Mister Softee founder dies

rockpile

Growing up in Rochester, we always had "Skippy." He often (like mall Santas there was more than one) rode around on a three-wheeled type motorcycle, with the freezer in the back.

Down by the beach in Charlotte, we also had "Skeeter." There was only one of him, and he had a van...

That jingle song, for us as kids, was like the call of the Pied Piper to a city of rats.  :D 

news link

mister softee DOT com

Web site has a clip of the jingle. The last one of these I saw was in Greenwich Village at a festival a couple years ago.

701236[/snapback]

Odd that something bad should happen to someone who's not a Sabres' defenseman...

Growing up in Rochester, we always had "Skippy."  He often (like mall Santas there was more than one) rode around on a three-wheeled type motorcycle, with the freezer in the back.

Down by the beach in Charlotte, we also had "Skeeter."  There was only one of him, and he had a van...

701265[/snapback]

Skip? Didn't he kill his family with an ice-pick or something?

Let's see if anyone can catch this reference.

Never heard of Mister Softee.  Must be an east coast thing.  <_<

702430[/snapback]

It was good stuff Lana. As a kid, I remember hearing this distinct song that played from their trucks, and asking my parents to buy ice cream. It was soft, very similar to Carvel, or is that too an "East Coast thing?" :)

It was good stuff Lana. As a kid, I remember hearing this distinct song that played from their trucks, and asking my parents to buy ice cream. It was soft, very similar to Carvel, or is that too an "East Coast thing?"  :)

702433[/snapback]

Must be cause I haven't heard of that either. <_< Man, sounds like I'm missing out on some good ice cream! All though...we have some pretty good Tillimook ice cream out here. Are you guys able to get that out there? Not sure if they ship it out that far or not.

Must be cause I haven't heard of that either.  :doh:  Man, sounds like I'm missing out on some good ice cream!  All though...we have some pretty good Tillimook ice cream out here.  Are you guys able to get that out there?  Not sure if they ship it out that far or not.

702441[/snapback]

I've never heard of it...

Must be cause I haven't heard of that either.  :doh:  Man, sounds like I'm missing out on some good ice cream!  All though...we have some pretty good Tillimook ice cream out here.  Are you guys able to get that out there?  Not sure if they ship it out that far or not.

702441[/snapback]

It's Tillamook on Google.

where to find Tillamook ice cream

good picture of custard ice cream cones

Rochester's best

It was good stuff Lana. As a kid, I remember hearing this distinct song that played from their trucks, and asking my parents to buy ice cream. It was soft, very similar to Carvel, or is that too an "East Coast thing?"  :doh:

702433[/snapback]

Have you ever seen Patton Oswalt's stand up routine? He does a set about the Carvel ice cream cakes that has me in stiches everytime I see it.