Roast of Brady!

15 minutes ago, julian said:

Enough crying about the AH jokes.. it’s a roast wtf, the dude was a POS who ended lives and ruined many others including his own child.

To the people complaining about it, don’t watch roasts, they’re no topics off limits and certainly not AH and him doing the world a favour and self deleting.

I wasn’t offended. I’m not one to be easily offended, but I thought NFL teams were supposed to be brotherhoods. Anytime I’ve seen groups of guys work together they become close knit, no matter how much they like each other. There’s certain things you’d think are off limits once part of that brotherhood. I’m not expecting them to condone AH’s actions, but the Pats organization had no issue when he helped them win games. They knew exactly who he was, and didn’t care. Now they make jokes about him. I’m not defending the memory of AH, rather questioning the character of that organization. 

26 minutes ago, julian said:

Enough crying about the AH jokes.. it’s a roast wtf, the dude was a POS who ended lives and ruined many others including his own child.

To the people complaining about it, don’t watch roasts, they’re no topics off limits and certainly not AH and him doing the world a favour and self deleting.

Chill man, I was just saying it's an insensitive topic to some ppl...especially if you've had any family/friends deal with a similar experience.

Like someone joking about cancer, why even bring that material in?

Plenty of other good material to roast Brady and others on, just didn't think it was necessary or smart to even include AH.

Like I said, rest of the roast was solid.  Ppl can have different opinions on what is "off limits" in a roast.  It was "Roast of Tom Brady", I didn't understand the rationale of including AH to begin with.  Moving on, I'm not upset about it, seems like many others on social media/family are though

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I wasn’t offended. I’m not one to be easily offended, but I thought NFL teams were supposed to be brotherhoods. Anytime I’ve seen groups of guys work together they become close knit, no matter how much they like each other. There’s certain things you’d think are off limits once part of that brotherhood. I’m not expecting them to condone AH’s actions, but the Pats organization had no issue when he helped them win games. They knew exactly who he was, and didn’t care. Now they make jokes about him. I’m not defending the memory of AH, rather questioning the character of that organization. 

The NFL brotherhood thing might be the biggest joke of the night

signed Sean Peyton offering up money for his team to injure “their brothers”.

Or

countless defender launching themselves like missile into the ball carries dome (now illegal). 

Uhm, was this a confession?

“The NFL spent $20 million and found it was ‘more probable than not’ that I was ‘generally aware’ that someone may have deflated my footballs,” Brady said. “You could have just given me the $20 million and I would just told you I ***** did it.”

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The truth hurts 

Q. why is Brady interested in an ownership stake in the Raiders

A. I am tired of owning the Colts and Bills...

now has 8 rings since Giselle gave her back to him

5 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

In all honesty, this was the best Roast I have ever had the pleasure to watch!

Funny as hell and no restraints!

Evidently Brady stood up off camera and squashed some comments about massages RE Kraft.....so I guess there was that one ground rule.  Not much else though.  Nikki Glaser and Ross do this stuff all the time, they are brutal and fun to listen to but you have to check anything you get offended about at the door.

41 minutes ago, BillsFanTastic said:

I took a personal oath to never like anything that organization/franchise does other than loose football games…..  

To each their own but this is worth watching IMO.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Roast itself was good, minus the Aaron Hernandez suicide jokes. 

Dude committed a crime, condemn him for that...but suicide shouldn't be joked about on national tv....during MH awareness month, Hernandez still has a daughter, I could go on and on.  

That part wasn't smart to include IMO.  Rest of the roast was great though

Totally understand you stance here, but I just don't think people are associating Hernandez with "Mental Health" as much as they are cold blooded killer who chose violence his whole life on how to deal with things.  So not sure he is going to get a lot of sympathy because of that.  I would also presume his daughter would skip any Roast of anyone closely tied to Hernandez if she couldn't handle the AH jokes too.  

Everyone has different tastes and limits with humor...for me, I thought it was great, but also don't fault you for feeling different about it.  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Uhm, was this a confession?

“The NFL spent $20 million and found it was ‘more probable than not’ that I was ‘generally aware’ that someone may have deflated my footballs,” Brady said. “You could have just given me the $20 million and I would just told you I ***** did it.”

That was the genius of this statement...it probably was a confession, but if Goodell or anyone in the NFL pressed him on it in his quest to buy into the Raiders (or any other team) he can easily deflect it and just say it was a joke, even take it a step further and just say one of the comedians wrote it or pitched it to him as a joke.

My wife and I laughed pretty hard when he said it.  I mean its not like anyone believes he didn't do it, even my Pats fan friends say he definitely did it ha.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Roast itself was good, minus the Aaron Hernandez suicide jokes. 

Dude committed a crime, condemn him for that...but suicide shouldn't be joked about on national tv....during MH awareness month, Hernandez still has a daughter, I could go on and on.  

That part wasn't smart to include IMO.  Rest of the roast was great though

There was other stuff that is offensive to some....that is what happens at these roasts.  For instance making for of kids with disabilities.....depending on life experiences different jokes can be hard to hear.  I think if you want to consume one of these you have to be willing to put the real life stuff off to the side.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Chill man, I was just saying it's an insensitive topic to some ppl...especially if you've had any family/friends deal with a similar experience.

Like someone joking about cancer, why even bring that material in?

Plenty of other good material to roast Brady and others on, just didn't think it was necessary or smart to even include AH.

Like I said, rest of the roast was solid.  Ppl can have different opinions on what is "off limits" in a roast.  It was "Roast of Tom Brady", I didn't understand the rationale of including AH to begin with.  Moving on, I'm not upset about it, seems like many others on social media/family are though

There’s plenty of topics that are sensitive that many deal with, it’s comedy and it’s a roast where you’re guaranteed there’s nothing off limit, you’re entitled to have your opinion on what’s “off limit” of course but self deletion isn’t really topic seen as controversial.

I would stay away from roasts and lean more towards family friendly material like sitcoms, all comedy isn’t for all people, just make more suitable viewing decisions for your tolerance level.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t think they knew he was running around shooting people and murdering others lol, I understand the hatred for the Patriots organization but it’s a major stretch to suggest they were complicit with murder and now have the audacity to make fun at his expense.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t disagree, but I think there’s a difference between being in the league as a whole, and on the same team. Additionally, I don’t think playing outside the rules is viewed the same as personal trash talk. Football consists of mostly dudes in their twenties. They probably aren’t thinking long term ramifications of injuring another player, and likely don’t take it as seriously as some fans. Getting into personal insults is often viewed as the worst offense on the streets or working with a large group of guys. 

If the Patriots knew he was a violent killer, they wouldn't have signed him.  Second, the ex Pats werent the ones making AH jokes, it was the comics.  

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The difference is Brady and everyone who participated signed up for the roast.  That is what you saw, it was not hard to predict the topics they were going to go after.   These things are as brutal as you can get....that is the point to go where you are not supposed to go.   Those who participated knew what they were signing up for.  

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Several ex pats made AH jokes including Brady

Ah, typing I was only recalling some of the comics, but either way, I don't blame them and would have too.  

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If the Patriots knew he was a violent killer, they wouldn't have signed him.  Second, the ex Pats werent the ones making AH jokes, it was the comics.  

I get that, but I find it difficult to believe the team and players didn’t know he had gang affiliations. Former players have said they’d joke with him about it during games. It just didn’t matter to the Pats when he helped them win. 

Edited by SirAndrew

17 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

This was amazing. The Hernandez jokes were so savage lol 

Gloriously savage.  Such a POS 

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Anyone notice how Bill Belichick rushed over to shake Peyton Manning's hand? Brady saw and put his head down and turned away.

It's so hilarious how much bad blood there is between Brady, Belichick, and Kraft. Belichick wanting nothing to do with getting up there with Kraft, but he had to.

BB is such a tool.  Arrogant and self indulgent