Fox Sports Preseason Power Rankings

Not to be the only one who isn't excited about this, but who cares if we get "respect" or not? Besides, it's all conjecture anyway until they get on the field and play.

Maybe I'm the only one who gets annoyed listening to guys argue over which team would "win" when they haven't even played yet. Oh well, I would love for us to do well this season.

I do think the Bills deserve to be ranked in the Top 10, although I think #5 is a bit high. Still it is nice to see the Bills getting some respect.

I am also glad to see that he has the Panthers ranked ahead of the Falcons, but I would not have the Ravens at #10 with the offense they have. The Jets at #6 is a bit of a stretch too.

Great, the Rupert Murdock tabloid cable station likes us. What's next... the National Enquirer endorsing us?

417226[/snapback]

What a silly thing to say. :lol: Fox shows the NFL every Sunday in the fall.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386

Finally a member of the national media who gives credit for the ST, D, RB and WRs.

PTR

417141[/snapback]

Oh man. LOL!

We haven't played a real down yet and you guys are creaming yourselves? :lol:

Until, we are in the playoffs with better than a 10-6 record will I believe this.

I do think the Bills deserve to be ranked in the Top 10, although I think #5 is a bit high. Still it is nice to see the Bills getting some respect.

I am also glad to see that he has the Panthers ranked ahead of the Falcons, but I would not have the Ravens at #10 with the offense they have. The Jets at #6 is a bit of a stretch too.

417218[/snapback]

I'm with you, especially concerning the Jets. What the hell have they done to have everyone think they are anything more than a "good" team? I know they made the playoffs last year, but did anyone seriously think they were going to get anywhere, once there? In my estimation, they got a flukish year out of Curtis Martin, and if they don't get that kind of production again from their running game, I really don't see them as being anything more than a 9-7, maybe 10-6 team, certainly not a legit contender. I think Herm Edwards is a pretty crappy coach in a lot of ways (although I like his personality), and Pennington has just not shown to be durable (who is their backup now?), and his arm is about as weak as any starting QB in the leauge...maybe I am just looking at the Jets through Bills colored glasses, but I seriously don't understand why people are taking them so seriously. I know anything is possible, so I won't say the Jets have no shot at winning anything, but trying to be objective, I think the Bills defense/st alone put a large gap (in the Bills favor) between they and the Jets.

should I get my playoff tickets now? J/K

Finally someone that sees it the way we want them too, I prefer to be the team that comes out of no where.

the worse IMHO is TSN, they hate us, they really hate JP, every year they have a position ranking list, years past I have bougt it, not this year, but in it they have him at 40th (or somewhere close to that) meaning they think there are back ups better. They also have Mcgahee in the teens among RBs, Moulds is like 30th and evans even higher-they do give respect to Schobel ranking him in the top ten, and clements top 5, and even Villiarriel top ten amoung guards

oh well. it all means nothing, i would still like to see something in TV about the Bills

Overrated:

Jets

Panthers

Underrated:

Steelers

Bengals

Just Right:

Bills

417344[/snapback]

The Jets were inches away from the AFC Championship game and two playoff road victories. Now they have a healthy QB, his favorite receiver back, and Vilma with his rookie year outta the way. To say they are overrated when the Bills (whose playoff-caliber victories came against the Rams and the Seahawks) are ahead of them is curious. I'm sure the Jets board has the Bills in the overrated category.

Also, this is a preseason ranking. I seem to remember Auburn ranked #19 in last year's preseason AP poll, and then going 13-0 and winning the Sugar Bowl.

Two more weeks till we find out what's what, and we don't have to worry about these polls (not to say they aren't fun to look at.) I think the Bills are probably in the 10-15 range because they have a lot to prove. Can they beat perennial playoff teams like the Pats and Broncos at home? Can they go on the road and beat the Jets and Chargers? Slapping Arizona and Cleveland is nice, but it's time to step up to the plate! We'll find out soon.

Go Bills.

AFC East rankings:

Patriots at #1

Bills at #5

Jets at #6

Fish at #30

My formerly beloved Browns are dead last at #32.

Mike

417291[/snapback]

Thatis what caught me, and I, like most, put absolutely no weight to these things, but they are fun. Only ones that really matter are college football and basketball(seedings)

Anyway, anyway you cut it, we have got to be in the toughest division in football, beacuse three of the teams are solid on both sides of the ball(assuming JP plays okay), while one perenially has a strong D, which keeps you in every game.

oooo goody! and Rush will come back and embarrass himself again?

417354[/snapback]

Rush worked for ESPN. Pay attention. The anti-FOX bias in the forum is remarkable. Strictly sticking to their sports coverage, I think FOX's NFL Sunday runs circles around that of the CBS and ESPN offereing.

Now, if you want to trash ESPN, I'm with you.

oooo goody! and Rush will come back and embarrass himself again?

417354[/snapback]

Your posts don't belong in this forum as the have nothing to do with the Bills and everything to do with the PPP forum...

Are you even a Bills fan?

Anyone else sick of playing in a division that has 3 of the top 6 ranked teams in it?

Why does the AFCEast always have to be so tough?

417596[/snapback]

Oh it's balanced out by the Dolphins being ranked 30th :P:lol:;)

Anyone else sick of playing in a division that has 3 of the top 6 ranked teams in it?

Why does the AFCEast always have to be so tough?

417596[/snapback]

To be the best you gotta' beat the best.

Your posts don't belong in this forum as the have nothing to do with the Bills and everything to do with the PPP forum...

Are you even a Bills fan?

417630[/snapback]

He's figured out that we don't pay any attention to him there, either.

Interesting, only 2 NFC teams made the top 10.

Personally, I think this year will be a lot like last year: maybe 3 real elite teams (Pats, Pitt, and Eagles), then the second tier, of which the Bills should be one based upon their defense alone.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386?GT1=6773

#5: Hmm, in the Bills you have a team built around a turnover machine on defense (ranked No. 2 overall in 2004), excellent special teams (five kick/punt returns for TDs last year) and an offense led by a young, mobile QB (second-year J.P. Losman) surrounded by a stellar group of runners and receivers ... all set in a football-crazy city in the Northeast. Sounds a lot like last year's Steelers. If Losman is this year's Roethlisberger, watch out.

I.....am appalled.

How DARE Fox rank the Bills ONLY at #5??!!?? Those "morons" are Fox have no clue what the hell they are talking about. Being ranked anything less than #1 is a total outrage. If anything, they should be ranked in NEGATIVE ###s!!!!!!