Greatest All Time: TBD poster

KD in CA

Wasn't that some kind of Scottish thing? I seem to recall ICE being into that stuff, like Highlands Games kinds of competions. Man, this thread brings back a lot of memories. I had forgotten about tha Hyperbills board, but do remember Kultar's pouch and Bob Lamb. This goes way back and I don't know who else may remember, but I also recall long time ago posters Azalin and The Council, who used to speak as a collective.

whatever happened to Azalin? I liked his post's and have not seen them in years. Did he change his screen name or does he not visit TBD anymore?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that some kind of Scottish thing? I seem to recall ICE being into that stuff, like Highlands Games kinds of competions. Man, this thread brings back a lot of memories. I had forgotten about tha Hyperbills board, but do remember Kultar's pouch and Bob Lamb. This goes way back and I don't know who else may remember, but I also recall long time ago posters Azalin and The Council, who used to speak as a collective.

Does anyone remember Sloth of Lothar posts ? His posts were written in a Hill Billy drawl spelling.

A lot of good people left when certain un named posters would bug the crap out you for something they deemed disloyal, wrong or whatever. Kind of sucks the fun out of the place when people just hound you to death for expressing your own opinion.

Those types should die horrible deaths.

Prodigy was pathetic - I was such a neophyte - but it was Ground Zero and it was fun

There was BBML - wasn't sure about that and then the great Rochester D&C meltdown

And then some (RIT) guy from Pembroke, NY came along - stuff happens

BTW - I paid for my Chargers season tix today - I wish they were Bills ones ;)

There have been so many contributors but I nominate Deborah

I'll second that nomination.

I'll also agree with Bill -- Lot 1/Pole 65 ain't the same without you, big guy. Good to see you.

Being a proud son of the "Scottish race," I nerd out for Highland Games. And haggis. And yes, I wear the Scottish skirt, and no, nothing's worn underneath - it's all in fine working order. ;)

Spearing is a Celtic equestrian event where riders attempt to "spear" a ring on the ground with their lance. Kind of like knights of yore in a joust, but spearing a ring instead of striking an opponent's shield (or the opponent himself).

It was used as practice for "tent pegging," a sneak-attack strategy where riders attacking an enemy encampment would target the ropes used to hold up tents, thereby collapsing the tent onto enemies trapped inside. Foot soldiers followed the mounted attack, and given the confusion of the enemy, were able to score easy kills.

Irish and Scots, likely due to their smaller armies, didn't pay much creedance to the accepted rules of war and often relied on subterfuge and sneak attacks when warring with more "civilized" nations (think Braveheart).

In my experience, spearing and tent pegging are used interchangeably.

There are so many people that I enjoy reading their post's. Two underrated posters IMO are Gringo Starr and Johnny Coli. Their posts almost always crack me up. The fact that we lost Johnny Coli's blog is tragic

Of course, and Eric's contribution is still missed here.

But, no mention of history is complete without a thorough thanks to Dan Valentine - the godfather of the Buffalo Bills fan community on these Internets tubes and the original BBML.

Cheers to the old folks.

Bravo!

I was just thinking about DK Valentine's BBML when I came across this post. I think I still have some posts from that list archived somewhere...

Fav 89

I liked it when I had time to answer all the asinine questions from RRich in my FAT threads.

thoses were the days.

Now due to a harddrive crash I have forgotten my login in to my Nick in RaChaCha login and I have to start all over.

LOL oh well.

This thread has made me laugh a couple times!

whatever happened to Azalin? I liked his post's and have not seen them in years. Did he change his screen name or does he not visit TBD anymore?

Sorry (a little) to revive an older thread, but to answer you, Pete, Azalin does not visit TDB any more, but my brother is alive and well.

Sorry (a little) to revive an older thread, but to answer you, Pete, Azalin does not visit TDB any more, but my brother is alive and well.

It's been a while since I talked to Rick. Please send him my regards.