Other cities/towns/places you’ve been too that remind you of Buffalo?

Posted (edited)

Cleveland does a little.  Friendly people overall and near a Great Lake.   

The other non obvious place for me is Plainfield, NJ.  It has some good wing places around the city.  Plus in NJ it’s one of the best cities for value for your money in terms of small restaurants imo.  Buffalo always had real good food and I think is still underrated there in general.  That and the Sleepy Hollow part of the city.  There’s older bigger homes there with huge trees.  It reminds me a little of the part of Buffalo by the Darwin Martin house.  And ironically it’s nicknamed the Queen City as well.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Other than the other upstate places like Syracuse and Rochester, Id say Hartford is reminded me a bit of Buffalo.  Just the look and size.  Cleveland is a good comparison.  I always describe Cleveland as "Buffalo on steroids".

I have lived a few different places, and Id say South Jersey was the most at home I felt other than Buffalo.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Other than the other upstate places like Syracuse and Rochester, Id say Hartford is reminded me a bit of Buffalo.  Just the look and size.  Cleveland is a good comparison.  I always describe Cleveland as "Buffalo on steroids".

I have lived a few different places, and Id say South Jersey was the most at home I felt other than Buffalo.  

Is there anything fun to do in Hartford?  I see they have a big 90's Con there now and I'm kinda interested in checking it out but not sure a trip based on that alone would be worth it.  I know New Haven is pretty close by so would probably stop there for a Day and do a little Pizza tour. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 3:42 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Is there anything fun to do in Hartford?  I see they have a big 90's Con there now and I'm kinda interested in checking it out but not sure a trip based on that alone would be worth it.  I know New Haven is pretty close by so would probably stop there for a Day and do a little Pizza tour. 

Hartford is kind of a rough town actually. Going to hockey or baseball games is fine but there isn't much else happening downtown. 

A little advice about getting pizza in New Haven. If you don't place an order in the morning or day before at one of the famous places (Frank Pepe, Sally's, Modern, Zuppardi) you're not getting pizza. They are that busy now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Not much in Hartford. Lived in Bristol for 2 years. Literally a quarter mile away  from ESPN HQ.  Went to the street  and  looked over and could see the satellite dishes. Was only in Hartford  for a Whalers game (when I went to interview for my job) and to see  the Sabres vs Whalers. Got to sit 2 rows behind the Sabres bench because there was  a snowstorm. Went to see the USS Nautilus in New London  and Mystic Seaport. Basketball HOF  is only  30-40 miles north in Springfield, MA. 

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Baltimore a little bit.  Ethnic neighborhoods, good local taverns, a food that identifies the city (wings/crabs), a feeling of inferiority toward another city (NYC/Washington, DC).  

I lived in Baltimore in the 80s and would agree. Philadelphia is a huge city but gives off a Buffalo vibe. Buffalo is an odd city to classify. Is it East Coast or Midwest? 

I also lived in Charleston WV and that city lands between the East Coast, Midwest and South. It's all but also none.

• Like (+1) 1