Six Years Ago Today....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting in cheap Motel room on South Padre Island, missing the beach party and shrimp boil outside. 3 fricken overtimes. My husband (now my ex) was so pissed at me because I wouldn't leave the TV. :blink:

I was sitting in cheap Motel room on South Padre Island, missing the beach party and shrimp boil outside.  3 fricken overtimes.  My husband (now my ex) was so pissed at me because I wouldn't leave the TV.  :blink:

362503[/snapback]

Ohh so that's how he bacame the "ex"

I was at my buddies grandfathers house watching game 6, and i had to be at work at 8 the next morning (i know it was a sat nite, but i was working in HS at a restaurant)...the only slightly positive thing to come out of the night was watching my friends 80-something grandfather jump up and go into a 5 minute long profanity laced tirade at the TV when hull's skate was in the crease...old people swearing is funny...

I was at that game and what stood out to me is that so few of the fans at the arena even knew there was any controversy. I don't think they showed the replay at all. Tons of people just left pissed. Me and my buddy stayed for at least 10-15 minutes it seemed and no one near us was complaining about "No Goal". Then suddenly Ruff came storming down the runway and leaned over the bench area and started screaming at the officials as the Stars were celebrating. And we were, like, what is Ruff so crazy about? And we had excellent seats, too, although they were the opposite blue line from where the play happened. It wasn't for a long, long time we found out about the foot in the crease. Did anyone else there at that game have a similar experience?

I was at the game and didn't even think about the fact that it wasn't a goal. We stood there for a while and watched with our jaws dropped then left and once in the parking lot, caught word there was controversy.

Was at my brother in laws house in Raleigh after being at Pinehurst all day for the US Open. He started to go to bed as soon as the puck went in, but I told to stay put, Hulls skate was in the crease. Then I started getting pissed when no replays were being shown. Then I woke up the whole house when I started going nuts calling for a reply. Then Gary Thornes infamous words"folks, i think we got a problem". Little too late for that!!!!!!!

Guess I should mention started drinkin beers at the course at noon!!

BTW, Hull wouldn't have had two swipes at that puck if Brian Holzinger had hit him with his purse. @#$%ing p*ssy

362569[/snapback]

JSP + Golden Wheels = TLF

:blink:

Mr. Hobie Baker wasn't worth a hill of sh-- when it came down to it.

That team was just missing some tiny fundamental thing, and I've yet to figure out that that thing was.

I was at that game and what stood out to me is that so few of the fans at the arena even knew there was any controversy. I don't think they showed the replay at all. Tons of people just left pissed. Me and my buddy stayed for at least 10-15 minutes it seemed and no one near us was complaining about "No Goal". Then suddenly Ruff came storming down the runway and leaned over the bench area and started screaming at the officials as the Stars were celebrating. And we were, like, what is Ruff so crazy about? And we had excellent seats, too, although they were the opposite blue line from where the play happened. It wasn't for a long, long time we found out about the foot in the crease. Did anyone else there at that game have a similar experience?

362545[/snapback]

EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE! They scored and it didn't look like anything was wrong witht he goal. I was in the 200's behind the sabres bench. We could see some comotion, but couldn't really figure out what was going on. It wasn't till we got in the car and hit the radio before we figured out what it was all about. What really pisses me off about that game was that someone (zhitnik maybe??) had a breakaway about 2 minutes before that happened and he clunked the post. Beat belfour and simply hit the post. Terrible.

The only consolation prize i can take from that whole playoff experience was that the sabres and us fans had a legitimate gripe towards the nhl and its officiating. Anyways, this is how the whole world sees the record books:

Stanley Cup Champions

1996 Colorado Avalanche

1997 Detriot Red Wings

1998 Detroit Red Wings

1999 Dallas Stars *

2000 New Jersey Devils

2001 Colorado Avalanche

2002 Detroit Red Wings

2003 New Jersey Devils

2003 Tampa Bay Lightning

Get my point?

...No ******* Goal.

:blink:  <_<  :wub:  :lol:  :D  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

362460[/snapback]

SON OF A .....!

Man was that a bad nite or what...

Still don't know if that Sabres team was good enough to

win the series if they had somehow won that game.

Just sucks to be screwed by the man while he is looking you directly in the face.

That means six years ago tonight, I was at the game. I was not aware of a big controversey, went to a bar on Chippewa, got drunk off my behind after the loss and finding out why and then proceeded to get thrown out of not one, not two but three bars (Two owned by friends of mine- first and only time I was ever tossed from a bar). Seems like forever ago. On a brighter note, the Rigases are to be sentenced to prison time at any moment.