Jim Nance predicts Texans will beat the Bills

1billsfan

...is not a popular guy in the locker room. Apparently too cocky for some of the players. This is the first time I heard of this. What, the team would rather have a comatose guy like Bledsoe back?? I see a guy like Brady all sorts of fired up on the sidelines during games, this is the kind of QB I want on our team. Someone who gives a damn. If a player has a problem with Losman they should send him packing already. Especially if he's letting it be known to Peter King!

I've been listening to NYC's WFAN and I thought I'd pass along those two tidbits.

Last note, Nance better have the balls to call this on his dumb pregame show.

...is not a popular guy in the locker room. Apparently too cocky for some of the players. This is the first time I heard of this. What, the team would rather have a comatose guy like Bledsoe back?? I see a guy like Brady all sorts of fired up on the sidelines during games, this is the kind of QB I want on our team. Someone who gives a damn. If a player has a problem with Losman they should send him packing already. Especially if he's letting it be known to Peter King!

I've been listening to NYC's WFAN and I thought I'd pass along those two tidbits.

435229[/snapback]

Hmmmm, Dr. Z was saying the whole JP thing a couple of weeks ago....don't suppose they pool their "player notes..."?

435229[/snapback]

I don't buy the b.s. that the players hate JP. That's as assine as a comment can get.

Nance doesn't work that pre-game show anymore. He and Greg switched places last year.

435229[/snapback]

Even if this is true, it will change if he proves his worth on the field. When you are highly confident and unproven, you are cocky. When you are highly confident and successful on the field you are a good leader. Some veterans probably dislike being bossed around by someone who has not had success at this level...yet.

435229[/snapback]

I dont need JP to win any freaking popularity contest I just want him to help the team win football games. I would hope if there is an issue in the locker room that MM has already heard about it and put a damn stop to the nonsense. BTW didnt look like Marcia and Cory were on great terms last night.

435229[/snapback]

JP will be extremely popular after a few good games. This is not a concern imo.

As far as sending players "packing," how about we keep all travel arrangements on hold until we find out if the kid can play football in the NFL?

Just a thought. :lol:

I find it funny that these guys who are much farther removed from our team than even the local Buffalo and Rochester beat reporters have all this "inside" info that leaks in these little articles and blurbs around the country. Did Drew tell him this based on last year or something?

I find it funny that these guys who are much farther removed from our team than even the local Buffalo and Rochester beat reporters have all this "inside" info that leaks in these little articles and blurbs around the country. Did Drew tell him this based on last year or something?

435247[/snapback]

There (imo) is no way to tell whether or not this is true. There is no reason not to believe that resentment and personality issues arise on every team. Human nature, ya know?

As I said, a few wins and it is a big happy family. A bad start could mean the opposite, but am not concerned about this article.

435229[/snapback]

I really find that surprising that the national media are saying that, but we haven't heard anything like that from the local guys that are hanging out with the team all the time. You would think that Jerry Sullivan would jump all over that and B word about what kind of jerk TD brought in this time.

435247[/snapback]

No, PK read it in Zim's column and parroted the same line as though he had some kind of inside scoop. The only scoop he ever gets is an extra scoop of Ben & Jerry's.

OK...so what?

So what if Jim Nance picked the Texans? He's from Houston. The Texans are improving, and will probably make it a close game (I said 21-16 Bills in another thread).

So what if J.P. comes off as cocky in the locker room? If he is the next coming of Jim Kelly, no one will say anything about this in two years. I remember Kelly being pretty cocky too...but he evolved into a great QB and team leader.

Mike

OK...so what?

So what if Jim Nance picked the Texans?  He's from Houston.  The Texans are improving, and will probably make it a close game (I said 21-16 Bills in another thread).

So what if J.P. comes off as cocky in the locker room?  If he is the next coming of Jim Kelly, no one will say anything about this in two years.  I remember Kelly being pretty cocky too...but he evolved into a great QB and team leader.

Mike

435262[/snapback]

Exactly. And if he sucks there will be grumbling and calls for Holcombe.

Nothing new.

435229[/snapback]

I don't think it was Peter King, it was reputed to be Dr. Z with the statement about Losman.

I've read the SI article. It wasn't Dr. Z either. It was in a statement made by an unnamed opposing coach who said that the reports out of Tulane claimed Losman was too cocky and not well liked. So this has grown to a rumor on top of a rumor from unattributed sources concerning a state of affairs that MAY have existed two years ago when JP was still in college.

As a reporter myself, I'd like to think Peter King wouldn't make such a comment unless he heard it from at least two players seperately. And I'm not talking about some second-string defensive guys who really have no idea what is happening with J.P. That said, there is no way to tell how King came up with such an opinion.

All I KNOW is that several of the players and coaches have said some nice things about J.P. And J.P. seems to say the right things in the press.

I find it all hard to believe because I think there are enough leaders on this team who would gladly put J.P. in his place if they felt he needed it.

OK...so what?

So what if Jim Nance picked the Texans?  He's from Houston.  The Texans are improving, and will probably make it a close game (I said 21-16 Bills in another thread).

So what if J.P. comes off as cocky in the locker room?  If he is the next coming of Jim Kelly, no one will say anything about this in two years.  I remember Kelly being pretty cocky too...but he evolved into a great QB and team leader.

Mike

435262[/snapback]

Relax man...no need to get cocky.

BTW, I think Nance is from New Jersey.

Was on a Steeler board earlier in the week and they're saying some reports say the Steeler team thinks Rothlisberger is too cocky and not liked in the locker room. When the team starts winning you won't hear a thing about it, even if it is true.

The city of Buffalo will find it hard to root for a cocky QB, don't you think? :lol:

I don't think it was Peter King, it was reputed to be Dr. Z with the statement about Losman.

I've read the SI article.  It wasn't Dr. Z either.  It was in a statement made by an unnamed opposing coach who said that the reports out of Tulane claimed Losman was too cocky and not well liked.  So this has grown to a rumor on top of a rumor from unattributed sources concerning a state of affairs that MAY have existed two years ago when JP was still in college.

435268[/snapback]

Peter King said it on the Mike and Mad Dog show (WFAN in NYC) this afternoon. Telling me I was wrong is pretty cocky fella.

:lol:

...is not a popular guy in the locker room. Apparently too cocky for some of the players.

435229[/snapback]

I'm not sure why this type of info is newsworthy or would surprise anyone. I'm sure there are cliques in every locker room and there are players who rarely speak to each other. I'm not saying it's to the level of TO & McNabb, but I'm sure it exists.

To think that in order to be successful, teams must have 53 players who hold hands and sing kumbaya is far fetched. All the HC needs to do, is keep it from getting out of control like what is happening in Philly.

...is not a popular guy in the locker room.

435229[/snapback]

Could be a cleanliness thing....maybe personal hygiene and grooming...I mean if I had hair--I wouldn't wear a mop like that.

A pro athlete being cocky and possibly not liked by all his teammates...pick me up off the floor.

One reminder--arguably our best QB in the post Kelly era (not saying much) was a short, evil, sub-plotting little madman who wore the same number as JP. :lol::lol:

By the way, Nance played for Syracuse in college. He was a Pat (and later a Jet) in the NFL. And his listed hometown is Indiana, PA.

435285[/snapback]

You sure you're not talking about this guy?

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1970+Kelloggs/8

I have no idea what CBS broadcaster Jim Nance's background is. But from the interviews I've seen of him (e.g., on Leno once), he's more interested in doing golf and the Winter Olympics than NFL Football. Thus, I would never take his predictions--which are probably hand-fed to him by someone else--seriously.

You sure you're not talking about this guy?

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1970+Kelloggs/8

I have no idea what CBS broadcaster Jim Nance's background is. But from the interviews I've seen of him (e.g., on Leno once), he's more interested in doing golf and the Winter Olympics than NFL Football. Thus, I would never take his predictions--which are probably hand-fed to him by someone else--seriously.

435327[/snapback]

:lol: My bad. Thanks for the correction. :lol:

All this talk about JP's unpopularity make me think of the old campfire story analogy--the same damn "arrogant" comments from the 2004 draft keeps getting passed around from reporter to reporter to TV host etc., and none of these guys have ever come to training camp, talked to any Bills players, or done a shread of background work to see if it's true.

Thank God we'll have real football games to talk about after Sunday.

I wiped up stuff more important than Jim Nantz off of my bathroom floor this AM. Who gives a crap what he thinks about anything? My hooker's pimp said that the Bills are going to win by 17 on Sunday. That's just as credible of a prediction.

Peter King said it on the Mike and Mad Dog show (WFAN in NYC) this afternoon. Telling me I was wrong is pretty cocky fella.

:lol:

435288[/snapback]

Looks like he was repeating drivel and using the SI column as a source. Which I think is entirely possible in his case( I don't respect his work ).