Six Years Ago Today....

Nice job avoiding the question.

Let me answer it for you and everyone else.

No, none of those sites exist.  Blown calls happen all the time.  Actually I agree with you Darin, the call was wrong and they were too spineless to overturn it.  But don't expect any sympathy from me.

363228[/snapback]

The question was stupid and the "No Goal" website was pretty much started to make a buck. It's called capitalism.

If Denkinger's call happened today, there'd be a website.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't seen any websites for blown calls other than that have you?  How can you tell me that Denks call would have spawned a website when you can't even produce one other site other than that Bills related lateral site.

363256[/snapback]

OK Brandon, you're right. You're always right. You're right that the NBA is out to screw the friggin' Pacers because they wear faggy colored uniforms and Reggie Miller looks like a starving Ethernopian Q-tip. You're right that the Cardinals were the best team in baseball last season, painting October red, even though they got fuggin' thumped by Boston 4 straight - but only because the Red Sox got hot. You're right that having the best record in baseball in late June will have some kind of meaning in the dog days and October. You're right that the Pacers are going to win the NBA Championship next season, even though this season isn't even over yet.

What's funny is how hard you rail against people who are EXACTLY like YOU.

OK Brandon, you're right.  You're always right.  You're right that the NBA is out to screw the friggin' Pacers because they wear faggy colored uniforms and Reggie Miller looks like a starving Ethernopian Q-tip.  You're right that the Cardinals were the best team in baseball last season, painting October red, even though they got fuggin' thumped by Boston 4 straight - but only because the Red Sox got hot.  You're right that having the best record in baseball in late June will have some kind of meaning in the dog days and October.  You're right that the Pacers are going to win the NBA Championship next season, even though this season isn't even over yet.

363265[/snapback]

Personal attacks! This is great!

Now you need to bring his mother into this. <_<

OK Brandon, you're right.  You're always right.  You're right that the NBA is out to screw the friggin' Pacers because they wear faggy colored uniforms and Reggie Miller looks like a starving Ethernopian Q-tip.  You're right that the Cardinals were the best team in baseball last season, painting October red, even though they got fuggin' thumped by Boston 4 straight - but only because the Red Sox got hot.  You're right that having the best record in baseball in late June will have some kind of meaning in the dog days and October.  You're right that the Pacers are going to win the NBA Championship next season, even though this season isn't even over yet.

363265[/snapback]

<sigmund freud>

Tell me about your mother, bf. Hrm...I see....

</sigmund freud>

363265[/snapback]

So once again you fail to answer the question.

Buffalo sports fans cry like babies. I love the Bills, but the whole world is not consipiring to keep WNY down on the mat. If the Sabres won that series would the area be better off? I'm sure a great number of people would tell you yes as they still wait in the unemployment line for their checks.

Buffalo sports fans cry like babies.

So do you. I guess when you do it we're supposed to pretend it's passion.

I love the Bills, but the whole world is not consipiring to keep WNY down on the mat.  If the Sabres won that series would the area be better off?  I'm sure a great number of people would tell you yes as they still wait in the unemployment line for their checks.

363293[/snapback]

I never said or implied any of the above. Ergo, don't care.

So do you.  I guess when you do it we're supposed to pretend it's passion.

363324[/snapback]

Yet I'm not under the illusion that if the Pacers win the World Championship my life outside of sports is going to get any better.

I can't say the same for a lot of Buffalo fans.

( In the best Richard Gere "Officer and a Gentleman" Mayonaisse rant)

"Cause I got no place else to gooooo"

363356[/snapback]

That was almost funny.

And it's actually right on target. I enjoy the banter around here that you just don't get anywhere else. Sometimes it gets out of line, but for the most part it's good natured fun.

That was almost funny. 

And it's actually right on target.  I enjoy the banter around here that you just don't get anywhere else.  Sometimes it gets out of line, but for the most part it's good natured fun.

363360[/snapback]

yeah, for the most part

I was at that game and what stood out to me is that so few of the fans at the arena even knew there was any controversy. I don't think they showed the replay at all. Tons of people just left pissed. Me and my buddy stayed for at least 10-15 minutes it seemed and no one near us was complaining about "No Goal". Then suddenly Ruff came storming down the runway and leaned over the bench area and started screaming at the officials as the Stars were celebrating. And we were, like, what is Ruff so crazy about? And we had excellent seats, too, although they were the opposite blue line from where the play happened. It wasn't for a long, long time we found out about the foot in the crease. Did anyone else there at that game have a similar experience?

362545[/snapback]

Almost exactly the same and it sounds like we may have been sitting near each other. Was the "winning goal scored" to your right or left (it was left of me)?

I had thought that if the Stars won I'd watch the ceremony. The 2 AM bit and the fact that they were very dirty and holding behind every play made me hate them too much to stay. We didn't hear a thing about the play until we got to the car. When we got to my in-laws house we saw it on TV. They called plays like that back 100% of the time in the regular season/playoffs that year. 100%. You're telling me that a fat 50 year old in my beer league can kick the puck to his stick and shoot without looking but that Brett Hull has to look around for it but still has "control"? Typing this is getting me angry again.

Anyway, if they had shown that thing on the jumbotron it would have been a bad scene.

ahhhh....a bittersweet memory for me.

my wife had never watched hockey a day in her life. we were in Pittsburgh because she had to have brain surgery. we were in her hopspital room watching the game....and she starts going nuts enjoying the game....and becoming a fan...and i was trying to keep her calm.

after the 2nd OT i left for the hotel......when the game was over....the room phone rang. it was my wife yelling "No Goal".

Almost exactly the same and it sounds like we may have been sitting near each other.  Was the "winning goal scored" to your right or left (it was left of me)? 

I had thought that if the Stars won I'd watch the ceremony.  The 2 AM bit and the fact that they were very dirty and holding behind every play made me hate them too much to stay.  We didn't hear a thing about the play until we got to the car.  When we got to my in-laws house we saw it on TV.  They called plays like that back 100% of the time in the regular season/playoffs that year.  100%.  You're telling me that a fat 50 year old in my beer league can kick the puck to his stick and shoot without looking but that Brett Hull has to look around for it but still has "control"?  Typing this is getting me angry again.

Anyway, if they had shown that thing on the jumbotron it would have been a bad scene.

363393[/snapback]

It was to my right, so we were on opposite sides. Kinda fitting, eh? :w00t:

Not to bring the thread back to the point or anything, but here's my memory.

Chris Drury is a friend of my wife's family. At the time he was still playing for Colorado, of course. When I saw him in Connecticut at the family's Christmas party that December, I said, "I just want to know one thing, Chris. Was that a goal?"

He said, "Well, it was a stupid rule, but it was the rule, and it wasn't a goal."

If he wasn't already my favorite player, he became my favorite player right then. :huh: (By contrast, Wayne Gretzky dropped about a thousand points in my estimation of him with that bullshiit he spouted at the NHL awards later that month.)

As far as that night goes, my wife and I stayed up for the whole game. She was nearly nine months pregnant with our first child, who will be 6 on July 3. The kid learned all her swear words in utero that night, I'll tell you that.

But nobody's remembered the worst sound from that night yet: CLANG. The sound of James Patrick hitting the crossbar in the opening minute of the 3rd OT. :w00t::blink:

Anyone remember the NHL draft later that summer? Bettman called the Sabres up to the podium and stuck out his hand and Lindy walked right past him!