Goodbye Paul Maguire

Rico

Yeah, he may suck, but he's an ex-Bill... an ex-AFL Champion Bill.

Happy trails. ;)

548067[/snapback]

Not to worry. He still has "the longest running sports talk show on cable TV". Uhhhhhhhhhh, oh yeah...on second thought, never mind.

R.I.P., Empire and PM's career.

i couldn't take it during the game when Maguire, Theisman, and Patrick were reminiscing about their time together and started washing each others balls

548089[/snapback]

I take it they were washing with their tongues? ;)

Yikes, how do you really feel about the guy? I've always liked Maguire, just my opinion.

A lot of people talk about the football commentators they don't like.

I was just wondering, does anyone on this board have a football commentator they do like?

Yikes, how do you really feel about the guy? I've always liked Maguire, just my opinion.

I was just wondering, does anyone on this board have a football commentator they do like?

548133[/snapback]

I guess you and I are in the minority! I like Maguire too! I think he is genuinely funny at times, and he still knows the game better than a lot of them.... I hated Madden his last few years on FOX, but it was more because of Summerall, who was just getting real bad. I think Madden and Michaels were pretty good together on MNF....

Maguire hopped on the Madden "every guy is the best" bandwagon. This guy "is the best weak side, FB out-of-the-backfield-covering linebacker in the league today!" He was gushing all over himself yesterday and even went so far as to say that Marshal Faulk was the smartest RB in the game, EVER!. WTF?? I don't think he has good knowledge of the game, he covers up his lack of anything to say with the "he's the best" crap.

Theisman, well, it doesn't get much worse. Maybe Joe Namath on the sidelines but thats about it.

Patrick couldn't identify his mother on the 50 yard line.

RTB

The guy I feel bad for is Al Michaels who is a world class announcer being saddled with a world class babbling idiot and ball washer....Joe Theismann.  :blink:

548498[/snapback]

Theisman's actually not a half-bad analyst. His biggest problem is he's a babbling idiot who says half as much as anyone else with twice as much talking. Theisman would be a lot better if he would learn the fine art of shutting the !@#$ up once and a while.

Macguire was an idiot as well...but amusing as hell to listen to. I'll miss him.

I liked PM.  He added humor but he does gush too much.  Actually, ESPN in general gushes too much.  JT, on the other hand, is a babbling idiot and often doesn't think before he speaks.  Or maybe he's just plain stupid.

548743[/snapback]

didn't the fact that he was wrong nearly 100% of the time tend to annoy you? All this "great plays" that he added color commentary for always showed something different on replay, while that moron is shouting "Watch this! <insert observation that never happened>".

didn't the fact that he was wrong nearly 100% of the time tend to annoy you? All this "great plays" that he added color commentary for always showed something different on replay, while that moron is shouting "Watch this! <insert observation that never happened>".

548753[/snapback]

And he did so in grand fashion last night as well. I won't miss hearing him, but I especially won't miss seeing him in hi-def.

I guess you and I are in the minority! I like Maguire too! I think he is genuinely funny at times, and he still knows the game better than a lot of them.... I hated Madden his last few years on FOX, but it was more because of Summerall, who was just getting real bad.  I think Madden and Michaels were pretty good together on MNF....

548169[/snapback]

I love the guy. I mean I love Steve Tasker too, but I ALWaYs thought that Paul M. was a quality announcer. Steve is still not ready for Prime. But any ex-Bill is fun to listen to doing a Bills game. And it is still about being fun...

When he's on I watch the game with the sound off. I can not stand how he announces as if the listener is the head coach of the team always telling us what we are doing wrong. Hell, I just turned on the TV. I'm not the coach or GM.

I am so glad he's off the tube. Now his buddy Joe is going to hose MNF next year on ESPN.

I always liked Paul McGuire, not because I thought he was a quality analyst, but because he seemed to prove that the guys I watch the games with and drink beer with can probably break down a game as well as the next guy.

He never seemed better or worse than the guys next to me sitting at the Ralph.

548133[/snapback]

I've always liked Kirk Herbstrei for college ball

NFL, its a bit harder to pick one...I like listening to AVP, but for national broadcast there arent many commentators that I really enjoy listening to, I'd have to say Al Michaels if he could get a good sidekick

Guest BackInDaDay

But did you know that Moorman is really the demonic offspring of Maguire and an adoring mule. Treat Paul kindly. :unsure:

Maguire hopped on the Madden "every guy is the best" bandwagon. This guy "is the best  weak side, FB out-of-the-backfield-covering linebacker in the league today!" He was gushing all over himself yesterday and even went so far as to say that Marshal Faulk was the smartest RB in the game, EVER!.  WTF??  I don't think he has good knowledge of the game, he covers up his lack of anything to say with the "he's the best" crap.

Theisman, well, it doesn't get much worse. Maybe Joe Namath on the sidelines but thats about it.

Patrick couldn't identify his mother on the 50 yard line.

RTB

548318[/snapback]

Well said. BTW, did anybody hear Theisman last night say that Bledsoe's pocket presence was reminiscent of Dan Marino?! :unsure: