Green things

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t know any more.  If I link to the definition of green in a green things thread some might think. It’s off topic but this is Off the Wall so I don’t have to be on topic but I also don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings by staying on topic or not letting them define the topic for me if they are uncomfortable with the topic or what they want the topic to be within what should be allowed to be considered the topic so I’m not really sure.  Make sense?

I want to know what thread it was that you had a fight with someone about topics. I need to see where this came from!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Green is a color. 
Aqua Marine is a shade of green. 
Marine signifies ocean/large bodies of water. 
Things sink in the ocean. 
A UFO would sink. 

Air go, a UFO could be found in water that appears aqua marine. 

Edited by BringBackFergy

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's a green/blue thing. 60% asked see green! 40% see blue!

SAME. But, all I seem to be getting is the green beans!😔😟 

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I never met AI but heard his thoughts about practice once.  Anyway I appreciate his thoughts.  Can you ask him when things written or shown about a specific topic become unrelated to that topic?  I’m confused about this and maybe AI can help.  It can be any topic really.

It doesn’t have to be green things.  I don’t want to piss him off though so the topic shouldn’t be practice,  I’m not talking about practice.  Oh wait.  I’m not talking about a game.  So we might be talking about practice.  Crap I’m confused again.  Just ask the question and don’t mention a specific topic.

I had a long discussion with AI. Evidently Teal, Navy, and Evergreen are all categories.  Take with that will what you.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I had a long discussion with AI. Evidently Teal, Navy, and Evergreen are all categories.  Take with that will what you.

Blue is a primary color.

So is yellow.

So is red.

Green is a secondary color.

You're into the tertiary colors and beyond. 

Color-wheel-with-mixtures-1024x768.jpeg

I think you need to visit your color codes first before AI 😆:

https://colorcodes.io

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Blue is a primary color.

So is yellow.

So is red.

Green is a secondary color.

You're into the tertiary colors and beyond. 

Color-wheel-with-mixtures-1024x768.jpeg

I think you need to visit your color codes first before AI 😆:

https://colorcodes.io

Things are actually more complicated. It depends whether you consider paints and pigments in art or for printing, or work with lights as in a projector. From Wikipedia:

"RYB is a subtractive color model used in art and applied design in which red, yellow, and blue pigments are considered primary colors. The RYB color model relates specifically to color in the form of paint and pigment application in art and design. Other common color models include the light model (RGB) and the paint, pigment and ink CMY color model, which is much more accurate in terms of color gamut and intensity compared to the traditional RYB color model, the latter emerging in conjunction with the CMYK color model in the printing industry. This model was used for printing by Jacob Christoph Le Blon in 1725 and called it Coloritto or harmony of colouring,[8] stating that the primitive (primary) colors are yellow, red and blue, while the secondary are orange, green and purple or violet."

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrW said:

Things are actually more complicated. It depends whether you consider paints and pigments in art or for printing, or work with lights as in a projector. From Wikipedia:

"RYB is a subtractive color model used in art and applied design in which red, yellow, and blue pigments are considered primary colors. The RYB color model relates specifically to color in the form of paint and pigment application in art and design. Other common color models include the light model (RGB) and the paint, pigment and ink CMY color model, which is much more accurate in terms of color gamut and intensity compared to the traditional RYB color model, the latter emerging in conjunction with the CMYK color model in the printing industry. This model was used for printing by Jacob Christoph Le Blon in 1725 and called it Coloritto or harmony of colouring,[8] stating that the primitive (primary) colors are yellow, red and blue, while the secondary are orange, green and purple or violet."

Understood. 

Changing gears a bit.

Ever read this?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20140905-the-women-with-super-human-vision

Isn't it all how we perceive color?

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Understood. 

Changing gears a bit.

Ever read this?

Interesting article. No, these people might indeed see something we can't. You have three types of “cone cells” in the retina that each respond to a different bandwidth of light. The color of an object depends on the particular combination of those signals. However, each type of cone cell has a distinct wavelength where the response is maximal. This means that the whole light spectrum is not covered uniformly. If you have a forth type of cone cell with yet another optimal wavelength, you will perceive colors differently.

BTW, I like the pic in the BBC article where somebody arranged their books on the shelf by color.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrW said:

Interesting article. No, these people might indeed see something we can't. You have three types of “cone cells” in the retina that each respond to a different bandwidth of light. The color of an object depends on the particular combination of those signals. However, each type of cone cell has a distinct wavelength where the response is maximal. This means that the whole light spectrum is not covered uniformly. If you have a forth type of cone cell with yet another optimal wavelength, you will perceive colors differently.

BTW, I like the pic in the BBC article where somebody arranged their books on the shelf by color.

Yeah! Even more so in the correct wavelengths of the spectrum! ROY G BIV!

EDIT: Sorta correct. 😉 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Understood. 

Changing gears a bit.

Ever read this?

Keep the “like dude what if what you see as red, I see as blue and what like you see as blue, I see as red…..like whoa dude” stuff in the stoner thread.  This is the green things thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Did you know that South Dakota Martians fought in Viet Nam?  If they arrived here in an underwater UFO, I don't know if I should post this here or in the underwater UFO topic. 

"Said goodbye to his mama as he left South Dakota
To fight for the red, white, and blue
He was 19 and GREEN with a new M-16
Just doin' what he had to do"

And If yellow is a primary color, why isn't the flag red, yellow and blue?  Doesn't that make white a primary color rather than yellow? 

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Keep the “like dude what if what you see as red, I see as blue and what like you see as blue, I see as red…..like whoa dude” stuff in the stoner thread.  This is the green things thread.

Okay.  Have it your way! It's your own doing:

7 hours ago, UConn James said:

The three shades of green candy-coated dark chocolate mint M&Ms seem to have been discontinued. They were my favorite.

IMG_0215.jpeg

I didn't even know these existed.  I bet they were awesome too 

On 5/21/2024 at 3:21 PM, boyst said:

I'm confused. This is partly blue. It's not green.

On 5/21/2024 at 3:38 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Dang am I off topic again?

On 5/21/2024 at 3:41 PM, boyst said:

i don't even know what that is

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1