OK?

I know it is none of my business, but... (then STFU)

red state, blue state

you wish

six pack abs

unless I see you first

smell you later!

you don't look like you have MS

that one drives me nuts as well, way over used in the workplace...add to that anytime anyone uses "bandwidth" to describe workload, "due diligence", "eat the elephant one bite at a time", "baked" and you pretty much have the way my boss speaks all day.....and that will change when she hears another buzz phrase from someone higher up than her

The View From 30000 Feet

Everytime I hear somebody say that I just want to tell them at that altitude the only thing you can see is Uranus

"bandwidth"

that one is pretty annoying...blame the tech revolution.

"due diligence"

exception for when you are actually conducting or responding to a 'due diligence' investigation (like i am non-stop this month).

"eat the elephant one bite at a time"

never heard that one before....hope i never hear it again.

"baked"

is that "half baked" or "fully baked"? :thumbsup: yeah, that's a dumb one alright.

btw, I've got you on my radar, but perhaps we should take this conversation offline so we can drill down on the pipeline and strategize about pursuing the low hanging fruit. at the end of the day I want to make sure you're still drinking the kool-aid.

My old fartedness is showing. But I hate and really don't understand the phrase:

My bad. Your bad what? Your bad English?

Actually, the word bad can be used for fault, just like the word Mistake.

From Merrian-Webster:

Main Entry:

bad

Function:

noun

Date:

15th century

1 : something that is bad 2 : an evil or unhappy state 3 : fault 4<the mistake was my bad>

Its essentially the same as saying "My Fault"

Also......

my bad:A grammatically incorrect way of acknowledging (facetiously) a wrongdoing.

Used very commonly by gangsta-wannabes and other sorts of conforming posers, the terrible grammar tends to drive literate people up the wall in absolute irritation. "Jared! Did you drop the baby?"

"Oh. Ha. My bad!"

"WHAT THE F?!?!"