Kelly Holcomb!

Frez

If his ego is that fragile ..... I'd just as soon start looking for a real QB now.

Now I want JP to be sucessful as much as every Bills fan does. But if the excuse we have to use for not benching him if he is stinking out the joint is "we might hurt his feelings" ............ well maybe the kid just isn't tough enough to play ball.

427668[/snapback]

I agree and JP IS a tough kid. He understands that if he doesn't produce, this team will turn to option 2 and he'll work to get better. Months ago, he said he was disappointed that he was handed the job and didn't compete to win the job.

He also has said that he wants to be the best qb ever. He is not a short-sighted guy.

I haven't let a few preseason games get me down on JP. However, if through the first few games, JP is lplaying poor and the team is losing, the Bills shouldn't hesitate to pull him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Holcomb looks decent against the Lions' backups and he's ready to start ... my confidence in JP isn't high right now, but com'on.

427600[/snapback]

I can say that in the plays I've seen from the Lions game, Holcomb appears to be more accurate with his passes. Holcomb appeared to be making better decisions with the ball (throwing it away, taking a sack, etc). JP's passes were consistently high, and his decision making hasn't been too hot since the first preseason game. Jp didn't look off receivers and relied too much on his arm strength to force balls.

Those types of things are noticable regardless of the level of the competition. Don't get me wrong, I think (hope) that JP will be a better QB than Holcomb ever is/was, but right now, it appears to me that Holcomb is a better QB. I'm not calling for JP's head or anything - we all knew there would be growing pains watching him develop in to what we all hope will be an awesome QB.

Dah.... what did I say last week when everybody jumped on my shitt...It`s not fair to this D and special team`s to GIVE away another season ..when we could win NOW...the kid just isn`t ready yet  :rolleyes:

427733[/snapback]

Question: Is it better to struggle as the kids gets some OTJ training, or is it better to play a very mediocre veteran QB? I for one, still roll the dice with JP because of the intermediate and long term upside.

Going with Holcomb stifles any development JP can make, and certainly harms the team's confidence in him - the "If the coaches don't trust him, why should we" kinda' thing. There will be growing pains, but it's something with which we'll just have to live.

Question:  Is it better to struggle as the kids gets some OTJ training, or is it better to play a very mediocre veteran QB?  I for one, still roll the dice with JP because of the intermediate and long term upside.

Going with Holcomb stifles any development JP can make, and certainly harms the team's confidence in him - the "If the coaches don't trust him, why should we" kinda' thing.  There will be growing pains, but it's something with which we'll just have to live.

427773[/snapback]

Idisagree he is also playing with a2nd string line and 2nd and 3rd team receiver`s ..this D is built for NOW not 2 or 3 yrs from now ...so either put up or take a seat ..this is the NFL not pee wee ..maybe a benching will smarten the kid up ..he`s got talent no doubt but the game seem`s alittle too fast for him now...LET`S GO BUFFALOOOO

Idisagree he is also playing with a2nd string line and 2nd and 3rd team receiver`s ..this D is built for NOW not 2 or 3 yrs from now ...so either put up or take a seat ..this is the NFL not pee wee ..maybe a benching will smarten the kid up ..he`s got talent no doubt but the game seem`s alittle too fast for him now...LET`S GO BUFFALOOOO

427788[/snapback]

I admire your enthusiasm BiP. :rolleyes:

I thought for the first 3 games people where just overreacting when saying how bad Losman was doing. He wasn't great, but he wasn't turning the ball over. However, tonight was really bad. That said he's our QB and I'm confident in him. I say we all relax and remember we are 0-0, tied for first. :rolleyes: If he stinks we have a whole season to B word about it. Besides, we are powerless to change anything. He needs our support and to remember the season is not all on his shoulders.

I found this on an old Packer board:

September 1992

Brett Favre needs another year on the bench and this team needs Don Majkowski to start the entire season. I feel bad for the defense and other vetrans on this team if Brett Favre starts this season. Favre has shown nothing this whole preseason to tell me he's ready for the starting job.

ZERO!

Don Majkowski is the better choice at QB for Green Bay at this point in time. Favre is still very very raw.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it.

Hey we won nine with Old Ironlegs Bledsoe in there last year, I say the kid will do at least as well and be CERTAINLY more fun to watch.

This year I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this team and it's 7 pro bowlers, watch us win some games, and maybe we'll get another shot at a playoff spot like last year. Say what you want, Losman is fun to watch with Clements and Wyche and MM's creativity and this team is entertaining.

Unlike watching Ralph Wilson's wife play tennis........

Ban this thread. Mularkey said after the game that he was very pleased with JP tonight. Holcombe is not starting next week or any time soon. Stop this crap now.

Someone tell me the last time the Bills played well in the last preseason game. Nobody can because nobody remembers preseason games that do not count for anything, especially the last one.

JP Losman needs another year on the bench and this team needs Kelly Holcomb to start. I feel bad for the defense and other vetrans on this team if JP starts the season. JP has shown nothing this whole preseason to tell me he's ready for the starting job.

ZERO! 

Kelly Holcomb is the better choice at QB for Buffalo at this point in time. JP is still very very raw.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it.  :rolleyes:

427566[/snapback]

Really, how is this a revelation to anybody in this board? :P

Give him a few games first and see what he can do before we bench him and destroy him mentally.

JP wasn't going to deliver playoffs and it was crazy to assume so but you never know. He's a rookie after all. We might have to accept the fact that we will no longer have the defense we have now when he gets it together.

I thought everybody here was happy with the decision made to make him a starter. I didn't like it then but I have to live with the decision and support him 101%! He'll be a great QB if we give him time to mature and learn the NFL. He's going to have a great upside if given the chance.

Besides, do you think Dallas will trade DB back to us?! 0:)

:(

I think the mentality of the "blame game" is all wrong here......If the bills team members want to win they will:

- Stop dropping catchable balls.......

- Stop fumbling

- Make better running lanes for the QB

If they would just do these things 75 percent of the time JPL will make up the rest with his legs and his arm......

JP Losman needs another year on the bench and this team needs Kelly Holcomb to start. I feel bad for the defense and other vetrans on this team if JP starts the season. JP has shown nothing this whole preseason to tell me he's ready for the starting job.

ZERO! 

Kelly Holcomb is the better choice at QB for Buffalo at this point in time. JP is still very very raw.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it.  :huh:

427566[/snapback]

Even Ice would have waited till game 5 to call for JP's head. <_<

Seriously, if they are losing and the stadium is full, JP will still be playing. If attendance is down, Holcomb will play.

JP IS OUR QB. Live with it!!!!!!!! Too bad we had to go with Bledsoe last year. Last year should have been the year JP took his lumps. But it is this year. GIVE the kid a chance. Do we waste the whole year? No we won't be wasting the whole year. The experience that JP gains is not wasting the whole year. I am tired of people panicing on this board. Its the end of the world always seems to come up.

Remember last year. 3rd down on the 4 yard line. Bledsoe goes back. and down he goes. Field goal. JP ran a 3rd and goal in this year.

Also remember the game plan. McGahee will run the ball. Let JP learn. Sorry if it costs us some wins. I hope he improves and improves and improves.

Ok yes there is the possibility that we made a mistake but we won't know that until JP has a year under his belt. Holcomb is a great backup to have. For those to say we should start Holcomb I bet you were the same ones that said stick with Bledso while he was winning.