Free 7 Rd Computer Draft

1gap2gap

Laugh all you want, but Moss is a Steve Smith CLONE.  Guaranteed.  He's no Roscoe Parrish.  He'll be gone by the end of the First Round in any event.

599402[/snapback]

I'm not laughing at Sinorice Moss. I have seen the kid play i college and i know hes a gamer, and a game breaker. I was laughing at the prospect of the board's reaction if we drafted him in the 2nd. (I for one dont see that as a bad pick, but 95% of people on here will complain because he a small WR)

I'm not laughing at Sinorice Moss. I have seen the kid play i college and i know hes a gamer, and a game breaker. I was laughing at the prospect of the board's reaction if we drafted him in the 2nd. (I for one dont see that as a bad pick, but 95% of people on here will complain because he a small WR)

599434[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with his size but I do have a problem with the Miami program in general.

They send out a lot of underachievers from that program. Guys who show up for the 1 st year and last year of their contracts and get hurt alot in between.

Not much heart comming from that program a lot of flash but not much action. IMO

Using that Draft (and the available players at each of the Bills selections), I'd draft:

1) Haloti Ngata, DT from Oregon

2) Taitusi Lutui, OG from USC

3) Dominique Byrd, TE from USC

3) Andrew Whitworth, OT from LSU

4) Anwar Phillips, CB from Penn State

5) Bruce Gradkowski, QB from Toledo

6) Cedric Humes, RB from Virginia Tech

7) Donovan Raiola, OC from Wisconsin

I agree with the Ngata and Byrd pick. I dont think TE is that big of a priority since I'm willing to give Everett a shot, but if Byrd slips to our third round pick, I'd love to have him.

I LOVE this draft.....

But only if we sign a LOT of big time O-Lineman in FA.

I absolutely love the idea of having Sinorce Moss and Dominique Byrd on this team. But that's a pipe dream after both of their Senior Bowl performances. Moss will be picked in Round 1 and Byrd in Round 2.

People can laugh all they want about Moss and his size. But I don't care how tall our WR's are. If they can burn and catch the ball, they can all be 3 feet tall for all I care. Moss is the real deal. He looks amazing!

I don't see Carolina complaining about having "tiny WR's" Steve Smith and Keary Colbert on the same team.

I don't have a problem with his size but I do have a problem with the Miami program in general.

They send out a lot of underachievers from that program. Guys who show up for the 1 st year and last year of their contracts and get hurt alot in between.

Not much heart comming from that program a lot of flash but not much action. IMO

599439[/snapback]

I'm not a huge Miami fan but that statement is a little off. They put like 20 guys in the NFL every year and some are gonna miss. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Shockey, James, Wayne, Morgan, and on and on.

I'm not a huge Miami fan but that statement is a little off.  They put like 20 guys in the NFL every year and some are gonna miss.  Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Shockey, James, Wayne, Morgan, and on and on.

599496[/snapback]

Your living in a dream. :lol::lol:

599439[/snapback]

Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Bubba Franks, Edgerrin James, Jeremy Shocky, Philip Buchanon, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Najeh Davenport, Andre Johnson, Jerome McDougle, Willis McGahee, William Joseph, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams and Vince Wilfork.

These are all active players in the NFL right now. This is a list of 20 guys who I would have no problem if they were on the Bills. They might have the collective intelligence of a rock but they are the real deal. I did include Winslow even though he is an idiot and didn't play, because he will be an excellent TE for years to come. That is if he can stay away from stupid stunts, which is not a given.

Ray Lewis, Dan Morgan, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Bubba Franks, Edgerrin James, Jeremy Shocky, Philip Buchanon, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Najeh Davenport, Andre Johnson, Jerome McDougle, Willis McGahee, William Joseph, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams and Vince Wilfork.

These are all active players in the NFL right now. This is a list of 20 guys who I would have no problem if they were on the Bills. They might have the collective intelligence of a rock but they are the real deal. I did include Winslow even though he is an idiot and didn't play, because he will be an excellent TE for years to come. That is if he can stay away from stupid stunts, which is not a given.

599526[/snapback]

Your own paragragh proves my point. I just bet if you had to shell out the money for these clowns you would think differently. I see about four names on that list that haven't been in trouble with the law and maybe two that have shown up for the full length of their contracts. You guys are easy. You just proved my point. Go find some other names. It won't change.

Your own paragragh proves my point.  I just bet if you had to shell out the money for these clowns you would think differently.  I see about four names on that list that haven't been in trouble with the law and maybe two that have shown up for the full length of their contracts.  You guys are easy. You just proved my point. Go find some other names.  It won't change.

599534[/snapback]

Lewis and Taylor are the only two that have gotten into serious trouble with the law and I would take either of them in a heart beat. As for injuries, I don't think there are more injuries than normal out of this group as compared to the rest of the NFL.

If you don't like the Hurricanes, fine, but don't try to dismiss the current crop of players they have in the NFL because of it. What other college has even come close to producing this many excellent current players?

If we were to address the O-Line heavily in FA (I.E. Backus and Bentley), how could this draft be horrible?

I see where you're getting at. But if we sign O-Lineman; Haloti Ngata, Sinorcie Moss, and Dominique Byrd is a DAMN good draft.

599524[/snapback]

Yeah, let's see what we get in FA, but even then I'd rather thaey draft more Linemen on both sides of the ball than WRs and DBs

Lewis and Taylor are the only two that have gotten into serious trouble with the law and I would take either of them in a heart beat. As for injuries, I don't think there are more injuries than normal out of this group as compared to the rest of the NFL.

If you don't like the Hurricanes, fine, but don't try to dismiss the current crop of players they have in the NFL because of it. What other college has even come close to producing this many excellent current players?

599546[/snapback]

Please ! Your giving me a friggin headache. Get your head out of your hind quarters. I'm not even go to try to get you to grow up and see these players for what they are. Try seaching there names and paying attention to what they really do in real life. You really think that this is a clean program and these guys are good citizens? Lewis and Taylor are the tip of the iceburg.

Please ! Your giving me a friggin headache.  Get your head out of your hind quarters. I'm not even go to try to get you to grow up and see these players for what they are. Try seaching there names and paying attention to what they really do in real life.  You really think that this is a clean program and these guys are good citizens? Lewis and Taylor are the tip of the iceburg.

599563[/snapback]

As a Bills and Va Tech hokies fan, I hate everything that comes out of the city of Miami but even I can agree that you sir, are a moron.

Ray Lewis... two time defensive player of the year, super bowl MVP and one of the best MLBs of all time.

Ed Reed...defensive player of the year 2004-05 in his second season

E. James...super productive and has been a top 5 back virtually ever year he's been in the league

J. Vilma... could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he lead the NFL in tackles last season as a second year guy, also made the probowl. He has a chance to be as good as Lewis.

J. Shockey... stat wise was the second best tight end in the NFL last year and when he has been healthy is one of the premier TE's in the game.

Not to mention there are more than a handfull of others on that list that I would put in a Bills Uni in a heartbeat.... D.J. Williams, Wilfork, A. Johnson, and even S. Taylor

599526[/snapback]

You are absolutely correct.

Don't even try to reason with some of the guys on this board who make accusations without the facts to support what they are saying.

As a Bills and Va Tech hokies fan, I hate everything that comes out of the city of Miami but even I can agree that you sir, are a moron.

Ray Lewis... two time defensive player of the year, super bowl MVP and one of the best MLBs of all time.

Ed Reed...defensive player of the year 2004-05 in his second season

E. James...super productive and has been a top 5 back virtually ever year he's been in the league

J. Vilma... could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he lead the NFL in tackles last season as a second year guy, also made the probowl.  He has a chance to be as good as Lewis.

J. Shockey... stat wise was the second best tight end in the NFL last year and when he has been healthy is one of the premier TE's in the game.

Not to mention there are more than a handfull of others on that list that I would put in a Bills Uni in a heartbeat.... D.J. Williams, Wilfork, A. Johnson, and even S. Taylor

599614[/snapback]

And still you do not search their names and look at their police files. Moron that I am I'm still smart enough to have more brains then to just give one side of the story. Look at all sides before you call someone a moron.

You are absolutely correct.

Don't even try to reason with some of the guys on this board who make accusations without the facts to support what they are saying.

599621[/snapback]

Just go ahead and search the names. What are you all so afraid of? The truth!

Reason with yourselves. Or try too.

Hmm...and who would play quarterback? Testaverde?

599434[/snapback]

I too see Moss as a wise pick. The Bills need all the small receivers they can get. Picks like this helped us arrive at where we are now.

I would like to see Moss line up opposite Parrish. Here would be a good choice for a slot receiver. Perhaps we could steal him in round 3 with one of our early picks!

Just go ahead and search the names. What are you all so afraid of? The truth!

Reason with yourselves. Or try too.

599745[/snapback]

You are very good at making broad accusations without any facts. You are just plain wrong. UM is no worse or better than any big time football program on this issue.

The facts are that UM has produced some outstanding football players. The names mentioned in previous posts are players that I would love to have on the Bills.

One name that I do not think was mentioned is Frank Gore. Last year, he left UM after his junior year to turn pro knowing that he probably would have improved his draft standing if he stayed for his senior year.

Why did he leave school early?

He left school early because his mother is sick and needs a kidney transplant and dialysis. He wanted to be able to pay for his mother's medical care.

Go ahead and spout off and pretend that you know what you are talking about if it makes you feel better.

The offensive line will be great with a Round 6 Offensive Tackle from Weber State. I love us taking Jason Allen from Tennessee, but not until we deal with the O-line.

599453[/snapback]

Jason Allen would be a steal....only problem is it was a bad injury he suffered in that Georgia game.

Using that Draft (and the available players at each of the Bills selections), I'd draft:

1)  Haloti Ngata, DT from Oregon

2)  Taitusi Lutui, OG from USC

3)  Dominique Byrd, TE from USC

3)  Andrew Whitworth, OT from LSU

4)  Anwar Phillips, CB from Penn State

5)  Bruce Gradkowski, QB from Toledo

6)  Cedric Humes, RB from Virginia Tech

7)  Donovan Raiola, OC from Wisconsin

I agree with the Ngata and Byrd pick.  I dont think TE is that big of a priority since I'm willing to give Everett a shot, but if Byrd slips to our third round pick, I'd love to have him.

599484[/snapback]

I like this draft, looks good.

Didn't Jim Kelly go to Miami?

Yeah.  That guy was an idiot with a long police record. 

:angry:

599866[/snapback]

I guess you don't remember Jim Kelly when he was young. Most of us on the board Do.

Jim turned out ok and turned himself around but it was a struggle. Even he admits that.

You are very good at making broad accusations without any facts.  You are just plain wrong.  UM is no worse or better than any big time football program on this issue.

The facts are that UM has produced some outstanding football players.  The names mentioned in previous posts are players that I would love to have on the Bills.

One name that I do not think was mentioned is Frank Gore.  Last year, he left UM after his junior year to turn pro knowing that he probably would have improved his draft standing if he stayed for his senior year. 

Why did he leave school early? 

He left school early because his mother is sick and needs a kidney transplant and dialysis.  He wanted to be able to pay for his mother's medical care.

Go ahead and spout off and pretend that you know what you are talking about if it makes you feel better.

599880[/snapback]

So I guess what you are saying is --that you did not read my original post and have no idea what I am talking about. Way to jump in and spout off. :angry:

So I guess what you are saying is --that you did not read my original post and have no idea what I am talking about.  Way to jump in and spout off.  :pirate:

600031[/snapback]

This is what you said buddy:

This is what you said buddy:

600202[/snapback]

So now make your point buddy !!!

Not once did I say that EVERY SINGLE PERSON DRAFTED FROM THIS PROGRAM HAS PROBLEMS.

So now pick out somebody else that is a good person.

The fact is this program sends A LOT of kids to the NFL that underachieve, and don't show up for their entire contract and lack heart.

OK BUDDY!!! Got the picture now.

A general statement that is correct if any of you bother to do a search on some of the players that have been mention by you guys who are all upset over a truthful statement. BUDDY!

Frank Gore may or may not be a good person but I am talking about more then one player.

You guys kill me. You come up with Frank Gore as an aurgument. What round was he picked in? How could he be an underachiever when he was hurt all the time in college and now has been hurt in the pro's also?

What does Frank Gore have to do with this post. How could he be considered and underachiver. nobody expects anything from Frank Gore except for him to stop getting injured. OK BUDDY!!!! :pirate:

So now make your point buddy !!!

Not once did I say that EVERY SINGLE PERSON DRAFTED FROM THIS PROGRAM HAS PROBLEMS.

So now pick out somebody else that is a good person.

The fact is this program sends A LOT of kids to the NFL that underachieve, and don't show up for their entire contract and lack heart.

OK BUDDY!!! Got the picture now.

A general statement that is correct if any of you bother to do a search on some of the players that have been mention by you guys who are all upset over a truthful statement.  BUDDY!

Frank Gore may or may not be a good person but I am talking about more then one player.

You guys kill me. You come up with Frank Gore as an aurgument.  What round was he picked in? How could he be an underachiever when he was hurt all the time in college and now has been hurt in the pro's also?

What does Frank Gore have to do with this post. How could he be considered and underachiver. nobody expects anything from Frank Gore except for him to stop getting injured. OK BUDDY!!!!  :pirate:

600255[/snapback]

Hey buddy, name each of the individual players who are "underachievers" and have "no heart" and get "hurt a lot" upon which you base your indictment of the "Miami program in general."

Hey buddy, name each of the individual players who are "underachievers" and have "no heart" and get "hurt a lot" upon which you base your indictment of the "Miami  program in general."

600281[/snapback]

dont bother with him. Every time you bring up a valid point, all he says in "you dont understand my post", or re-read the thread. Coming up with a valid reasonable arguement isnt one of his strong suits.

There are more successful NFL players from Miami in recent history than from any other school (probably combined, lol). Whether or not they are on police reports they seem to do pretty well on the field.

600273[/snapback]

I think it all comes down to the meaning of the word "succesfull" I do not consider a player from any program who is on a loosing team and has a police record but he is named to the pro bowl-- as succesfull. I do not consider a player that shows up for his first year of his contract and the last year of his contract and has great stats - makes a big killing in free agency and is never heard from again except in police reports --- to be succesfull.

There are a lot of VERY good players that have been succesful and have come out of the Miami program and there are a lot of players who have come from this program and have underachived and been an embassement to this program and the Miami Alumni who are good people.

The statement was a general statement that did not mention specifics except to say "A lot"

The Miami program as FSU, TENN, Florida, Texas and on and on and on have sent very talented underachievers to the NFL. They have also all sent excellent players who have overachieved as well. I am here to say that it is the responsiblitiy of the player drafted to be a success in the NFL. Miami has a very talented program but you have to be very careful because there are a lot of players from this program that underachieve and are bad citizens.

Now I want all of you Miami guys to look in the mirror and realise that the program is not perfect. Can you do that ? It is not a reflection on you at all. Do not include yourself in my general statement of the Miami program if it does not apply to you.

Just doing well on the field is not enough any more. What's the next step- every Sunday we let all the players who have committed crimes out for the day so they can play the game?