Kelly Holcomb!

Frez

JP Losman needs another year on the bench and this team needs Kelly Holcomb to start. I feel bad for the defense and other vetrans on this team if JP starts the season. JP has shown nothing this whole preseason to tell me he's ready for the starting job.

ZERO!

Kelly Holcomb is the better choice at QB for Buffalo at this point in time. JP is still very very raw.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it. :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JP Losman needs another year on the bench and this team needs Kelly Holcomb to start. I feel bad for the defense and other vetrans on this team if JP starts the season. JP has shown nothing this whole preseason to tell me he's ready for the starting job.

ZERO! 

Kelly Holcomb is the better choice at QB for Buffalo at this point in time. JP is still very very raw.

Stick that in your pipes and smoke it.  :P

427566[/snapback]

I don't understand. How is this shocking news? :doh:

He's not going to lead us into the playoffs. There are 52 other guys on the roster who can and should if they play better than last year!

Frez doesnt just hit the "Panic" button, he slams his fists down on it, howling widely.

Plus, if you pull Losman now...after only 4 preseason games into his NFL starting career...thats it, its over. You'll totally piss on his confidence and he'll be a wasted pick for us because he wont recover from it. You cant tell a guy that he's your starter and then wet your pants when your young player has growing pains.

I'm all for crazy rantings and ravings, but at least wait to do it after the Texans game.

So oxidizing on the bench will somehow make him better?

Newsflash: Every quarterback of the future has to make their first start eventually. Or did Jim Kelly show up in the USFL and then the NFL and throw a touchdown every pass? It's gonna be a loooong year for you, and if you don't want to witness the growing pains that we all hope will eventually lead to a top QB and a Super Bowl, maybe you shouldn't watch this season.

I don't have a pipe, but I think you've been smoking something.

:P As much as I'd like to disagree, the evidence isn't there. I hate to kiss off the season while our pro-bowl veterans get older and JP makes mistake after mistake. Is Kelly the longterm answer? No, but JP does not appear to be ready to take us anywhere this year. I'm still hoping, but it's getting more and more difficult.

I'm very afraid of what I've seen so far. How can you not be?

427583[/snapback]

Cause it's FRIGGIN PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, man. You are REALLY irritating.

I bet you go nuts when your office runs out of your favorite pencils. We're doomed! The company is lost!

They can hide JP's deficiancies just as easily as they can hide Holcomb's, behind a solid running game and a D that allows less than 17 points a game. If you think Holcomb would light the world on fire you're mistaken. The guy is a career backup and has never looked good for any stretch of time. He was BARELY better than Couch and Couch was horrible.

Cause it's FRIGGIN PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Geez, man.  You are REALLY irritating.

I bet you go nuts when your office runs out of your favorite pencils.  We're doomed!  The company is lost!

427591[/snapback]

Max, he has been off target in the preseason. What makes you think he can make them same passes next week?

Will see how long before Mularkey pulls the plug on Losman.

427592[/snapback]

If Losman gets pulled during the season, not due to injury, I really dont think he recovers. I'm for sticking it out with Losman, he's got the talent, he just needs the experience. If that means another losing season, then so be it. I dont want to see us piss away a potential starting QB for the next decade because some people are getting antsy in their pantsy during his first preseason.

If Losman gets pulled during the season, not due to injury, I really dont think he recovers.  I'm for sticking it out with Losman, he's got the talent, he just needs the experience.

427601[/snapback]

I agree, we need to take our lumps. If he sat this year we'd just have to take our lumps next year. Let's just swallow our medicine and hope in the end it works out in the end.

Will see how long before Mularkey pulls the plug on Losman.

427592[/snapback]

Something tells me that the guy who, after 4 weeks on the job, got all kinds of heat from the owner to change his game plan and basically said, "Respectfully, Mr. Wilson, STFU b/c I'm staying the course" won't be screaming and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. We'll save that job for you and Rudy.

Max, he has been off target in the preseason. What makes you think he can make them same passes next week?

427596[/snapback]

You probably weren't watching the Bills game. He was 11/19 with two drops (that I saw) and an INT that was NOT HIS FAULT. That would be 11/16 pass accuracy. Explain to me how that is "off target?"

The guy has an awesome gun AND can make the touch pass. If you watched him (I saw the 2nd quarter and the other games) he has an AWESOME arm and can make ALL the throws. There is more than enough reason to have confidence.