What's your favorite BEER?

bartshan-83

As I've gotten older, wiser and snobbier, I've noticed my choice in beer has changed significantly. I'll still gladly shotgun a half-dozen Nattys at a tailgate or bong a few Stones...but I find myself (strangely) looking for a little more. So, I'm counting on some great suggestions here...I'll start:

Yuengling

- In my opinion, the perfect beer for any occasion. Not the world's best, but I can't ever think of a time where a Yuengling didn't sound like a great idea.

Magic Hat #9

- I grew up taking family vacations to South Burlington, VT and my older buddies used to go to the Magic Hat brewery tours and bring back shitloads. One of my first loves....great flavor.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

- Dogfish is pretty much a local brewery to me (Rehoboth, DE) and a great restaurant/bar to hang out at if you ever come down this way. Some of their beers are a little rough, but 60 Minute is legit. The 120 will take you down a few pegs.

Chimay Red

- Went to a Beer tasting/guzzling dinner at a local restaurant a year or so ago. They served four kinds of Chimay, all of which were great. I blacked out that night but I remember the Red stood alone.

Shiner Bock/Blonde

- One of my roommates in college was from south TX and he used to bring up a case of each at the start of each semester. Never lasted too long.

Honorable Mentions:

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Blue Moon

Guinness

Coors Light (eh, why not?)

I'm probably forgetting one or two...but I'm sure one of you will remember for me. Cheers!

:blink: :blink:

Too many to mention right now, as I have to leave. But, my current "go-to" beer is Newcastle. Lighter than what I used to drink, but still has flavor. It's also widely available in this area (as is Yuengling...but not their Lord Chesterfield Ale, which I prefer). If they'd bump the alcohol to 9% or 10%, it would be perfect.

My mainstay is either Gordon Biersch Marzen or Bass Ale. Chimay Red for special occassions.

I recently blew a keg and my guy at BevMo didn't have either available so I took his recommendation for a 5-gallon keg of Alesmith IPA (brewed in San Diego). It's a very interesting, hoppy beer of which I have grown very fond the past couple of days. Unfortunately, he failed to tell me that its alcohol content is 7.75%, which is a significantly higher (relatively speaking) than my Marzen, so I got unexpectedly lit the first night I tried it.

my favorite beer is my next one.....way too many beers out there to pick a favorite..but legend brewing company, richmond, va is waaaaaaaaay up there

As I've gotten older, wiser and snobbier, I've noticed my choice in beer has changed significantly. I'll still gladly shotgun a half-dozen Nattys at a tailgate or bong a few Stones...but I find myself (strangely) looking for a little more. So, I'm counting on some great suggestions here...I'll start:

Yuengling

- In my opinion, the perfect beer for any occasion. Not the world's best, but I can't ever think of a time where a Yuengling didn't sound like a great idea.

Magic Hat #9

- I grew up taking family vacations to South Burlington, VT and my older buddies used to go to the Magic Hat brewery tours and bring back shitloads. One of my first loves....great flavor.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

- Dogfish is pretty much a local brewery to me (Rehoboth, DE) and a great restaurant/bar to hang out at if you ever come down this way. Some of their beers are a little rough, but 60 Minute is legit. The 120 will take you down a few pegs.

Chimay Red

- Went to a Beer tasting/guzzling dinner at a local restaurant a year or so ago. They served four kinds of Chimay, all of which were great. I blacked out that night but I remember the Red stood alone.

Shiner Bock/Blonde

- One of my roommates in college was from south TX and he used to bring up a case of each at the start of each semester. Never lasted too long.

Honorable Mentions:

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Blue Moon

Guinness

Coors Light (eh, why not?)

I'm probably forgetting one or two...but I'm sure one of you will remember for me. Cheers!

:beer: :beer:

Great Sabres win.

While I have another minute, I recommend just about any beer from these three breweries:

Unibroue:

http://www.unibroue.com/index_eng.html

I'm a big fan of La Fin du Monde

Three Floyds:

http://www.threefloyds.com/dspAlphaKing.html

Rouge:

http://www.rogue.com/

Rouge's Shakespeare Stout is the only stout I've like, other than Guinness, of course.

Put it in front of me and I guarantee I'll drink it. There's very few beers that aren't fantastic.

I am not a big fan of the Ralph Wilsion Stadium drafts, though. I always go to the booths where they have the plastic bottles. The drafts always are flat and the beer tastes like it's been sitting in the keg lines since it was called Rich Stadium.

Milwaukee's Best Ice. $9.95 for 24 cans.

I smoke cigarettes...what does taste matter to me?

At least you drink the Ice version so that you don't need to drink as many before you can't taste them anymore.

No love for Genny Cream Ale ???

Killians Red,,, and Guinness.... are both in the fridge and

soon to be liberated from the bottle...

Cheers !!

Those words should never go together, I had a Guiness from a bottle once in Chicago, I asked if they had Guiness, she said yes and came back with a bottle. I almost told her to take it back cause I asked for a Guiness, not a bottled beer. It goes Tap, Can poured properly into a glass, pick another beer

As for whomever said Corona light, I never understood that, how can Corona get any lighter? Its definitly a great summer beer though.

My choices

Guiness

Rickards Red (Great with Wings)

Alexander Keiths

Heinekin

Corona

Moosehead

Canadian/Blue

Smaller Canadian Brewery stuff thats 24 for $24 in Bottles (cheap Canadian Beer like Laker, Lakeport)

Whatever is cold and available

and at the bottom of the list........................American Beer like Bud and Coors