What will we all do if the Bills move to L.A.

H2o

I personally will never call a team my own again if the Bills move to L.A. and change their name like the Titans and all. If the Bills leave Buffalo, so does my enthusiasm for the game. How do you guys feel about it?

depends on how i feel about the players on the team at the time. If its a group I really like, I can see moving over my loyalty. Heck im following them from a distance now, whats the real difference? However, If its a team like the rob johnson/antwain smith/eddie robinson type team...I would probably take a bigger interest in a local team (i.e. Carolina, Baltimore, Deadskins)...though it would be painful.

I personally will never call a team my own again if the Bills move to L.A. and change their name like the Titans and all. If the Bills leave Buffalo, so does my enthusiasm for the game. How do you guys feel about it?

865890[/snapback]

I would hate them more than the Dolphins if they left. I would wish them nothing but misery and constant digestive problems.

865890[/snapback]

The Bills are from Buffalo. If the franchise goes to another city I am done with them. Should it happen, I would hope they start a new team with no history. At least the city of Cleveland kept the name and stats for the Browns in Cleveland. What a Modell Job that was!

I wonder how many Los Angeles Rams fans followed them to St. Louis?

No different to me than Baltimore (Colts), Houston (Oilers), St. Louis (Cardinals), and Cleveland (Ravens?)

As far as the NFL, I do not know what I would do. I wish R. Wilson could strike a deal that would allow the team to pass from his hands upon his death to another Western NY oriented owner.

depends on how i feel about the players on the team at the time.  If its a group I really like, I can see moving over my loyalty.  Heck im following them from a distance now, whats the real difference?  However,  If its a team like the rob johnson/antwain smith/eddie robinson type team...I would probably take a bigger interest in a local team (i.e. Carolina, Baltimore, Deadskins)...though it would be painful.

865940[/snapback]

I can understand your point. My point of reference has been WNY for 98% of my life. I would have a hard time supporting them if they were West Coast or anywhere but Buffalo. Neither would I hate them - it would be a financial decision, should it happen.

That is just me.

I am so tired of this. There are DOZENS of reasons all the home games do not sell out.

Cheap and Lazy are maybe number 15 and 16 on any rational list.

Let's start with population and stadium size, instead of just trashing people. When you can do that, I can talk with you on this topic. :thumbsup:

Maybe if more Western NYers get off their cheap lazy behinds and actually SUPPORT the team during their home games, they wont have to worry about such nonsense. 

Its inconceivable to think of NOT having an NFL franchise in Buffalo.

865892[/snapback]

865890[/snapback]

I agree. My enthusiasm for the game has steadily waned over the years so why would I watch the NFL if there were no local team? I've just found the NFL product of late to be overly hyped and endlessly dull.

I agree. My enthusiasm for the game has steadily waned over the years so why would I watch the NFL if there were no local team?  I've just found the NFL product of late to be overly hyped and endlessly dull.

866112[/snapback]

The NFL has really changed over the years..I grew up in Dallas in the 70's and early 80's and my Dad took me to see the Cowboys twice a year. I was a Huge Cowboys fan.That era of the Cowboys still holds a special place in my heart. We moved to Buffalo in 83 and My dad took me to my first Bills Game against the Raiders that season. I believe Marc Wilson was the Qb for the raiders and the Bills heavy underdogs almost pulled it out. I guess the point of it all is never say never about changing loyalty's to a football team. It can happen, I now despise the Cowboys of the present and folow the Bills as rabid as I did when I was a Cwboys fan. The more you watch and follow a team the more you begin to root and cheer for them. Would it hurt if the Bills left, of course it would, however, I would find another team to follow. They care no more for me than they care for where the playere cares where he plays. I have paid my price following the Bills over the years, Jim Kelly seats for 8 yrs, seasons for 9 before that. I will not pay anymore for this era product. Too commercialized, to distant, too much greed. I will watch it on tv and enjoy, but never again will I sell my sunday for a football game...

Good, heartfelt answers you guys. I just don't see myself being able to jump to another team if the Bills go elsewhere. I've been a bills fan since 87'. It was a Bills vs. Browns game where I realized that was going to be my team. I have suffered through 4 straight Super Bowl losses (all during my highschool years), mediocre teams that followed, the "Music City Miracle" (a.k.a. Wychek's forward lateral), the Bledsoe years where he choked in his only "big game" that could've gotten us to the playoffs against the Steelers second and third string guys, and these couple of years that have followed. Finally we have a team of young guys again that look promising and Ralph is talking about the team moving. It's sickening to the stomach. Yeah I would hope some of the players that I like do well if they left, but my days of "having a team" would be over. I would never buy another piece of NFL merchandise. No more jerseys, hats, shirts, jackets, underwear for the wife :lol: , nothing. It would be a travesty, a sham, and a mockery of what football is about if the Bills left Buffalo. It would be a :thumbsup: traveshamockery!!!!!

I would never watch NFL Football again. I doubt I could ever be serious about college football either. So my Football days would be done. We'd forever be haunted with memories of wide rights and music city miracles with no hope of ever reaching the promise land. It's the worst thing that could ever happen to us. Maybe Ralph can divy the company up in to 800,000 shares valued at $1000 buxx each and we can all spend any penny saved and buy the Bills.. That'd be great.. Although it'd never happen. If they move I guess i'd follow hockey more.. Maybe go to Church on sunday mornings? I dont know what the hell I'd do on Sunday mornings.. What do non football fans do on Sundays? Maybe I could take up hunting? Anyone know when hunting season starts? It'd be a real shame...

I would never watch NFL Football again.  I doubt I could ever be serious about college football either.  So my Football days would be done.  We'd forever be haunted with memories of wide rights and music city miracles with no hope of ever reaching the promise land.  It's the worst thing that could ever happen to us.  Maybe Ralph can divy the company up in to 800,000 shares valued at $1000 buxx each and we can all spend any penny saved and buy the Bills.. That'd be great.. Although it'd never happen.  If they move I guess i'd follow hockey more.. Maybe go to Church on sunday mornings?  I dont know what the hell I'd do on Sunday mornings.. What do non football fans do on Sundays?  Maybe I could take up hunting? Anyone know when hunting season starts?  It'd be a real shame...

866687[/snapback]

Amen to that. The NFL would cease to exist for me. I would be even more bitter than I already am.

I wonder how many Los Angeles Rams fans followed them to St. Louis?

865964[/snapback]

I'd guess about 20% of their old LA fan base has remained loyal throughout, seeing the inevitable "Patriots effect" after their Super Bowl win with a whole new slew of "lifetime Ram's fans".

865890[/snapback]

If the bills moved, i would root for all 4 AFC East teams to rot in hell instead of just 3.

My father was a Baltimore Colts fan. Until I got him back into it with the Bills, he was done with the NFL, not giving a rat's ass about what happened. Let me note that my grandfather died right before the Colts moved. It was like adding insult to injury to him.

I will follow his example and then some. Not only will I stop caring about the NFL, I will root for its demise. If I ever become a billionaire, I will move the team back. If I ever have an opportunity to get revenge on the NFL, I will take it.

It would be weird for me in that I would have very little to care about in regards to sports. I care about MLB and the Orioles and the NFL with the Bills.

It is tough to care about MLB and the Orioles considering how much a mess both are and if the Bills moved, I would like have no sports to care about.

A lot of free time... maybe college football?

A big part of why I still support the Bills is because of Buffalo memories. When I lived in Buffalo, going to the games with my kids and all the great games we watched together became a huge part of my life.

The memories of the glory years have kept my loyalty alive since being gone.

But now, an even bigger part of that is going back to Buffalo every season for games, the people of WNY, the northern accents, the food, the sights and sounds of tailgating, the Pinto...even more memories have been made over the years since I've left.

If the team were to move? There are no memories in LA for me to "go back" to, no Sahlen's Hot dogs, no wings, no white pizza, no beef on weck, no WNY accents or culture, no Niagara Falls. It would just be a generic football team with a different uniform and perhaps a new name and a lot of new players. A shell.

No thanks. I would surely continue my annual trecks back to Buffalo. I love it that much. But I would probably eventually become a Texans fan.

I would give up the pro game, and just focus on the college game.

There's no chance 'Bama would leave Tuscaloosa for greener pastures.

865906[/snapback]

Greetings from Pell City, AL, Roll Tide!!! Seriously, I would do the same to the NFL as I did to the NBA when the Braves left Buffalo. Never watch another NFL Game. I may be the only person in the world to never have seen Michael Jordan play and I could care less.

I'd probably still have to root for them anyway. Will always be a Bills fan. Maybe we should ask Baltimore fans what they did. Or maybe ask Houston fans how they feel. My Ex brother in law was in Peru for a year. It was the year a lot of that moving happened. The Rams moving to St Louis, the Browns to Baltimore and all. It was before internet was everywhere, so he really had been out of touch. About blew his mind. That's when I told him the Beatles had a new album. :censored: