Thurman Thomas talking about WM...

LabattBlue

On WGR this morning, Thurman was on talking about the game. He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds. He is a 230 lb RB going up against a 190 lb. DB. Go figure?? :doh:

I know I am going to upset the WM lovers, but this guy does not have breakaway speed and has no elusiveness. When was the last time he made someone miss? He is a straight ahead runner with some power. There is nothing there to indicate the Bills should attempt to re-sign him because he will be difficult to replace. He is on pace for 1200+ yards, 2-3 TD's and an average under 4 ypc. Whoop-de-friggin-do!

One more year and move on.

He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds.

He did exactly that and I cussed him out good.

I wonder if the staff or his 'mates did the same thing because from that point on he ran like a hardass the rest of the day.

He did exactly that and I cussed him out good.

I wonder if the staff or his 'mates did the same thing because from that point on he ran like a hardass the rest of the day.

814473[/snapback]

Simon, he got almost all of his yardage on his own. You want to know who made the shovel pass work?

Merz.

On WGR this morning, Thurman was on talking about the game.  He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds. 

814461[/snapback]

I was bothered by that play too. He needs a little more Walter Payton in him.

We should cut him right now just to make some of the people on this board happy. :doh:

He is the best player on offense, but you go ahead and keep on trashing him.

[As Marv used to say, if you start listening to the fans, you will end up sitting next to them in the stands]

Simon, he got almost all of his yardage on his own. You want to know who made the shovel pass work?

Merz.

814476[/snapback]

Yes he did, but on that first series he definitely ran OB to avoid contact with a 185lb corner. But apparently somebody chewed him out because after that he ran with a lot of passion.

And while Merz's pull was textbook, you gotta give some credit to Jason Peters on that play as well.

Cya

We should cut him right now just to make some of the people on this board happy. :lol:

[As Marv used to say, if you start listening to the fans, you will end up sitting next to them in the stands]

814490[/snapback]

Just repeating what Thurman stated(and adding my opinion). I guess a soon to be HoF'er doesn't know what he is talking about? :doh:

PS The best player on this offense is Lee Evans.

A post to be proud of.  You should ad this gem to your signature. :doh:

814596[/snapback]

Willis isnt going ot be an 1800 yard back. But if he can churn out 1200-1300 and 8 TD's a season, why get rid of him? He hasnt held out yet, altho a lot of you act like he has.

Some people like to B word just because he has rosenhaus as his agent and he want to miami. If willis came from michigan no one would say a word.

Merz.

814476[/snapback]

Bill...that is a very good point.

I remember a time when folks where shuddering at the thought of Merz starting on our line because this supposid lack of talent latter round pick shouldn't even be in a bills uniform?

You know what? I am starting to think that the best thing for the bills might be to have a total youth movement....lets see what all of our youngsters can do...maybe not all of them at once but.....Brad Butler, Aaron Merz, Terrance Pennington......

Maybe they actually WANT to go out there and earn a damn job....

Oh and it just seems to me that if we want Magehee to be the focal point of our offense maybe we should get some RUN BLOCKERS?

Willis isnt going ot be an 1800 yard back. But if he can churn out 1200-1300 and 8 TD's a season, why get rid of him? He hasnt held out yet, altho a lot of you act like he has.

Some people like to B word just because he has rosenhaus as his agent and he want to miami. If willis came from michigan no one would say a word.

814600[/snapback]

Willis is a good running back.Not great but good. He is not a problem--unless he asks for BIG money..If he does then bye bye Willis.

Just repeating what Thurman stated(and adding my opinion).  I guess a soon to be HoF'er doesn't know what he is talking about?  <_<

814569[/snapback]

For what it is worth, TT is a friend of my sister (who produced his television show). TT does not share your opinion of Willis. ;)

As for Lee Evans, he is a good player, but he is the second best player on the offense.

For what it is worth, TT is a friend of my sister (who produced his television show).  TT does not share your opinion of Willis.  <_<

As for Lee Evans, he is a good player, but he is the second best player on the offense.

814646[/snapback]

Behind Peters, Gandy or Reed?

Yeah WM should run more like Earl Campbell, sacrifice his body for the game and fans, never run out of bounds. Then he can't walk by the time he is 45. I don't fault WM; unles it is 1st down or TD or just one man to beat I'd do the same thing to save yourself for the next play. A lot of people dissed Franco Harris back in the day for running out of bounds but it pro longed his career.

I mean some of guys on this board are very critical and have ran or dogged just about every player the Bills have had. Just 3 years ago most ran Henry out of town because WM looked flashy and instead of giving TH credit for being a good back some made him out to be garbage. Talk about Bills karma.

Yeah WM should run more like Earl Campbell, sacrifice his body for the game and fans, never run out of bounds. Then he can't walk by the time he is 45. I don't fault WM; unles it is 1st down or TD or just one man to beat I'd do the same thing to save yourself for the next play. A lot of people dissed Franco Harris back in the day for running out of bounds but it pro longed his career.

I mean some of guys on this board are very critical and have ran or dogged just about every player the Bills have had. Just 3 years ago most ran Henry out of town because WM looked flashy and instead of giving TH credit for being a good back some made him out to be garbage. Talk about Bills karma.

814660[/snapback]

Before Henry got benched in 04 he was playing rather sh-------. 273 yards on 80 carries 3.4ypc. Missed the miami game with an injury and mcgahee came in and had 100 yard effort. The coaching staff gave henry the job back at baltimore where he was ineffective and replaced by willis in the 2nd half. Henry never took the mcgahee drafting like a pro. Which is a shame because henry is a tough runner. It's too bad it didn't work out. It would've been nice to have a good 1-2 punch ala dillon/maroney tomlinson/turner. McGahee/Henry could've been on that level had it worked out imho. I agree with you though it's asinine how good players are constantly dogged by bills fans, just for the sake of blaming someone.

Willis is a good running back.Not great but good. He is not a problem--unless he asks for BIG money..If he does then bye bye Willis.

814625[/snapback]

Runningback is the easiest position to replace in the NFL, hands down. Unless a guy shows he has something special then you should just let him go. And Willis hasn't shown to be that type of player.

Regarding Thurman's comments; I think he just pointed out that Willis was in the perfect position to set a tone for the rest of the game and he didn't go it. Whatever the reasoning behind running out of bounds was, the fact of the matter is that he could have made a statement, but Willis isn't that kind of player/person. We don't have anyone like that on the team now that Spikes is ruined.

We have absolutely no swagger, and it's because of the "Ho-hum" attitude shown by players who should be leaders on this team (e.g., Willis and JP).

I'd kill to have a player like a Shockey/Ray Lewis/Joey Porter on this team. Their confidence and intensity are infectious, and that's exactly what this lifeless team needs before all of the young guys are corrupted by this losing atmosphere.

We should cut him right now just to make some of the people on this board happy. <_<

814490[/snapback]

With not very good seats! ;)

On WGR this morning, Thurman was on talking about the game.  He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds.  He is a 230 lb RB going up against a 190 lb. DB.  Go figure??  <_< 

I know I am going to upset the WM lovers, but this guy does not have breakaway speed and has no elusiveness.  When was the last time he made someone miss?  He is a straight ahead runner with some power.  There is nothing there to indicate the Bills should attempt to re-sign him because he will be difficult to replace.  He is on pace for 1200+ yards, 2-3 TD's and an average under 4 ypc.  Whoop-de-friggin-do!

814461[/snapback]

Yeah but so is the rest of the league. RB's as a whole have not been doing as well this year.

On WGR this morning, Thurman was on talking about the game.  He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds.  He is a 230 lb RB going up against a 190 lb. DB.  Go figure??  <_<  

I know I am going to upset the WM lovers, but this guy does not have breakaway speed and has no elusiveness.  When was the last time he made someone miss?  He is a straight ahead runner with some power.   There is nothing there to indicate the Bills should attempt to re-sign him because he will be difficult to replace.  He is on pace for 1200+ yards, 2-3 TD's and an average under 4 ypc.  Whoop-de-friggin-do!

814461[/snapback]

I was at the game, and our entire section was cursing him out, and the Pats fans were laughing. His quickness is sub standard (watch the RBs tonight for quickness), no breakaway speed whatsoever, and he's tiptoeing out of bounds? Give me a break!! This guy is as average as you get but Peter will rip you apart for criticizing his boyfriend.

All these holes that everyone wants our O-line to open up might actually appear if we had a better RB. The guy is neither fast, quick, or tough. He's as average as they come and I don't understand the people who defend his every move. Travis Henry was a better runner than WM (they both can't block or be a receiving threat out of the backfield).

But Mike Mularky was an idiot for taking him out on 3rd downs right? He was wrong for calling him out for dancing around the hole wasn't he?

My questions is why did Fairchild keep throwing WM at the heart of the line, rather than continue with the off-tackle, counter plays and some pitches? WM has the speed and a good straight-arm. If he had some decent blocking like in Miami, he could be devestaing. Remember, Thurmo had one of the best lines in NFL history *sigh* <_<

My questions is why did Fairchild keep throwing WM at the heart of the line, rather than continue with the off-tackle, counter plays and some pitches?  WM has the speed and a good straight-arm.  If he had some decent blocking like in Miami, he could be devestaing.  Remember, Thurmo had one of the best lines in NFL history *sigh*  <_<

814978[/snapback]

Because Fairchild never gameplans and pit players in position that best utilizes or play to the strength of our players; he just call plays and hope they work!

Because Fairchild never gameplans and pit players in position that best utilizes or play to the strength of our players; he just call plays and hope they work!

814992[/snapback]

I swear, I like the coach's pedigry, but he must think this is the Rams, he has to smell Lake Erie and get with the program he got!

I was at the game, and our entire section was cursing him out, and the Pats fans were laughing.  His quickness is sub standard (watch the RBs tonight for quickness), no breakaway speed whatsoever, and he's tiptoeing out of bounds? 

814952[/snapback]

Ok So I'm watching the rb's tonight. Tiki Barber looks great as always, but of course I've always said that. Hell I think barber is the best rb in the league. Still not impressed with Julius Jones at all, and tonight is no different. 30 yards into the 3rd quater 2.3ypc. Don't see any quickness there.

Ok So I'm watching the rb's tonight. Tiki Barber looks great as always, but of course I've always said that. Hell I think barber is the best rb in the league.  Still not impressed with Julius Jones at all, and tonight is no different. 30 yards into the 3rd quater 2.3ypc. Don't see any quickness there.

815013[/snapback]

You guys always pin WM's rushing on our O-line, take a look at Dallas' O-line! Geez, no comparison, those guys have been worse than any game we've played all year. Did you see JJ's speed and acceleration on the screen in the first half? Did you just see Brandon Jacobs run for the TD on the goaline? Did you see where he was hit initially? There is no way Willis would ever have got that TD.

You guys always pin WM's rushing on our O-line, take a look at Dallas' O-line!  Geez, no comparison, those guys have been worse than any game we've played all year.  Did you see JJ's speed and acceleration on the screen in the first half?  Did you just see Brandon Jacobs run for the TD on the goaline?  Did you see where he was hit initially?  There is no way Willis would ever have got that TD.

815021[/snapback]

Dallas has 2 very good wr's an all pro te, buffalo has an unproven #1 and robert royal. I dont know what you want here. Brandon Jacobs is a great short yardage back. It would be great to have a 1-2 bunch like that. I've been clamoring to have that for quite some time. Maybe you have my stance a little backwards. I dont think McGahee is a top 5 back but I would put him between 10-13. I dont put everything on the line and there are a lot of times McGahee drives me nuts, with stutter steps when he should hit the hole, but he's a good rb. I'm just tired of seeing good players run out of here. He's far from our biggest problem, and maybe it would be best served to get another good back in and copy the formula of teams like ne/sd/atl/nyg/no, who all have more then 1 good rb.

About the screen pass? He had a nice catch and run so did McGahee on the shovel pass on our 1st posession against ne. So what are you trying to get at there? That Julius Jones looked quicker running 20 yards then willis did running 50?

You guys always pin WM's rushing on our O-line, take a look at Dallas' O-line!  Geez, no comparison, those guys have been worse than any game we've played all year.  Did you see JJ's speed and acceleration on the screen in the first half?  Did you just see Brandon Jacobs run for the TD on the goaline?  Did you see where he was hit initially?  There is no way Willis would ever have got that TD.

815021[/snapback]

Jacobs is also a guy who is only on the team for that one purpose ... to get those 1-2 yards and thats it.

Just repeating what Thurman stated(and adding my opinion).  I guess a soon to be HoF'er doesn't know what he is talking about?  ;)

814569[/snapback]

Go back a few weeks, and look at the post I made, regarding comments Joe Ferguson made, to Joe Dellamieullure, concerning JP...Fergy was put through the ringer here, and now everyone is saying the same things that Fergy said...JP seems to lock onto receivers...what do guys like Ferguson and Thomas know? 0:)

Go back a few weeks, and look at the post I made, regarding comments Joe Ferguson made, to Joe Dellamieullure

815186[/snapback]

Joe D was on fire before the game on Sunday. At one point he wanted Ralph to give him a hundred grand to scout lineman -- said he would eat the money if he couldn't find TWO a year.

At first I thought he was drunk. After a few minutes I was considering giving him the money.