I cannot get the feeling of Karma in the air

A karma thing that is working against us is Travis Henry. His favorite team growing up in Florida drafts him, he makes the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year, and then gets traded away after we select a stud RB out of Miami.

T-Hen will be playing some inspired ball and I think it may hurt us considering the way our Run-D has been playing.

A karma thing that is working against us is Travis Henry.  His favorite team growing up in Florida drafts him, he makes the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year, and then gets traded away after we select a stud RB out of Miami. 

T-Hen will be playing some inspired ball and I think it may hurt us considering the way our Run-D has been playing.

873237[/snapback]

Sorry, I just don't see T-Hen rising to the ocassion.

873237[/snapback]

I'm tired of hearing this. Just HOW has our run team been playing? In the last four games they have given up big gains between the 30's during the first and second quarters and then locked down, forced punts, and rested back in pass coverage after the offense has applied pressure.

Outside of the first quarter, the run defense has not been bad enough to hurt Buffalo on the SCOREBOARD!

If it has, please provide evidence post-bye week and I will shut my mouth. Until then...! :rolleyes:

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the winner of this game will make the playoffs (I have what would need to happen for Tennessee to get in... not that it matters :rolleyes: ).

The last time I made a prediction between these two was back in '99 when I said the winner would go to the Superbowl.

- The last time we were in the playoffs it was the Titans who took us out.....we have not been there since

- I cannot help but get the feeling should we win AGAINST the Titans then the karma will be that the playoff scenarios will play out and we will get in....

WOW...

873217[/snapback]

Just remember that it was a special teams breakdown that burned us the last time, and that Buffalo has Bobby April now.

A karma thing that is working against us is Travis Henry.  His favorite team growing up in Florida drafts him, he makes the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year, and then gets traded away after we select a stud RB out of Miami. 

873237[/snapback]

and who says willis wont be equally motovited to prove he is better then travis henry?..........i bet travis has at least 1 key fumble in the game as well!go bills!

and who says willis wont be equally motovited to prove he is better then travis henry?..........i bet travis has at least 1 key fumble in the game as well!go bills!

873258[/snapback]

The 12th man is going to create all the karma that is needed. Buffalo are you hungry for a playoff berth? Hell ya, let's go Bills!

873237[/snapback]

Does anyone know if Travis is even aware he's playing in Buffalo this week?

Im still interested to see how Travis Henry runs against the Bills....if im not mistaken this is his first game back in Buffalo? I might be wrong....

873263[/snapback]

The Bills, of all teams, know to tackle Henry's hands and then reap the rewards.

I'm tired of hearing this.  Just HOW has our run team been playing?  In the last four games they have given up big gains between the 30's during the first and second quarters and then locked down, forced punts, and  rested back in pass coverage after the offense has applied pressure. 

Outside of the first quarter, the run defense has not been bad enough to hurt Buffalo on the SCOREBOARD!

If it has, please provide evidence post-bye week and I will shut my mouth.  Until then...! :rolleyes:

873247[/snapback]

They have kept us in the game, but they are still a liability. The Titans as a team have 1,864 yards rushing as a team with T-Hen accounting for more than half of them. He put up over 100 yards rushing on Baltimore and is averaging 4.4/YPC.

Since the Bye week, our team has given up 1,142 yards rushing on 215 carries. This turns out to be 5.3 YPC. This is to a poor Houston team that averaged 7.0 YPC against us and to an IND team, whom we couldn't stop in the 4th Quarter with 6:22 left in the ball game to get the ball back and make an effort to win the game. Here are the stats from that final drive:

Indianapolis Colts at 06:22

1-10-IND31 (6:22) J.Addai right end to IND 39 for 8 yards (D.Whitner, L.Fletcher-Baker).

2-2-IND39 (5:44) P.Manning pass short left to D.Clark to IND 42 for 3 yards (A.Crowell).

1-10-IND42 (5:08) P.Manning pass short left to J.Addai to IND 44 for 2 yards (A.Crowell, T.Spikes).

2-8-IND44 (4:18) J.Addai right end to BUF 48 for 8 yards (D.Whitner).

1-10-BUF48 (3:32) J.Addai right tackle to BUF 46 for 2 yards (K.Williams).

2-8-BUF46 (2:48) J.Addai left end to BUF 38 for 8 yards (A.Hargrove).

1-10-BUF38 (2:33) J.Addai up the middle to BUF 32 for 6 yards (C.Kelsay, L.Fletcher-Baker).

2-4-BUF32 (2:00) J.Addai up the middle to BUF 25 for 7 yards (C.Kelsay).

1-10-BUF25 (1:16) P.Manning kneels to BUF 26 for -1 yards.

2-11-BUF26 (:40) P.Manning kneels to BUF 27 for -1 yards.

They ran the ball 6 times 37 yards, icing the game.

And to answer your question: in the last 4 games we have given up 659 yards rushing on 129 carries which equal 5.1 YPC. I think our run D is a liability, but we have made opportune stops on Defense to get their offense off the field.

And to answer your question: in the last 4 games we have given up 659 yards rushing on 129 carries which equal 5.1 YPC.  I think our run D is a liability, but we have made opportune stops on Defense to get their offense off the field.

873307[/snapback]

Cover 2 defenses are notoriously known to be vunerable against the run. Now granted we don't have all the pieces to the defense yet. A solid draft and re-signing clements will help. In those last 4 games opposing offenses have gone 16-56 against us on 3rd down and ar only averaging 15.2pts per game. Obviously our defense is doing something right. In that same frame we have forced 6 fumbles (not counting the offensive caused fumbles on ints in the jax or sd game) and 4 interceptions. Another solid draft and some minor tweaks here and there we'll be fielding a damn good defense in no time.

Indianapolis Colts at 06:22

1-10-IND31 (6:22) J.Addai right end to IND 39 for 8 yards (D.Whitner, L.Fletcher-Baker).

2-2-IND39 (5:44) P.Manning pass short left to D.Clark to IND 42 for 3 yards (A.Crowell).

1-10-IND42 (5:08) P.Manning pass short left to J.Addai to IND 44 for 2 yards (A.Crowell, T.Spikes).

2-8-IND44 (4:18) J.Addai right end to BUF 48 for 8 yards (D.Whitner).

1-10-BUF48 (3:32) J.Addai right tackle to BUF 46 for 2 yards (K.Williams).

2-8-BUF46 (2:48) J.Addai left end to BUF 38 for 8 yards (A.Hargrove).

1-10-BUF38 (2:33) J.Addai up the middle to BUF 32 for 6 yards (C.Kelsay, L.Fletcher-Baker).

2-4-BUF32 (2:00) J.Addai up the middle to BUF 25 for 7 yards (C.Kelsay).

1-10-BUF25 (1:16) P.Manning kneels to BUF 26 for -1 yards.

2-11-BUF26 (:40) P.Manning kneels to BUF 27 for -1 yards.

They ran the ball 6 times 37 yards, icing the game.   

873307[/snapback]

The thing that kills me about that drive is that we couldn't even force a freaking 3rd down, for crying out loud.

Against Jacksonville, the Titans had 97 yards of total offense, with 41 coming on the ground. Young was sacked three times, they were 0-8 on third down conversions and had five first downs the entire game.

Part of me feels like this game can emulate the Fish game in that as soon as we realized Joey couldn't throw, we spent the entire time trying to stop the run. The ONLY reason the Titans beat Garrard and the Jaguars is because they scored three defensive touchdowns on turnovers of 83, 92 and 61 yards.

Alternately, Jacksonville got over 200 yards on the ground and almost another 200 in the air. If we can put up those numbers and protect the ball, this game will be easier than would initially be considered based on this team's sudden mystique.

Sorry, I just don't see T-Hen rising to the ocassion.

873244[/snapback]

:lol:

Maybe not but you have also witnessed 3rd string scrubs running the ball like they were All-Pro on us all season long. That hasn't changed. :rolleyes:

If we stop Henry then I think we win handedly.

:lol:

Maybe not but you have also witnessed 3rd string scrubs running the ball like they were All-Pro on us all season long.  That hasn't changed.  :rolleyes:

If we stop Henry then I think we win handedly.

873418[/snapback]

Seen Travis' numbers relative to McGahee's?

873237[/snapback]

Our run D shut down the Phins last game.

Against Jacksonville, the Titans had 97 yards of total offense, with 41 coming on the ground. Young was sacked three times, they were 0-8 on third down conversions and had five first downs the entire game.

Part of me feels like this game can emulate the Fish game in that as soon as we realized Joey couldn't throw, we spent the entire time trying to stop the run. The ONLY reason the Titans beat Garrard and the Jaguars is because they scored three defensive touchdowns on turnovers of 83, 92 and 61 yards.

Alternately, Jacksonville got over 200 yards on the ground and almost another 200 in the air. If we can put up those numbers and protect the ball, this game will be easier than would initially be considered based on this team's sudden mystique.

873391[/snapback]

While I agree that those are low offensive numbers and the Tennessee offense isn't exactly potent, that Jacksonville game is a bit deceiving. The Titans defense was on the field for something like 35 plays in a row due to the touchdowns they produced, thus keeping the offense on the bench.

Fixed that for you. We've done very well lately in adjusting at the half.

873456[/snapback]

It's usually pretty easy to not get run on in the second half when you're blowing out teams like the Bills have been the past few weeks.

Before that San Diego had 92 yards rushing in the first half and 197 total yards rushing on the game, which means they gashed the Bills for 105 yards on the ground in the second half.

Jax rushed for 73 yards in the second half. While that is a good deal less than the 130 or so they ran up in the first half, it's still horrible.

The run D is still a problem. Hopefully the Bills can get a lead and take the Titans off their gameplan.

873391[/snapback]

Agreed. This Titans team is winning by smoke and mirrors, not by dominating anyone. Let's see how they fare against a team that doesn't gift wrap 3 TDs for them.

I'm worried not only about Henry gashing us on the run, but the QB Vince Young taking advantage of our pass rush to find running lanes. We've been getting hurt real bad on draw plays, and a runnign QB like Young could make us look real bad.

We need to force turnovers and cover Pacman on punts and kickoffs.

- The last time we were in the playoffs it was the Titans who took us out.....we have not been there since

- I cannot help but get the feeling should we win AGAINST the Titans then the karma will be that the playoff scenarios will play out and we will get in....

WOW...

873217[/snapback]

If a team can rally from a 35-3 second half deficit to win a playoff game, then make it all the way to the Super Bowl only to get blown out.........out the door goes ANY notion of karma or destiny playing any part in pro sports.