Losman apologists unite!

I dont really consider myself a JPL apologist for supporting Losman but I am sure that is the label that I will be given.

I say right here right now....that Losman is going to win any training camp battle with either Holcomb OR anyone else that is brought in

I also say that he is going to be a much better player this year then he was last (and I thought last year that he showed MORE then just flashes of being a very good player last year)

I go back and I look at film and I saw rookie mistakes from a player who basically was in his first year.

When JPL had time in the pocket he was accurate, showed a rocket arm, good instincts, and he has wheels to get away from trouble.

We need to biuld a wall in front of him.....and he needs a safety valve (TE)

I dont really consider myself a JPL apologist for supporting Losman but I am sure that is the label that I will be given.

I say right here right now....that Losman is going to win any training camp battle with either Holcomb OR anyone else that is brought in

I also say that he is going to be a much better player this year then he was last (and I thought last year that he showed MORE then just flashes of being a very good player last year)

I go back and I look at film and I saw rookie mistakes from a player who basically was in his first year.

When JPL had time in the pocket he was accurate, showed a rocket arm, good instincts, and he has wheels to get away from trouble.

628885[/snapback]

AMEN Brother, I'm in.

I'll take a season of Losman behind a legit line to see if he really has it or not......last season was awash as it seems like we had half of UB's practice squad holding the fort down during times last season

628885[/snapback]

There is little doubt in my mind that JP will win the starting job (easily.) I also believe he will make major strides this year if he gets some protection and we establish our running game.

Royal is the key. i mean, who needs a Bentley, Shaffer or Hutchinson when you have a quality blocking tight end like Royal?

:P

628894[/snapback]

Or now Mawae, Hartwig and probably soon Runyan. Or Givens, Randel El, or any other WR once Moulds is gone.

It's allllllllllllllllllllllllll coming together now. Seeing that Royal is here to block, we lose Moulds 80 catches and replace them with Davis' 9. Laughable.

He's a loose cannon who doesnt play by the rules in a city of corruption!

Captain Becker: "JP, you caused over a million dollars in damage to City Hall! The Mayor wants my ass!"

JP: "Starks was scum and the diamonds are safe. And tell the Mayor I didnt vote for her."

<Cops Laugh>

Captain Becker: "Damn you, JP, I've only got six weeks to retirement!"

JP: "Use your Sick Days."

<Cops laugh>

Fade Out...

There is little doubt in my mind that JP will win the starting job (easily.)  I also believe he will make major strides this year if he gets some protection and we establish our running game.

628915[/snapback]

Maybe. He didn't do a whole lot with Wyche tutoring him. He needs to be cured of his "happy feet". Maybe Schonert and AVP can help him with that. I think Fairchild will need to keep things simple, like Pittsburgh did with Roethlisburger. I have to admit, I would prefer watching JP run to watching Bledsoe take the sack.

Maybe.  He didn't do a whole lot with Wyche tutoring him.  He needs to be cured of his "happy feet".  Maybe Schonert and AVP can help him with that.  I think Fairchild will need to keep things simple, like Pittsburgh did with Roethlisburger.  I have to admit, I would prefer watching JP run to watching Bledsoe take the sack.

628977[/snapback]

You'd have happy feet too if you had all of a one-potato count to set, read the field and deliver the ball before some 300 pound DL was ready to crush you.

You'd have happy feet too if you had all of a one-potato count to set, read the field and deliver the ball before some 300 pound DL was ready to crush you.

628982[/snapback]

And again, Holcomb seemed to do at least okay with that. The blind epileptic squirrel on the other hand seemed to have issues.

And again, Holcomb seemed to do at least okay with that.  The blind epileptic squirrel on the other hand seemed to have issues.

628989[/snapback]

Never mind that Losman was for all intents and purposes a rookie whereas Holcomb's been around the block for what, 10 seasons? And also, ignore the fact that their stats were virtually identical this year.

628982[/snapback]

The guy has happy feet. There were times were he could have stepped up in the pocket but chose to run. He had years of running for his life at Tulane and it has carried over to the NFL.

628982[/snapback]

I was in the barbershop that Marv goes to the other day.......... I heard we are gonna slide the protection, inside the pocket itself, over to Robert Royal and seal the backside with Shaud Williams so that JP can just set up shop behind Big Bob and have all day to throw.

I think he also said, and I said I think so don't get on me about my source, although it was right from Marv himself......as the clippers were cutting my hair on guard 3 that.......something to the effect of when it's 3 and less than 3 yards to go....Jauron is just going to have the offensive coordinator call out Royal Right or Royal Left, and we're going to pound Willis right up Big Bob's ass for the first down. This is provided that we don't obtain Reggie Wells from the Cardinals. In that case, Wells might also hear his number called too.

It's alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll coming together now. Gibbs will be one sorry coach come this fall when he sees what a bargain Royal turns out to be.

Never mind that Losman was for all intents and purposes a rookie whereas Holcomb's been around the block for what, 10 seasons? And also, ignore the fact that their stats were virtually identical this year.

629001[/snapback]

Ummm.... Since when is a QB completing 68% of his passes, and getting a QB rating of 86 the same as 48% completion and a rating of 64?

Secondly how many career starts does Holcomb have vs. Losman? I believe that Holcomb before last year only started about 13 games, so by your definition he is a rookie wannabe also.

Ummm.... Since when is a QB completing 68% of his passes, and getting a QB rating of 86 the same as 48% completion and a rating of 64?

Secondly how many career starts does Holcomb have vs. Losman?  I believe that Holcomb before last year only started about 13 games, so by your definition he is a rookie wannabe also.

629030[/snapback]

Don't be a tard. He may only have 13 starts, but he damn well played in more than 13 games, and you know it.

And experience means more than ANYTHING at the QB position.

And again, Holcomb seemed to do at least okay with that.  The blind epileptic squirrel on the other hand seemed to have issues.

628989[/snapback]

Let's see, we RAN the ball and threw short passes when KH was playing. We threw the ball...and ran long time consuming routes, to boot, when JP was in the game.

I still don't think JP had "happy feet". He's not afraid to run though. Rather have the statue?

Don't be a tard. He may only have 13 starts, but he damn well played in more than 13 games, and you know it.

And experience means more than ANYTHING at the QB position.

629034[/snapback]

No you're being the tard. Favre did well his second year in the league after not playing at all in his first with Atlanta.

It isn't about "experience" it's about ability and Losman doesn't have it.

And yet Holcomb was 4-4 and look at least okay behind that "terrible" line.

628976[/snapback]

Are you really going to attempt to give Holcomb the W for the KC game just because he was under center for the first snap of the game?

You also conveniently forget that 2 or Holcomb's 3 wins were the easiest two home games on the schedule. It boggles my mind that anybody is comfortable with Holcomb at QB or is willing to flush a first round draft pick down the toilet after 8 starts.

JP might not be the real deal but you have to play him to find out. There was nothing in his first 8 starts that jumped out and said he has no chance of succeeding. Actually it was just the opposite. He progressed from game to game and when given a little bit of time was able to make some big plays. That’s what most people says they want from a young QB. They’re willing to accept a guy that will make those dumb young QB mistakes as long as he counters it with some flashes that show us what he’s capable of. That is exactly what we got from JP last year.

Royal is the key. i mean, who needs a Bentley, Shaffer or Hutchinson when you have a quality blocking tight end like Royal?

628894[/snapback]

He sleeps with your woman one time and you won't let up Royal. Next, you'll be saying he can't catch the rock or he's cast-off from a team that is signing everyone who can breathe as a free-agent.

Robert Royal...... Andre Davis... Larry Tripplett.... I thought they were announcing the Pro-Bowl, not the Bills FA signings. These guys are awesome. Thank God Bellichek, Gibbs and Dungy have no ability to discern talented Professionals from those guys jumping at the first team that talks to them 'cuz they know they suck !!!

No you're being the tard.  Favre did well his second year in the league after not playing at all in his first with Atlanta. 

It isn't about "experience" it's about ability and Losman doesn't have it.

629048[/snapback]

Where to begin, where to begin?

Favre went to a team that had an OL, a HOF WR, a top-notch RB, a great TE and most importantly a coach that had a fekkign clue how to coach!

You're sounding more and more tard-like with your narrow focus on the QB position.

He sleeps with your woman one time and you won't let up Royal. Next, you'll be saying he can't catch the rock or he's cast-off from a team that is signing everyone who can breathe as a free-agent.

Robert Royal...... Andre Davis... Larry Tripplett.... I thought they were announcing the Pro-Bowl, not the Bills FA signings. These guys are awesome. Thank God Bellichek, Gibbs and Dungy have no ability to discern talented Professionals from those guys jumping at the first team that talks to them 'cuz they know they suck !!!

629055[/snapback]

muahaha

Where to begin, where to begin?

Favre went to a team that had an OL, a HOF WR, a top-notch RB, a great TE and most importantly a coach that had a fekkign clue how to coach!

You're sounding more and more tard-like with your narrow focus on the QB position.

629059[/snapback]

Can you even tell me who was on that team?

Since when is Jackie Harris a great TE?

Also Sharpe had his best year that year, how much because of Favre?

Also, it was Holgrens rookie year as a coach.

629055[/snapback]

Not to mention the ever confident 1 year deal to Andre Davis. Here is a guy, supposedly, that the whole league is an idiot in not knowing about, and that had no other visits scheduled, but we found. A gem. Diamond in the rough. Speed Demon. Wait, is this Jason Peters ummmmmmmmm no, it's still Davis.

How sold are we on this guy? 1 yr deal. Ummmmmmmmm, yeah. With him catching (for 1 year), and Big Bob blocking..............well, all I can say is...............

"WHO WANTS SOME OF OUR BILLS RIGHT NOW?"

Can you even tell me who was on that team?

Since when is Jackie Harris a great TE?

Also Sharpe had his best year that year, how much because of Favre?

Also, it was Holgrens rookie year as a coach.

629074[/snapback]

1)Hate to break it to you, Norman, but Harris was a better TE than any TE on the Bills roster last year.

2)Please.

3)Still doesn't change the fact that he knew what the hell he was doing.

1)Hate to break it to you, Norman, but Harris was a better TE than any TE on the Bills roster last year.

2)Please.

3)Still doesn't change the fact that he knew what the hell he was doing.

629079[/snapback]

Ummmm.. I don't argue that Harris was better then anyone we have, but that doesn't make him great, it just means we suck at that position. Well that one and a lot of others.

There is little doubt in my mind that JP will win the starting job (easily.)  I also believe he will make major strides this year if he gets some protection and we establish our running game.

628915[/snapback]

Careful now, don't go TOO far out on that proverbial limb! :P

>>>There is little doubt in my mind that JP will win the starting job (easily.)<<<

Well, we gave up spots in round one, and handed over a 2nd and a 5th to get him. After 2 years, he sucks. Holcomb is a 10 year backup. Yeah, it WOULD be nice for him to win the job (for a change).

>>>I also believe he will make major strides this year if he gets some protection and we establish our running game.<<<

I think that cablelady would make major strides at qb under the conditions that you list. :P

Move back to NY, OK?

Careful now, don't go TOO far out on that proverbial limb!  :P

>>>There is little doubt in my mind that JP will win the starting job (easily.)<<<

Well, we gave up spots in round one, and handed over a 2nd and a 5th to get him. After 2 years, he sucks. Holcomb is a 10 year backup. Yeah, it WOULD be nice for him to win the job (for a change).

>>>I also believe he will make major strides this year if he gets some protection and we establish our running game.<<<

I think that cablelady would make major strides at qb under the conditions that you list.  :P

Move back to NY, OK?

629124[/snapback]

I'm out on that limb, Billy-boy. More later

Careful now, don't go TOO far out on that proverbial limb!  :lol:

I think that cablelady would make major strides at qb under the conditions that you list.  :P

Move back to NY, OK?

629124[/snapback]

You can't possibly be serious!!!!

(About wanting The Dean to move back to NY, that is. :lol: )

JP will shine as the Bills' starter, and Eric Moulds will be one of his favorite targets - remember where ya heard it first.

19 and 0, baby. :P

John - I am glad you looked at the film - I never keep losses and I really regret it this year since I would have liked to have been able to evaluate JP a bit. But, my take is similar to yours.

So, yep, I am an apologist.

I still am furious that JP did not play in week 17. he needed the G-Damn work

F-ing Mularkey