What would you like to see added post June 1st?

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

This board is hilarious at times. Like how people can’t figure out how to quote someone and reply to their post 

... or when not to quote someone and reply to their post...

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

This board is hilarious at times. Like how people can’t figure out how to quote someone and reply to their post 

I’m sorry.  Was I responding to you?  Silly me.  

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

... or when not to quote someone and reply to their post...

Naw. I’m pretty open about arguing with people. Everyone here knows me well enough by now. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m sorry.  Was I responding to you?  Silly me.  

As long as I keep living rent free in your head. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Naw. I’m pretty open about arguing with people. Everyone here knows me well enough by now. 

As long as I keep living rent free in your head. 

You got me.  I spend every waking moment reading your posts.  How did you know?

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't think they trusted Williams at the mike, calling plays etc.. 

He was groomed to be outside LB and Dodson just happened to come out of nowhere and be a beast but I do agree that they should have tried some different things out, Klein was clearly just too slow. Still, our O costed us that game. Left at least 13 points on the board

But at the same time, we were better in nearly everey offensive statistical category

T.O.P - KC - 22:57 Bills- 33:03

Turnovers- KC 1 Bills 0

1st downs - KC 21 Bills 27

Yards KC 361 Bills 368

They killed us on yards per play but pretty clear our strategy was to milk clock , run the ball and take what they give. 

The true difference? Chiefs WRs made big time catches, Bills didn’t. 

Butker hit his FGs, Bass didn’t.  

The difference between these teams is razor thin

Diggs let us down big time in the Chiefs game.  And the defense was shot due to injuries.  And as a result we could not stop the big play.  

A lot of you act like this team was ready for the scrap heap because we lost by 3 pts to the eventual Super Bowl champions w a decimated defense.  And a kicker who had no confidence left.  

We have gotten rid of ra lot of dead weight in the off-season. (And that includes Diggs and Davis) And I for one am very excited about what this rebuilt roster will look and feel like. 

We have a top notch organization and an amazing QB.  And will be a contender again this year. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Diggs let us down big time in the Chiefs game.  And the defense was shot due to injuries.  And as a result we could not stop the big play.  

A lot of you act like this team was ready for the scrap heap because we lost by 3 pts to the eventual Super Bowl champions w a decimated defense.  And a kicker who had no confidence left.  

We have gotten rid of ra lot of dead weight in the off-season. (And that includes Diggs and Davis) And I for one am very excited about what this rebuilt roster will look and feel like. 

We have a top notch organization and an amazing QB.  And will be a contender again this year. 

Completely agree, this O excites me , with Brady having a full off season,  he has some weapons - Coleman, Cook,Shkir, Samuel, Kincaid , Knox- you have so much versatility, can give defenses so many different looks, we have a run game as well. 

It's SB or bust for me , as you put it perfectly - we got rid of dead weight.. That should pay dividends for the next 3-5 years and I believe we stayed the same (at the vary least) talent wise on both sides of the ball 

• Like (+1) 4

I would like to see us a TJ Watt level pass rusher, a Patrick Surtain level CB, and an expericened all-pro WR.   As well as a linebacker that holds Kelce to zero yards. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Looking over the FA lost and it's not stocked full of difference makers...as can be expected this time of year. A few names I'm looking at that could be in the mix. I'm looking at the EDGE position as even with the rookie I feel like it's still a spot that could use a boost. 

Shaq Lawson- an obvious choice. Solid yet unspectacular. But they know what they would be getting.

Carl Lawson- Could have something left in the tank after being mothballed by the Jets last year. Feel like he's got something to prove... especially if he were to line up against the Jets.

Emmanuel Ogbah- Buffalo has shown interest in him in the past. Could they do what they did with John Brown and others and circle back to grab him at a value?

Jerry Hughes- 12 sacks over the last 2 years in Houston. Would maybe be good as a rotational rusher.

Lawson's been replaced with Dawuane Smoot, who through production and experience is an upgrade from him. As such, he cost us more. We gave Shaq about a million. Smoot is being paid 2.5 with just about 2 guaranteed.

He's someone I see etched in pen as the 4th or 5th DE. He's also who I expect Beane to have decided is the DE addition everyone expected. I think he evaluated what's left and decided that was his guy from that (gross) group, for what he was looking for and what he was looking to pay. 

As I said, we're going to keep 5. Groot, Von, and AJ are clearly the top 3 guys. He's not paying Von or AJ what he's paying them for either to be the 4th DE in the rotation. If he didn't feel AJ could step up and be the guy to replace Von in the event he can't go - he wouldn't have brought him back and paid him what he paid him.

Solomon was a steal in the 5th. We don't outright cut players we Drafted before Round 6. He'll be here. And that's your 5 guys right there - Groot, Von, Epenesa, Smoot, Solomon. If he wanted someone from your list, he wouldn't have signed Smoot or given him anything guaranteed.

As it is, we'll be cutting Toohill and Jonathan. I don't see a 5th DE move this offseason that would see him moving on from 2 of the 5 guys he'd have acquired - especially when one has some guaranteed money (we've moved on from a guaranteed money FA only once in OJ Howard), the other is a Draft Pick above Round 6 or 7, and the list of guys left aren't much of an upgrade, if any at all, beside having a more known name.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't think they trusted Williams at the mike, calling plays etc.. 

He was groomed to be outside LB and Dodson just happened to come out of nowhere and be a beast but I do agree that they should have tried some different things out, Klein was clearly just too slow. Still, our O costed us that game. Left at least 13 points on the board

But at the same time, we were better in nearly everey offensive statistical category

T.O.P - KC - 22:57 Bills- 33:03

Turnovers- KC 1 Bills 0

1st downs - KC 21 Bills 27

Yards KC 361 Bills 368

They killed us on yards per play but pretty clear our strategy was to milk clock , run the ball and take what they give. 

The true difference? Chiefs WRs made big time catches, Bills didn’t. 

Butker hit his FGs, Bass didn’t.  

The difference between these teams is razor thin

That last drive by Josh was vintage. If he wins that game, that would have been Elway'sque.    They made blunders at the end of the drive for which the coaching staff should have been fired. 

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Lawson's been replaced with Dawuane Smoot, who through production and experience is an upgrade from him. As such, he cost us more. We gave Shaq about a million. Smoot is being paid 2.5 with just about 2 guaranteed.

He's someone I see etched in pen as the 4th or 5th DE. He's also who I expect Beane to have decided is the DE addition everyone expected. I think he evaluated what's left and decided that was his guy from that (gross) group, for what he was looking for and what he was looking to pay. 

As I said, we're going to keep 5. Groot, Von, and AJ are clearly the top 3 guys. He's not paying Von or AJ what he's paying them for either to be the 4th DE in the rotation. If he didn't feel AJ could step up and be the guy to replace Von in the event he can't go - he wouldn't have brought him back and paid him what he paid him.

Solomon was a steal in the 5th. We don't outright cut players we Drafted before Round 6. He'll be here. And that's your 5 guys right there - Groot, Von, Epenesa, Smoot, Solomon. If he wanted someone from your list, he wouldn't have signed Smoot or given him anything guaranteed.

As it is, we'll be cutting Toohill and Jonathan. I don't see a 5th DE move this offseason that would see him moving on from 2 of the 5 guys he'd have acquired - especially when one has some guaranteed money (we've moved on from a guaranteed money FA only once in OJ Howard), the other is a Draft Pick above Round 6 or 7, and the list of guys left aren't much of an upgrade, if any at all, beside having a more known name.

Do people think Von Miller is this high up the depth chart? We're stuck with his contract, but I'd guess they'll be looking for a reason to put him on IR, just to free up a roster spot for someone like Jonathon.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Do people think Von Miller is this high up the depth chart? We're stuck with his contract, but I'd guess they'll be looking for a reason to put him on IR, just to free up a roster spot for someone like Jonathon.

If they weren't going to give him another legitimate shot or had visions of him starting the year lower than DE3 - they would have a.) just outright cut him with a Post 6/1 designation and b.) Would have gotten a bigger chess piece at DE in Free Agency or the Draft by now.

Beane believes that like Tre White before him - he needs a full year removed from the injury and a full offseason of Training Camp and Pre-Season and we'll see some improvement. He also spoke of thinking he may have rushed him back too soon.

Will Von return to pre-injury form? That's a big if. But can he be at least a decent DE3? They're banking on it, both figuratively and literally.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

It was more like 10 times today. You’re already at 2 for Monday now. Let’s see how many we can rack up 

Or you could get over yourself,  realize people have different opinions on things and not get so sensitive and lash out when someone disagrees with yours.  This started with you criticizing McD for not using Williams to stop Kelce.  One of the reasons Kelce will be a first ballot HOFer is that teams have not figured out a way to stop him.  In response, you indicated you don’t really have knowledge of what teams did with Kelce but were sure some team did slow him down.

So you said you had no knowledge of a subject but then said you were sure of something about it.  And I and at least one other person commented on how that is, in my words, funny.

We share opinions around here.  And then discuss them.  If you don’t like my comments on yours simply use your ignore function.  Or do like many do and engage civilly in the banter that goes on.  You choose.  I’m gong to bed.

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Or you could get over yourself,  realize people have different opinions on things and not get so sensitive and lash out when someone disagrees with yours.  This started with you criticizing McD for not using Williams to stop Kelce.  One of the reasons Kelce will be a first ballot HOFer is that teams have not figured out a way to stop him.  In response, you indicated you don’t really have knowledge of what teams did with Kelce but were sure some team did slow him down.

So you said you had no knowledge of a subject but then said you were sure of something about it.  And I and at least one other person commented on how that is, in my words, funny.

We share opinions around here.  And then discuss them.  If you don’t like my comments on yours simply use your ignore function.  Or do like many do and engage civilly in the banter that goes on.  You choose.  I’m gong to bed.

Love how you can’t let this go. Here we are like 10 hours later and it’s still festering in your head. 

ironically you talk about me getting over myself and not to put so much into my opinion. Yet here you are assuming that your opinion is the correct one as well. Got ya. 

I personally don’t care what you or anyone else thinks about my opinion(s). As you said, we share opinions around here and discuss them and if you don’t like it, you can simply ignore me/them. 

For the record, I was not talking to you when I posted my (in your mind) useless opinion. YOU were the one that decided to get involved in the discussion. So… pot, meet kettle. 

and for what it’s worth, I don’t have to have the answer to the problem that was talked about to now there was a problem. Just because I don’t care to look up information that could easily be found doesn’t mean my argument was wrong. There were plenty of teams that held Kelce to low numbers last year. The Dolphins, Jags, Steelers, and Pats. I’m not going to get into specific stats. Nor do I care to provide information for you. You are the one that apparently believes I should have the answers. I admitted I don’t. I’m also not a professional football coach in the NFL. 

None of that matters though. Because the point I made was that this idiot coach thought a guy that was sitting on his couch all season could cover this (as you put it) First Ballot Hall of Famer, with 2 weeks of practice. Thanks for making my point, that it was an incredibly stupid idea that McDermott had. what’s the answer? Again, I don’t know. But I did, and do know that it wasn’t AJ Klein. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

None of that matters though. Because the point I made was that this idiot coach thought a guy that was sitting on his couch all season could cover this (as you put it) First Ballot Hall of Famer, with 2 weeks of practice. Thanks for making my point, that it was an incredibly stupid idea that McDermott had. what’s the answer? Again, I don’t know. But I did, and do know that it wasn’t AJ Klein. 

McDermott did not think that. The guys who he thought could were not healthy. There is an argument they should have used Siran Neal more, earlier in the game, but their options were severely limited. That sucks but it is yet more proof positive that you need luck to win a Championship.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1