Marquez Valdes-Scantling meeting with the Bills (UPDATE: Signed)

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah if they just start out pounding the rock with Josh Allen from the get-go and get him those 150-160 carries and 20-22 rushing TD's they should actually be able to be a #1 seed for once.  

You're right........why are they wasting money on receivers?    They can just do this with Allen for the next 10 years.   No problem.   Totally sustainable.

You obviously didn't comprehend my post OR

Intentionally trolling.

Either way, carry on with your foolishness 😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You didn't think discussion of signing a washed-up MVS was going to generate 40 pages of responses, did you?

Each vet scrub they sign is just making it more likely that they are going to camp with a dog's breakfast of a WR corps..........hence the expansion of the discussion.

But if you have more to add about MVS than was already said,  by all means.

The MVS thread does not really discuss him that much but instead duplicates other threads about our WR room. He’s not washed up or a scrub, just an inconsistent WR3-4 who has size, speed, and at times comes up with clutch catches. I think he is a great add to our WR depth, brings big game veteran experience, offers ability in scramble drills, and represents a better value discount Gabe Davis type.

Here’s a bunch more on him for you though:

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

The guy who said, “I bet you won’t say that when you watch him play.”

I think when you draft a 25 year old running back, he better be contributing week 1, because his career countdown begins.

Dude, who cares? RBs don't get 2nd contracts. 4 years and you draft another one.

Are you still stuck in the 70s?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Dude, who cares? RBs don't get 2nd contracts. 4 years and you draft another one.

exactly

Draft a rb 1-2 years and a db/wr every year hope you hit on one 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Wasn't Diggs a "legit wr1"?    He dropped a pass.   Guess what, even HOF WRs drop passes.  People aren't robots; they screw up frequently.

Maybe because you don't have the cap space to pay that WR franchise savior?

LOL.  This is funny coming from you because you never did answer my question mucho pages ago.   In case you've forgotten, I asked you to name one of the WRs you would have taken instead of Ray Davis in the 4th round because you've been continually whining that the Bills should have taken another WR on Day 3 and you singled out Davis.

LOL.  You're still trashing the Davis pick even though you don't have any idea of the WRs who were left when the Bills picked in Round 4.   Here are the WRs taken after the Bills picked at #28 in the 4th round in the order they were drafted in rounds 4-7:  Jacob Cowing, Anthony Gould, Ainais Smith, Jaman Thrash, Bub Means, Jha'Quan Jackson, Malik Washington, Johnny Wilson, Casey Washington, Tejhaun Painter, Jordan Whittington, Ryan Flournoy, Brenden Rice, Devaughn Vele, Tahj Washington, Cornelius Johnson.  So, who would you have picked?

Cowing or Gould.

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Fair enough, but imo that means it’s bad strategy to take them before the 6th. 

Why waste a solid draft pick on a player you are effectively guaranteeing a maximum 4 year career with your team?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Perhaps.  I am of the mind to see how things work out once actual football is played.  I know that may sound irresponsible.

Yeah "let's not discuss anything until after the games are played" makes for really engaging offseason discussions.

The people who just want to be told everything is going to be alright always revert to this "I am of the mind to see see how things work out".............as if everyone on this board isn't planning to watch how things work out.   :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

The guy who said, “I bet you won’t say that when you watch him play.”

I think when you draft a 25 year old running back, he better be contributing week 1, because his career countdown begins.

Only need 4 years out of any drafted RB tbh. Doesn't matter what they do on their 2nd contracts because those deals will come from different teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah "let's not discuss anything until after the games are played" makes for really engaging offseason discussions.

The people who just want to be told everything is going to be alright always revert to this "I am of the mind to see see how things work out".............as if everyone on this board isn't planning to watch how things work out.   :doh:

And all you post is negativity.  How is that helpful?

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Cowing or Gould.

Why waste a solid draft pick on a player you are effectively guaranteeing a maximum 4 year career with your team?

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Only need 4 years out of any drafted RB tbh. Doesn't matter what they do on their 2nd contracts because those deals will come from different teams. 

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If a rd 2-4 draft pick has RB2 production for a couple years and RB1 production for another couple years, then leaves (and possibly assists a little with comp formula), how is that not a SOLID investment? Lots of rd 2-4 picks just bust. 

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

The MVS thread does not really discuss him that much but instead duplicates other threads about our WR room. He’s not washed up or a scrub, just an inconsistent WR3-4 who has size, speed, and at times comes up with clutch catches. I think he is a great add to our WR depth, brings big game veteran experience, offers ability in scramble drills, and represents a better value discount Gabe Davis type.

Here’s a bunch more on him for you though:

As I said earlier.........Pat Mahomes had an unfathomable 73 passer rating when targeting MVS last season.

MVS is a guy who had averaged over 1.5 yards per route run during his career...................last year he had .72 yprr.

He fell off a f#cking cliff and hit every branch on the way down last season.

Career worsts in almost everything.

All indications...........including the lack of interest around the league.........are that MVS was washed LAST season.........getting a year older isn't likely to reverse that.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I said earlier.........Pat Mahomes had an unfathomable 73 passer rating when targeting MVS last season.

MVS is a guy who had averaged over 1.5 yards per route run during his career...................last year he had .72 yprr.

He fell off a f#cking cliff and hit every branch on the way down last season.

Career worsts in almost everything.

All indications...........including the lack of interest around the league.........are that MVS was washed LAST season.........getting a year older isn't likely to reverse that.

bad in regular season, good in postseason 

at 1.5m guaranteed, doesn’t really matter does it?

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

You obviously didn't comprehend my post OR

Intentionally trolling.

Either way, carry on with your foolishness 😂

Oh did I misunderstand you?    You were OK with starting those seasons 6-6 before turning Allen into a battering ram?   If so, I apologize for overestimating your intelligence.  

I thought perhaps you saw some value in maybe having a bye week for once to rest that unlucky Mcdefense that only loses because they are so tuckered out for some reason.

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh did I misunderstand you?    You were OK with starting those seasons 6-6 before turning Allen into a battering ram?   If so, I apologize for overestimating your intelligence.  

I thought perhaps you saw some value in maybe having a bye week for once to rest that unlucky Mcdefense that only loses because they are so tuckered out for some reason.

You're just full of yourself...such a joyous presence on here.

You twist what ppl post, not just me but others, thinking you're on some victory lap.

Maybe try to stay with the points ppl are making, instead of turning into a sparky troll when ppl challenge your thoughts.

Weak minded folks tend to rely on this tactic....also called railroading

53 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And all you post is negativity.  How is that helpful?

It's just his typical way of interacting with most on here, that challenge what he's saying. 

He has his moments of good insight.  But he gets lazy and contradicts himself, and instead of staying on point, reverts to arrogant sarcasm as a method of debating a topic.  It's like watching a political debate unfold in front of your eyes.

To your points that I've seen posted, I agree with them.  Regardless of topic, it will somehow spin into McD not bring a good coach OR pointing the finger at him for defensive meltdowns.  It gets old and somehow these posters act like they are much better equipped to be "fortune tellers", because it's their way or the highway.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

LOL.  This is funny coming from you because you never did answer my question mucho pages ago.   In case you've forgotten, I asked you to name one of the WRs you would have taken instead of Ray Davis in the 4th round because you've been continually whining that the Bills should have taken another WR on Day 3 and you singled out Davis.

LOL.  You're still trashing the Davis pick even though you don't have any idea of the WRs who were left when the Bills picked in Round 4.   Here are the WRs taken after the Bills picked at #28 in the 4th round in the order they were drafted in rounds 4-7:  Jacob Cowing, Anthony Gould, Ainais Smith, Jaman Thrash, Bub Means, Jha'Quan Jackson, Malik Washington, Johnny Wilson, Casey Washington, Tejhaun Painter, Jordan Whittington, Ryan Flournoy, Brenden Rice, Devaughn Vele, Tahj Washington, Cornelius Johnson.  So, who would you have picked?

Literally any of them.  Beane used a 4th round pick to draft a guy who turns 25 in November to be a backup RB.  I have no idea how good he will be as a player, but how do you defend the thought process that led to that decision?

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Literally any of them.  Beane used a 4th round pick to draft a guy who turns 25 in November to be a backup RB.  I have no idea how good he will be as a player, but how do you defend the thought process that led to that decision?

Better than a first round pick on a backup RB...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

I honestly don’t hate it. 

If you watch our Embedded, McDermott wanted Van Pran-Granger there, who the Bills got a handful of picks later. 

Joe Brady seems to want the backs involved in the passing game.   Ray Davis is one of the better receiving backs in this Draft, provides us between the tackle running and I don’t think age should be a concern for teams who view RB’s as four year players. 

The Bills RB vision is definitely prioritizing not needing to change the Offense depending on who is in the game. 

In fairness, the fact I love what the Bills did in RD5 certainly helps me be more ok with a RB in RD4. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

Better than a first round pick on a backup RB...

The Chiefs took a swing at a starting RB.  It was a massive failure because he wound up being a backup RB.  Buffalo just spend a 4th round pick trying to get a backup RB.  That makes sense to you?

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

Age has nothing to do with this pick. Mentioning it is absurd.  He’s a RB that will be here for 4 years and then gone.  He’ll play his last play as a bill when he’s 28.  Perfect timing

• Agree 1