PROOF THE $&%@# PATS* CHEAT!!!

Beli-cheat taping signals since 2000

Walsh’s tapes show that the Patriots recorded the signals of offensive and defensive coaches in regular-season games against the Miami Dolphins, the Buffalo Bills, the Cleveland Browns and the San Diego Chargers and against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2002 American Football Conference championship game. In that game, the tape has been edited to show Steelers coaches signaling plays, followed by two different camera angles of the actual plays that were called.

Based on a win-loss tally from games after the ones on tapes provided by Walsh, the Patriots went 9-6 against the Dolphins after the first taping. They also went 12-1 against the Bills, 3-0 against the Browns, 4-1 against the Steelers and 3-1 against the Chargers. This included three victories and no defeats in the playoffs.

Can you remember how the Pats seemed to almost know what plays the Bills ran before they ran them? Turns out they did. Curiously, the infamous Rams walk-thru was not one o the tapes turned over. I guess part of the deal between Walsh and the NFL was he had to eat that tape.

PTR

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see...proof of the pats* cheating in 2000-2002, and proof of them cheating in 2007. To me, that says they were cheating the entire time, thus nullifying their 3 SB titles. it also calls into question brady's "big game clutch" ability as a QB. I'm sure its much easier to read the defense and make the proper reads when you know exactly where the opposition is lined and where they are going to be covering.

dynasty my ass. nothing but a bunch of cheaters. i say strip them of the super bowl titles and ban belicheat.

Didn't we already know that they taped defensive signals??

Without a tape of the walkthrough, nothing else is going to happen. Goodell already punished them for taping defensive signals.

Without a tape of the walkthrough, nothing else is going to happen. Goodell already punished them for taping defensive signals.

They will be punished further because these tapes show taping goes back to 2000. They were fined and lost the draft pick for taping in 2007 and 2006 only. Expect another lost draft pick, maybe two, and another fine, but no suspension of Billy Beli-cheat. Just because there's no Rams walk-through doesn't mean it didn't happen, imo.

PTR

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but I just don't think this is that big of a deal.

Teams can videotape other team's signals, just not from the field. So they did it directly from the field. Is that really that much different than just zooming in from the press box?

They broke the rules. They should definitely be punished, but to say this is the reason the Bills can never beat them is stupid.

These new tapes showed cheatriots also taped offensive signals.

lets see...proof of the pats* cheating in 2000-2002, and proof of them cheating in 2007. To me, that says they were cheating the entire time, thus nullifying their 3 SB titles. it also calls into question brady's "big game clutch" ability as a QB. I'm sure its much easier to read the defense and make the proper reads when you know exactly where the opposition is lined and where they are going to be covering.

dynasty my ass. nothing but a bunch of cheaters. i say strip them of the super bowl titles and ban belicheat.

no.

lets send them all to africa where they will pull the mr mcgregg (simpson's ref) scene from last king of scottland.

after that i will go on a million steroids campaign and chest kick them all to death.

They will be punished further because these tapes show taping goes back to 2000. They were fined and lost the draft pick for taping in 2007 and 2006 only. Expect another lost draft pick, maybe two, and another fine, but no suspension of Billy Beli-cheat. Just because there's no Rams walk-through doesn't mean it didn't happen, imo.

PTR

Since these tapings occurred before the Commish's clarifying memo I wonder if he's going to cut them a break. :blink:

I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but I just don't think this is that big of a deal.

Teams can videotape other team's signals, just not from the field. So they did it directly from the field. Is that really that much different than just zooming in from the press box?

They broke the rules. They should definitely be punished, but to say this is the reason the Bills can never beat them is stupid.

I was under the impression that taping the sidelines was an absolute no-no, no matter where the cameraman was located.

Obviously there is some advantage to taping on the field versus a press box, otherwise the rule wouldn't make a distinction. And I won't claim that this helped them beat the Bills, but it sure nullifies those 3-point last-second SB wins.

Can you remember how the Pats seemed to almost know what plays the Bills ran before they ran them? Turns out they did....

PTR

Every team in the NFL knew what the Bills were going to run, the fans knew what the Bills were going to run. Besides the Bills signal in their offensive plays via the headset.

I was under the impression that taping the sidelines was an absolute no-no, no matter where the cameraman was located.

I think it's just taping from the field. How are you going to stop someone from taping from a box?

I think it's just taping from the field. How are you going to stop someone from taping from a box?

I swore I read that a couple times when the story first broke, so I did a Google search for 'Patriots taping sidelines memo' and that brings up a ton of results. This is the first result, and is from the NYT around the time the original story broke: (LINK)

N.F.L. policy prohibits videotaping opposing coaches giving signals. Last year, the N.F.L.’s executive vice president of football operations, Ray Anderson, sent a memo to teams reminding them of the rule. The memo is believed to have been generated in part by suspicions that the Patriots had videotaped coaches at several games last season.

It looks like it was against NFL policy to tape the sidelines/coaching signals from anywhere in the stadium.

Billy bob wants every advantage...maybe he broke the code and unlocked something...I can't imagine any Bills fan saying this is not a big deal...its a competitive advantage that should not exist....Now if the Bills did the same to the Pats then its fair game...but we didn't, we're honest

Karma is a b!tch Patty's!

Yes but those were only for signals in the last few games of 2006 and the jets game.... this is alot more info

This would probably be a good time to visit P*triot message boards.

Why? They are in denial and see the lack of a walk-thru tape as evidence that the Patriots are innocent. :blink:

This would probably be a good time to visit P*triot message boards.

They think Kraft will be able to sue everybody now, including the Herald and Spector for claiming they taped more than then claimed they did. It is really quite pathedic. Good times!!

I think the second post on this page just about sums it up. :blink:

Amen to that. Stupid Killbride, most predictable OC ever.

way less predictable than Fairchild. I would call it much stupider though.

I guess it was no accident that our first games against the Pats were close and our second invariably a blowout. Regardless of our lousy coaching, blowouts are rare. in some ways its comforting that during this span we weren't really good enough to get jobbed out of something we deserved.

Only problem with all this is that, while reprehensible, Goodell did know the cheating went back to 2000 when he made his punishment decision, so I doubt anything new will come of this unless Walsh has additional new evidence here. If you'll recall, he only admitted this after Walsh spoke in early February. I suspect that what happened is Goodell's statement caught Walsh by surprise and thus here we are. Will be interesting to see if Walsh has anything else next week (or if he's been bought off after all, but we'll never know that).

They think Kraft will be able to sue everybody now, including the Herald and Spector for claiming they taped more than then claimed they did. It is really quite pathedic. Good times!!

I think the second post on this page just about sums it up. :blink:

I loved this one:

Give it up, we were caught speeding and charged with vehicular homocide.

My six year old was reading a book about paul revere and the 1776 Patriots and asked me in a whisper if they were cheaters....

LOL! :blink: Oh man.

Well, that might be america for you. Cheat, claw, and swindle your way to the top. Doesn't matter what you have to do to get there.

this is something I previously posted that explains the "rule" and the "memo"....

The NFL press releases indicated that the rule stated "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game" and that all video shooting locations for club coaching purposes "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

So the word is that Belicheat interpreted this as you could video tape in the category of for "club coaching purposes" in certain locations during the game and they could video tape in other places as long as it wasn't for use during the game.

Then Ray Anderson (the NFL exec VP of Football Ops) sent a memo at the beginning of the 2007 season that, “videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.”

This could be interpreted as they can videotape another team's signals but they can't do it from these locations, or anywhere else that is "accessible during the game."

Yeah, it makes zero sense that his guy could standing there taping Jet's defensive signals and not be in violation of the rule, but that's their story.

My guess is that Goodell gave Belicheat a pass for violations prior to the beginning of last season and spanked him getting caught during the Jets game, which occurred after the memo came out clarifying the rule.

I don't see any way they receive more punishment. If people think Goodell is going to take away more picks because there is video evidence dating back to '02, rest assured he will say that Belichick has already told him the cheating has been going on that long, he just never understood the rule.

I would be absolutely shocked if anything else happens. I think Anthony Hargrove has a better chance of being our starting QB in '08.

According to the NYT the tapes turned over by Walsh were edited and had different camera angles. Could this be done in real time? Halftime? After the game? I am pretty confused now about what this whole Spygate was about.

Well you know what they say.,.. its only cheating if you get caught!

I think the punishment has been meted out, and we won't see a whole lot more on it as the NFL has switched to the Defensive Radio Helmut neutralizing this type of activity. There is probably more to this story than we'll ever really know.... missing tapes.... smells like watergate to me.... :blink:

Kraft seems to have enough $ that for the most part almost any fine would seem to be an annoyance which the Pats fan base will simply bull through by whining.

My sense is that a just punishment would include simply adding an asterisk in the NFL records for each of the Pats SB wins which will note that the Pats were fined each of these seasons for illegally taping the signals of the other team.

Fining Kraft and the Pats is certainly fine by me, but the main thing I want is the dreaded asterisk besides their record.