Jump to content

Bills Director of Player Personnel Terrance Gray Declines Interview Opportunity With the Patriots


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

TG is actually going to get one of these GM jobs soon. He's very well regarded around the league. He doesn't need to go to any fake Rooney rule interviews.

How would he know which ones are fake, though? That's why I disagree with the Rooney rule

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How would he know which ones are fake, though? That's why I disagree with the Rooney rule

I think it's known that Elliot Wolf is getting this job and they are just going through the motions and doing their Rooney interviews

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think it's known that Elliot Wolf is getting this job and they are just going through the motions and doing their Rooney interviews

It could be that way regardless, though. The problem with every minority interview is that is could be a pity interview to meet a requirement. Any team may know who they want. But the Rooney rule makes them have to satisfy a requirement which is to me is unfair to the minority candidate 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s pretty clear the Bills believe their arch rival are the Patriots and not the Chiefs. 
 

Say what you want about the Chiefs but they don’t cheat their way into their Super Bowls. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It’s pretty clear the Bills believe their arch rival are the Patriots and not the Chiefs. 
 

Say what you want about the Chiefs but they don’t cheat their way into their Super Bowls. 

What? That's some pretty amazing mental gymnastics simply because Terrance Gray declined an interview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

TG is actually going to get one of these GM jobs soon. He's very well regarded around the league. He doesn't need to go to any fake Rooney rule interviews.


Yeah, while the Rooney Rule is a sham, giving a 3rd round pick to a team for hiring a minority goes too far the other way.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, buffblue said:

What? That's some pretty amazing mental gymnastics simply because Terrance Gray declined an interview.


Mental gymnastics for people who have difficulty thinking. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Rooney Rule is trash and should be abolished.  It serves no purpose at all.  Teams have a good idea of who they want and the Rooney rules does jack squat to influence anyone.  It's a charade. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe Gray should take the interview, get offered the job, give them the impression a deal is in place, and then shop that deal to Carolina for a better offer. They can feel jaded by their naivety all over again.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

The Rooney Rule is trash and should be abolished.  It serves no purpose at all.  Teams have a good idea of who they want and the Rooney rules does jack squat to influence anyone.  It's a charade. 

 

It's working though... representation of minorities in the HC ranks has increased since it was implemented.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

 

He knew he wasn't getting that job, so he chose not to interview as a token. Good for him.

 

That's hardly "sticking it to them"...

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

He knew he wasn't getting that job, so he chose not to interview as a token. Good for him.

 

That's hardly "sticking it to them"...

The Rooney rule still sucks. All it does it give minority candidates pity interviews to meet a requirement 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

 

It's working though... representation of minorities in the HC ranks has increased since it was implemented.

 

How do we know that's because of the RR though?  

 

That would seem logical if people with lesser or undistinguished coaching histories have been hired, but coaches are hired because of their distinguished pay performance as coaches.  No?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

 

How do we know that's because of the RR though?  

 

That would seem logical if people with lesser or undistinguished coaching histories have been hired, but coaches are hired because of their distinguished pay performance as coaches.  No?

 

 

 

The league rightfully has chosen to make their head coaching ranks look more like the player representation and so far it has paid off big time, because in 2024 minority head coaches are at the highest number in league history. That is true progress, and the Rooney Rule being in place is a good thing even if there is no "AHA!" data proving that it directly led to the hires.

  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...