Greatest All Time: TBD poster

KD in CA

.. and Jason decided to focus on playing Doom and Quake and give up on the football site.

Those were the days. :thumbsup:

I scrolled all the way down that page and found these headlines from Feb, 1997.....

Jim Kelly retires.

I know this isn't really news but I deleted all the news in the old format and there still may be one or two folks out there who haven't heard. The good news is that Jim and and his wife Jill gave birth to a new baby boy, Hunter James Kelly, on Febuary 14

The Bills trade for Billy Joe Hobert.

The Bills have traded this year's third round pick (not definite on the pick) to the Raiders for backup QB Billy Joy Hobert. Hobert is 26 years old.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. I remember when I was a Sophomore in High School I used to get so Pissed off at my Dad (AKA Hogboy) b/c we had dial up back then and it would make our phone line busy while my friends tried to call in.

Then after a Scrimage Football game on a Saturday we hopped in the car and drove up to Buffalo for a Minnesota Home opener. I remember my Dad saying he was going to meet up with some people from a tailgate that he met on the internet (might have been hyper bills back them).

Who was there that I may have met? I remembered I thought it was dumb my Dad posted on the website and never thought years later I would also be posting... kinda funny.

Vikings won, Robert smith had like an 80 yards run.

To be considered one of the best atleast Hogboy make it worth his time. I'll call you tonight Pop... dont let the women drive you crazy. Driving home in 3 weeks.

Wow Dean, Spam, and I were really close about Billdo being Hogboy :thumbsup:.

Ok, I'll play. I sat out 14 pages but now I'm in. What's the criteria for this who's who? Subject matter? The way they carry themselves? Or just plain old nostalgia for the good old boys' club? IMO, being rude, obnoxious and confrontational doesn't necessarily translate to being an immortal poster.

Well, I've read and made more than my share of posts, and I can't remember it all, but what I do recall is that while everybody have made valid points at one time or another I have always read what stuckincincy has had to say. He always carries himself well and not only responds with class and his own insights but even makes posts when he really has something to say. I also appreciate hearing from time to time on someone's inside info on another team (Bengals). For this my vote is cast for stuckincincy.

Seriously? you remember that?

I remember thinking at one time TBD was run by Bob and Kultar. There was a third guy who did a few articles, plus the enemy press, and of course, the Jills...

That's how I found TBD, was searching for pictures of the Jills one day. I think TBD was a sponsor, or at least had a page devoted to them.

I actually hosted the Jills official page until 97 Rock took over... :)

Doug Pagano: Buffalo Notes

A. James Nichols: View from the Forty

Eric Schweitz: Kultarr's Pouch

Bob Lamb: Historical Pieces (Did I have a name for that?)

Mark Fagin: Enemy Press

Frank Mariani: Leather and Lace

Tom Benson: History

Me: Front page news and message board moderator

John Holecek: The Inside Line

Holy crap did that take every waking moment of my days... :wallbash:

ICE, BF or Hog Boy....RIP.

I always believed Ice was another creation of HogBoy's. Didn't stop believing until Ice went to a game, I believe in Minny, where he met a few posters here.

So while we are on the subject why not remove the ban on Ice. I always liked his draft prognostications and it is that time of year. BTW, Ice does show up now and then in the Chat room during Bills games.

The new hard drive should be a sign it is the season of absolution. Turn, turn, turn.