How proud are you being a Buffalo Bills' fan?

In light of our play-off drought in the last several years, the recent off season incidences that have happened to some of our players, and the beginning of the Toronto merge, I was wondering how much of these things might have affected some of our fanbase. Me personnally I'm still extremely happy being a Bills' fan and I'm looking forward to a great, great season for us. I fully expect us to have finally turn the corner this year and have a highly successful season. Are my expectations unrealistic? I sure hope not. Go Bills!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear my Bufalo Bills gear, at least a hat, every day I do not need to dress for a meeting.

My loyality has nothing to do with winning or even NFL - I am from Buffalo and when the Bills are gone I may watch a game occasionally I will not spend any money on NFL.

I wear my Bufalo Bills gear, at least a hat, every day I do not need to dress for a meeting.

My loyality has nothing to do with winning or even NFL - I am from Buffalo and when the Bills are gone I may watch a game occasionally I will not spend any money on NFL.

I live in Dallas and wear my Bills gear whenever I can. I coach a youth football team named the Buffalo Bills, some parents don't approve but too bad. Bills fans are a special breed and everyone knows it. If your still a Bills fan today then it shows you are person who is true to yourself. A person who is a Bills fan is a person who will never give up on anything. It speaks a lot about a person when they can get up off the ground and keep pushing forward no matter life hands to them. Go Bills!

I'm a supervisor in a large metro Atlanta hospital, and I wear my Bills lanyard every day at work. I get comments from docs, patients, other RNs, you name it... I also have my Bills key chain and a steering wheel cover on my truck. I don't care how much the team sucks, I'll always be proud to be a fan :lol:

In light of our play-off drought in the last several years, the recent off season incidences that have happened to some of our players, and the beginning of the Toronto merge, I was wondering how much of these things might have affected some of our fanbase. Me personnally I'm still extremely happy being a Bills' fan and I'm looking forward to a great, great season for us. I fully expect us to have finally turn the corner this year and have a highly successful season. Are my expectations unrealistic? I sure hope not. Go Bills!

I'm proud of all Bills fans, not despite of all the adversity but BECAUSE of it. I'm sure we've all caught crap.....4 tries and couldnt win the big one, no playoffs this decade, our most fabled running back in history is an accused double murderer, an ecconomically depressed city with horrid winters.

And everyone is still so passionate year in and year out. It's a testiment to this team, the city and the people!!!

I'm a Bills fan through and through. All the bandwagon fans fell off since the struggles we've encountered after the "Music City Miracle". I stuck with them through all 4 Super Bowl losses, so why in the world would I latch on to some other team now? If the Bills ever leave Buffalo I'll watch the NFL, but I'll never assume a "favorite" team again.

Perhaps I see the world with different eyes than most, but (1) I don't see the off season incidences here as being nearly as bad as several other teams. In fact, I would call this just about an average off season of legal run-ins. So, why is it that bad of an off season? And (2) I whole-heartedly disagree that we are seeing the "beginning of the Toronto merge". So, I reject that statement.

So to conclude, what's not to be proud of? Making the playoffs does not make a great team. Being from Buffalo makes the team great. The Bills are the only team in the league worth cheering for.

I am a very proud Bills fan.

As for your concerns, 1) The playoff drought sucks, but it will be coming to an end soon. If not this year, then next year.

2)The offseason player incidents have given me a mixed feeling. The James Hardy situation, I believe was blown out of proportion. Marshawn Lynch's situation is a concern, but I highly doubt that we are going to see a continuous problem with him.

3)I'm not concerned about Toronto. If anything it'll become a situation like Green Bay/Milwaukee, or the Bills play every game in Buffalo. So until then, I'll wait until the lease is up.

I was born in Boston, and lived there till I was 6. So naturally being a huge Sox fan was instilled in me. However, when my dad moved us back to our hometown in Buffalo, the Sabres and Bills were instantly added to my list of teams that I die-hard root for. As much as I love my Sox and the Sabres, it is not even close to how much pride I have for being a Bills fan. Gearing up for the games all week. Constantly surfing the web for articles. Draft day. Training Camp. And of course being at the Ralph at 9 AM for almost 12 hours for each and every home game, and watching the away games religiously. Theres no feeling quite like being a Bills fan. And something tells me this may be the year that the last 10 years of mediocricy comes ends and our hopes and dreams come to fruition with a playoff run.

What he said. And I don`t like to share either. Toronto can get their own damn team. :lol:

I have no ties to WNY, been a fan since 1990 at 8 years old. Talking to my Dad the other day (Steelers fan) about the whole Toronto thing, how I would give up watching the NFL if the Bills moved. Not being serious I said to him, hell, if it happens maybe I'll become a Browns fan (live in Ohio right now). My Dad says Mike, you know you couldn't ever be a fan of another team, that team is in your blood. I agreed, I will never be able to love another team, and will always be proud that this is my team.

The bottom line is we Bills fans make this team unique, threw the good times and the bad. The passion and loyalty for the Bills from our fan base is unsurpassed in sports. You just don't find casual Bills fans, it's in your blood or isn't, and if it is in your blood, you will always be proud of it.

I'm as big a fan as ever. If we went 0 and 16 for a season, I'd still proudly wear my Bills hat.

GO BILLS!

I would too although it may have been thrown in the toilet for the 3 hour period of time after each game.

I'm the Buffalo Bills abused housewife, broken and ashamed I come back each and every week for more punishment in hopes that things will "change".