Official "This Halftime Show Sucks" Thread

IDBillzFan

price was awesome and is still one of the godfathers of modern rock music,
:o

without prince there would be no living colour aka vernon reid,

:blink::lol:

and there would be no red hot chili peppers

:D:wallbash::blink:

k so after second glance, i think labillsfan was predicting what the majority of you "cavemen" here would say...i am pretty sure I "know" LA and I think I get his post..yeah the halftime sucked, and peyton mannin is lucky and will never win anything and without the officials, he would have lost that game!!!!! :D:wallbash:

Damn, you had me worried there for a sec, Pooj.

INCREDIBLE Halftime show. Fantastic in HD and a great 5.1 Audio mix. I had the stereo cranked and the house was Rockin'! People who think that Prince went out of style back in the early 90's are slaves to the radio. Great artists continue to put out great albums even if the pop station you listen to don't play them.

As for people saying Prince is gay... if being gay means getting all the smokin' chicks he's had over the years then I want to be gay too!

I just watched it on tape.

Doing a mash up of Dylan and the Foo Fighters was pretty cool,

and doing Purple Rain in the Rain actually had me wondering if he

was performing under sprinklers or something.

He was pretty good, which makes him great in a slot that is usually

a suck-fest.

I liked the half time show. Did anyone else think Prince was going to get electrocuted with all of the rain and water on the stage ? And did the water and rain affect the acoustics of the Purple Rain guitar solo ? It sounded off quite abit from the studio version ?

I don't think real musicians like Prince feel a strong pressure to play their music and especially their solos exactly as they appear on their albums. I think this is a failing of many bands. Too many play their songs live exactly as they are on the album... what's the point of going to a concert?

I don't think real musicians like Prince feel a strong pressure to play their music and especially their solos exactly as they appear on their albums. I think this is a failing of many bands. Too many play their songs live exactly as they are on the album... what's the point of going to a concert?

I see your point, but I usually buy tickets to see a concert because of a song I heard on XM radio or CD and the sound quality is studio quality. So when I go to concert I dont even recognize the so called hit, I feel really let dowm. So IMHO the sound quality better be close to studio quality or whats the point ? i dont want to hear trash and call it the live version.

Precisely......Paul McCartney, Stones... Prince???

Seriously, Paul McCartney and the Stones were embarrassing. Completely ruins the memories we have of these guys as kings when you see them as senior citizens trying to be young. They are 40 years past their primes. And despite prince being 20 years past his prime, at least Prince remains culturally relevant.

Personally, I think The Police should have launched their reunion kickoff during the Super Bowl, not the Grammys. Sting is an idiot.

I liked the half time show. Did anyone else think Prince was going to get electrocuted with all of the rain and water on the stage ? And did the water and rain affect the acoustics of the Purple Rain guitar solo ? It sounded off quite abit from the studio version ?

I think the wireless power is something like a 9v battery transmitter that sends signals to the devices that make the sound.

Yes - an open stadium with speakers is not the same as an acoustically-tuned studio. :rolleyes:

I think the wireless power is something like a 9v battery transmitter that sends signals to the devices that make the sound.

Yes - an open stadium with speakers is not the same as an acoustically-tuned studio. :rolleyes:

I've been to concerts in open air stadiums where the sound is really freakin good. Pink Floyd is probably the best that comes to mind. So the sound engineers can make it sound good if they want. by the way, sarcasm is really unattractive in any form.

INCREDIBLE Halftime show. Fantastic in HD and a great 5.1 Audio mix. I had the stereo cranked and the house was Rockin'! People who think that Prince went out of style back in the early 90's are slaves to the radio. Great artists continue to put out great albums even if the pop station you listen to don't play them.

As for people saying Prince is gay... if being gay means getting all the smokin' chicks he's had over the years then I want to be gay too!

Agreed. And way better than McCartney.

I've been to concerts in open air stadiums where the sound is really freakin good. Pink Floyd is probably the best that comes to mind. So the sound engineers can make it sound good if they want. by the way, sarcasm is really unattractive in any form.

No sarcasm was intended - I don't understand what made you think so. I was making an observation.

It's heartening to know that sound engineers can improve outdoor sound. How that comes across in a tv broadcast, I don't know. A symphony orchestra in a building designed with them in mind loses something when it's sound gets put out over a television.