Are you a cranky negative toss-bag  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a cranky negative toss-bag

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, what of it?
    • No, of course I'm @#$% not!!!
    • Um, what was the question again?

Hi all, I'm fairly new here & am quickly forming the opinion that a large number(if not a majority) of Bills fans are cranky, negative, opinionated, pessimistic, aggressive, toss-bags with little sense of fun or frivolity who take things way too seriously.

I live in Melbourne, Australia & am a huge Bills fan. I was nearly creaming my pants(is that too crude for this forum?) when I discovered The Stadium Wall.

Imagine my dismay when within a few days I find myself in arguments over innocuous statements,

come across countless people who you would think are from Miami by the way they slag off at everything Bills

& generally get the feeling that knocking things is the way to be.

Is it just me or is it a case of the 'squeaky wheel'?

You guys don't know how great you have it.

I dream of being able to go to a Bills game...even if we got thrashed.

Please leave me some encouraging thoughts...though I expect by the end of this I will be argued with, slagged off, insulted & generally told that my opinion is rubbish & that 'yours' is the only one worth having.

Gee, now look who is the negative one....AAARRRGGGHHH it's catching.

Thanks All :P

It's hard to have 'pollyanna' posts when the team is coming off a 5-11 season and seems to be making no progress to change their fortunes. Many of us have been Bills Fans for 20-30+ years. Though that doesn't make us qualified to be GM. I know for myself it makes me comfortable enough in my opinion, based on past expeirence, to challenge some of the decisions made at One Bills Drive.

"You guys don't know how great you have it." It is pretty cool to live in an NFL city. But it comes with a price tag. The tax money poured into The Ralph is a nice chunk of change. I think having tax dollars regulary going to the team creates a sense of entitlement. Ralph Wilson makes a ton of money off of WNY. His Stadium is repaired for him. Ticket sales, parking, beer and TV paying huge amounts to gain our attention so they can sell 30 second spots directed at us for millions of dollars that go straight to his pocket. His payroll is paid for by the TV contract. So when I as a fan feel I have the right to say something when the Bils don't bring in players to improve the team? I will.

I'm not saying that 'polly anna' posts have no place. There are people who love Marv being GM because it'a a familiar name that makes them comfortable. Just like many that wanted Haslett to be head coach or those who want Steve Tasker to coach the special teams. Again, that's fine. I disagree with those thoughts. It doesn't make me right and them wrong. It just means we think different. :P

I've taken to picking on everybody and everything. Why? No reason, really. Boredom. I do know enough to know that those guys at One Bills Drive probably know a lot more about the NFL than I do, and I know more about the NFL than those here who want to trade up to draft another rookie QB in round 1.

It's not always like this. At least I hope not.

Bills fans are cranky, negative, opinionated, pessimistic, aggressive, toss-bags with little sense of fun or frivolity who take things way too seriously.

Have 5 or 6 more VB's and all will be good. :P

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people on this board that are whingers. All in all, however, I think that you will enjoy this community as long as you do not take the whingers too seriously.

To whom it may concern down under...

Yes most bills fans on this forum are cranky and they may or may not have good reason for it. But i'm with you. I still think the bills are goin to be good this year and i'm excited about the moves being made. Its better than nothing. Truth may come out of error but never from confusion. Marv is putting his money on little known free agents but at least he is not going to be confused like mularkey obv was at the end of the season. Cheers buddy in aussieville... Hopefully we can be contagious with our forward optimistic thinking.

p.s i live in oregon and i have never been to a bills game.. i feel your pain.

Not everyone is a negative toss-bag....

I think were all just frustrated more then usual this off season.

You can listen to local sports talk radio at www.wgr550.com..(FYI)

Also, I came this first time I found this sight as well. I live 1 hr from the stadium so I don't feel your other pain....

Cheers Mate! Don't be a stranger!

The negativity has been here as long as I've read (since 2002, I think), but has definitely been getting worse the last couple years.

I was going to take your poll, but I couldn't tell if I was supposed to be answering " is this normal here?" or "Are you a cranky negative toss-bag."

By the way. What the heck is a whinger? A whiner? I've just started seeing this word with a G in it....

The negativity has been here as long as I've read (since 2002, I think), but has definitely been getting worse the last couple years.

I was going to take your poll, but I couldn't tell if I was supposed to be answering " is this normal here?" or  "Are you a cranky negative toss-bag."

By the way.  What the heck is a whinger?  A whiner?  I've just started seeing this word with a G in it....

642652[/snapback]

Its like being a poof or a wanker.

I think the negativity stems more out of frustration than anything else. Trust me, if we win the first 2 games the entire mood of the board will change. Of course, you'll still have a few idiots saying its only 2 games, they were bad opponents, or something like that. But I guess that's how it always goes.

It really seems to be worse this offseason than in the past. I'm not sure why. But believe me this is perhaps the most knowledgeable boards out there, you just have to weed through the crap. I've been coming for years, trust me you'll come to enjoy it. Just wait till the season starts!

I would stay away from this board after a loss if you think this is bad.

Seriously, there was a lot of hype and expectation before last season started.

Last season drained us all- can't you tell? Alot of people like myself are just reading, not posting much because of all the bashing recently. Hey TD and Malarky are gone, we are starting fresh- I will give the new regime a chance!!

Hi all, I'm fairly new here & am quickly forming the opinion that a large number(if not a majority) of Bills fans are cranky, negative, opinionated, pessimistic, aggressive, toss-bags with little sense of fun or frivolity who take things way too seriously.

I live in Melbourne, Australia & am a huge Bills fan. I was nearly creaming my pants(is that too crude for this forum?) when I discovered The Stadium Wall.

Imagine my dismay when within a few days I find myself in arguments over innocuous statements,

come across countless people who you would think are from Miami by the way they slag off at everything Bills

Please leave me some encouraging thoughts...though I expect by the end of this I will be argued with, slagged off, insulted & generally told that my opinion is rubbish & that 'yours' is the only one worth having.

Thanks All 0:)

642468[/snapback]

[/

quote]

just hang around it will get better . right now everyone thinks they know more than the brain trust and you did notice that they all work for Ralph now . now you know why there is only one coach and one gm and one owner and 6000 indians . no one here knows what the !@#$ they are talking about . they just belive that the point of view they have is 1000%right and you should jump on the band wagon they own . i am selling band wagons for $500 and if you PM me with you address i will send one out to you .

a winning season will get things back on track . welcome and hang tight, it is one hell of a ride right now some people here will get it right and they will be around to let you know they "was right " :devil:

Well, let me try to explain.

You see, we're a conflicted lot, really.

It's kind of a Hate-Hate relationship, if you know what I mean.

Quarterbacks

Half of the people here still love Drew Bledose.

The other half of them still hate his guts - or are just happy he's no longer here.

Half of the people here are in love with JP Losman.

The other half of them hate his guts - or are just happy to think he might not be here much longer.

General Managers

Half of the people here still think TD got a bum deal.

The other half of them still hate his guts - or are just happy he's no longer here.

Half of the people here still love Marv Levy.

The other half of them hate his guts - or are just happy to remember when he was Head Coach but can't fathom he's got anything left in the tank to be a GM.

Owners

Half of the people here still love Ralph Wilson.

The other half of them hate his guts - or are just happy to think that Tom Golisano might one day soon be the new owner of The Bills.

The Draft

Half of the people here still think The Draft is the most important way to build a team.

The other half of them hate rookies except those drafted in the top 10 spots.

Half of the people here think acquiring big name Free Agents is the most important way to build a team.

The other half of them hate the process that makes your favorite players turn into team-jumping whores.

The Uniforms

Half of the people here still think the best unis The Bills ever wore are the current Tom Donahoe era one.

The other half of them hate them with a passion and think the best unis were those of the Kelly vinatage years.

The Fans

Half of the people here think The Bills' fans are the most knowledgable football fans in the world.

The other half of them hate the dumb asses that are so knowledgable that consistently for the last three years they've been doing The Wave at The Ralph while our Offense has the ball. :devil:

Other Posters

Half of the people here think the posters on TBD have too much influence on the management of The Bills and hate them for it because it got Bledsoe and TD fired.

The other half of the people here think they don't have ENOUGH influence on the management of The Bills and hate them for it because they want to get their way - especially since their mommy took their binky away.

That about sums it up, I guess. Probably no two people are in the same group of halves.

But we certainly are an odd mix of half-lives. The dynamic is always changing. It's sort of like being back in High School, having an English class and the regular teacher's out and the substitue teacher leaves the room for the entire period thinking everything will be all right while they're gone, and in their absence people, well people misbehave a bit. Yeah. It's kinda like that. 0:)

The negativity of this place is maddening. Truthfully, the people who made this place special rarely post any more because of the bitter morons that have infiltrated TSW.

I'm sorry that new posters who might have an objective opinion have to witness the idiocy that has become prevalent here. Check the worst posts, and most of them are people with 20 or fewer posts.

Sorry if I rub a few the wrong way here with this post, but I have become quite disappointed at the stupidity and overall drop in collective IQ that I am witnessing.

I live in Melbourne, Australia & am a huge Bills fan.  I was nearly creaming my pants(is that too crude for this forum?) when I discovered The Stadium Wall. 

Thanks All  0:)

642468[/snapback]

You haven't seen anything, 5-6 years ago, this place, and most NFL message boards were a free for all. It is quite civil and organized here now and the negativity is toned down. Used to be A LOT of outright flaming and theats of violence against fellow posters and things of that nature, much of it stirred by anonymous unregistered posters and a fine young man named Hogboy.

One thing never changes though, people who complain about the board being too negative. The reality is that when the Bills are winning, it's all roses here, plenty of boasting and bravado and the sort. When they are losing, there is a lot of negativity and whining. The Bills haven't won much the past 6 seasons, so you will see a good deal of negative and rightly so. The object of the game is winning, it's hard to continually put a positive spin on not achieving the objective year after year.

Actually most everyone on this board ends up having their share of negative takes on the team. Often times, the "positive" ones are the ones who preach trust and faith in management, and when the team hits the field and stinks, THEN they want answers and instant retribution. The unexpected failure really gets them fired up. You will see a lot of posts with both anti-Donahoe sentiment and pro-Marv sentiment in the same few sentences this winter. To them, change is good, it allows them to put the blinders back on for 8 months and hope for the best again. They want to believe and don't like to have their belief questioned.

Personally, it's all good to me, but football is a hobby and I like to talk straight about it. That gets me in trouble with both sides. There are a lot of people reading who feel the same way, but they don't post much anymore.

I was going to take your poll, but I couldn't tell if I was supposed to be answering " is this normal here?" or  "Are you a cranky negative toss-bag."

By the way.  What the heck is a whinger?  A whiner?  I've just started seeing this word with a G in it....

642652[/snapback]

You are not used to the word as it usually follows the term 'Bloody Pom .......'. It is possible the term 'Whinging Pom' is the most common descriptive phrase in Oz.

0:)

Thanks All 0:)

Well, seems like you pretty much have it . Everything you said is basically true. that being said, welcome to the wall

Wow, this is great! You certainly have put a smile on my face. 0:)

I wasn't going to reply yet but I have noticed some confusion in terminologies.

O.K.....DIBS' DICTIONARY

Whinger..(though I don't think I wrote this one, it is an Aussie expresison)

=whiner, complainer

Wanker

=Masturbator(though not usually in the literal sense. More figurative in regards to what is being said or being done)...also tosser.

(therefore) Toss-bag

=scrotum or ball-sack

Poof/Poofter

=Homosexual(literal)...not macho(general)

Gridiron

=American Football

Footy

=Australian Rules Football

VB

=The type of beer that is drunk by Aussies who regularly use the words above.

example quote...

"Gridiron! That games played by a bunch of poofs, wankers running around in all that padding. We don't have that in Footy. Get us another VB luv."

As you can see, being a Football fan over here has it's downside.

You say "Cranky negative toss-bags" like it is a bad thing. 0:)

642628[/snapback]

What's a "toss-bag?"

Edit: the post above was posted as I was reading - thank you for the education, Toss-Bag.

Edited by slothrop

Alot of people like myself are just reading, not posting much because of all the bashing recently.

642679[/snapback]

I'm one of the above.

One of the biggest problems I see is that people can not agree to disagree with maturity. It has to result in name calling and insulting you mother. Which is sad, because a “good” argument can lead to insight and actually create more exciting topics to be discussed? If you can ignore the aforementioned posts, you'll find that this board can be very knowledgeable. Happy posting.

If the game ends and you're no longer drunk, it's not a real sport.

643120[/snapback]

Hence - cricket is amazing. You are guaranteed to still be drunk - it's at least 4 days of solid drinking.

Of course you are all focussed on the Test Match (5 day) version of the game. You are forgetting the One day game and the much much shorter 20/20 version, which lasts no longer than a football game.