OBJ To Miami

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yeah, what you say is plausible, but somehow before he brought them in, I was more confident in the plan to bring in a top WR happening.

I just can't fathom the narrative that many here are satisfied with about changing the offense and building a bully, etc.

Great, I've no real objections to that, but do it with a WR room that isn't bottom five in the league.

I was more confident until I started to consider the T Pegula economics.  Without Kim he may be more willing to go with a relatively inexpensive rebuild year.  And for the FO, McB's get a non-pressure low expectation year.

But yeah, why the fans would be on board is baffling.  Get Josh a good WR group!

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

They didn't really have that all-pro TE for more than 60% of last season, and their ROOKIE WR was a MUCH larger piece of the puzzle than Beckham Jr. In fact, Beckham's numbers were closer to BOTH TEs (including the injured one) than they were to Flowers. He DID way outpace Agholor and Bateman lol, I guess.

Baltimore is not where WRs go to flourish. So that's in fact a benefit to Beckham's prospects. Those highlights are sharp. But still, he has not logged a complete, successful season, in a LONG time. 

From what I saw of ravens he was good last year and as importantly he looked engaged

Yes he is older and not as physically capable but he's still got the complete repertoire of an NFL wideout. It's not a Davis situation where the guy's ability isn't commensurate to his spot on the depth chart...similar to Sanders who played a very useful WR3 role in the 2021 offense, a guy like Beckham Jr can definitely contribute in the right offense imo

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

From what I saw of ravens he was good last year and as importantly he looked engaged

Yes he is older and not as physically capable but he's still got the complete repertoire of an NFL wideout. It's not a Davis situation where the guy's ability isn't commensurate to his spot on the depth chart...similar to Sanders who played a very useful WR3 role in the 2021 offense, a guy like Beckham Jr can definitely contribute in the right offense imo

Yea he isn't a difference maker anymore. But as a complimentary player he is still a legit NFL starting wide receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Again, OBJ wasn’t coming here to play behind Shakir, Samuel, and Coleman.

He wouldn't be behind any of those players IMO. And why did he go to Miami to play behind Hill and Waddle if that's his concern?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Not sure why everyone thinks he is totally washed. It's upsetting that Beane didn't think this type of talent was worth Deonte Harty money when our outside WR depth chart is the worst in the league. I just don't get it.

We don't know that he didn't talk to Odell or his people. We don't often hear about anything from One Bills Drive unless the player signs. I could easily see a scenario where OBJ would choose setting up base on South Beach rather than Buffalo.

And with Florida's tax situation vs. NY's tax situation, offering the same amount they did wouldn't be an equal deal. We would have had to have matched their top offer plus add more to make up for the difference in Florida's taxes vs. New York's and maybe even more to convince him to give up the South Beach lifestyle - which I could see meaning more to a guy like OBJ than your average athlete.

So it wouldn't have been the same deal and I don't think we'd have been able to swing it until June.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s going to be their WR3 immediately, plus he wants to be in Miami.  

He wanted to be in Miami 5 days before a playoff game in New York back in the day if my memory serves 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

It’s comical to read over on their boards that “obj picked Miami” etx., insinuating it’s because they’re good or something.  Or that players wanna play w Tua.  Lmao. 

It’s not like the sun, beaches or atmosphere had anything to do with it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ngbills said:

They were good last year and almost beat us out. That is with Tua and we have Josh. What does that tell you if Tua is so bad. They take another step and they have passed us. Funny how people love to say they are all hype when we are the team underperforming with a top QB. 

Essentially punted on the draft - trade back and get Coleman.

Now punting on the vets - we get Claypool.

Tua is what he is, a decent but not great QB.  He wasn't the reason the Fish lost the AFCE and got abused by KC (with their second-rate WR room) in the playoffs.  The fact is that Miami is a one-trick pony on offense, and when tough defenses shut them down, they have no Plan B on their offense.  Their D couldn't handle good offenses very well, either.  IOW, they're good at beating up on cellar-dwellers but can't beat decent teams with good defenses as evidenced that they only beat 1 or 2 teams with winning records.  (Faux Super Bowl Contenders).

Their D suffered serious losses in the off-season, and unlike the Bills' defensive losses, these were of players who were major contributors.   They also have a new DC.

Signing OBJ does nothing about their real problems.

Edited by SoTier
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Delightful!

But the fact remains that were it not for a miracle run at the end of last season, they'd have won it.

ROTLMAO!    Yes the Bills went on a tear at the end of the season, but Miami lost 4 or 5 out of their last 6 games, including a loss to the Titans as well as another loss to the Bills.

19 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Back to hearing how Lamar has no weapons..

Real talk, Miami should be really good this year.

yeah, really really good--the Bills better look out!!

Did you think the Jets were going to be really good last year, this year?

19 hours ago, ngbills said:

They were good last year and almost beat us out. That is with Tua and we have Josh. What does that tell you if Tua is so bad. They take another step and they have passed us. Funny how people love to say they are all hype when we are the team underperforming with a top QB. 

Essentially punted on the draft - trade back and get Coleman.

Now punting on the vets - we get Claypool.

Yikes--is there anything, any move, any aspect of the team that you actually like?

I am very critical at times, but to throw hate at almost every move they make is crazy.  Get a new team--find one you actually like maybe, and don't despise?

19 hours ago, Putin said:

You are not worried about Tua throwing the ball ? He had more passing yards then our Franchise QB 

Did you watch any of the Dolphins games against good teams last year?

I would go back and do so....

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Miami gets it! 

Love their approach.  If we could just swap coaching staffs, we'd be a much more serious contender than we are.

What makes you say that their coaching staff is better than the Bills?

The Bills dominate them, have done a lot more, have actually been a contender, even last year with a slew of major injuries both early in the season and late in the season.

So, can you explain your point, why you believe this?

Or, is it just a joke, sarcasm?

I am assuming the latter is the case-?

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

What makes you say that their coaching staff is better than the Bills?

The Bills dominate them, have done a lot more, have actually been a contender, even last year with a slew of major injuries both early in the season and late in the season.

So, can you explain your point, why you believe this?

Or, is it just a joke, sarcasm?

I am assuming the latter is the case-?

Yes, the coaching staff that led two epic collapses over the last two years.  That can’t beat a winning team.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

yeah, really really good--the Bills better look out!!

Did you think the Jets were going to be really good last year, this year?

I bet you are the joy of the AA meetings.

• Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I bet you are the joy of the AA meetings.

i guess that is a "yes" on the Jets too!

Predict: you will have an immensely disappointing football season this coming year, again, as your preferred teams don't, again, come close to knocking off the Bills.

Best Wishes!

6 hours ago, FLFan said:

Yes, the coaching staff that led two epic collapses over the last two years.  That can’t beat a winning team.  

Wait, which team are you speaking of here? Dolphins, I assume-? I hope!

Edited by Mister Defense

20 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Delightful!

But the fact remains that were it not for a miracle run at the end of last season, they'd have won it.

I agree.   I’ll add, if not for the sun we’d live in darkness.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Tua is what he is, a decent but not great QB.  He wasn't the reason the Fish lost the AFCE and got abused by KC (with their second-rate WR room) in the playoffs.  The fact is that Miami is a one-trick pony on offense, and when tough defenses shut them down, they have no Plan B on their offense.  Their D couldn't handle good offenses very well, either.  IOW, they're good at beating up on cellar-dwellers but can't beat decent teams with good defenses as evidenced that they only beat 1 or 2 teams with winning records.  (Faux Super Bowl Contenders).

Their D suffered serious losses in the off-season, and unlike the Bills' defensive losses, these were of players who were major contributors.   They also have a new DC.

Signing OBJ does nothing about their real problems.

Agreed on all points and couldn’t write it better SoTier.  Those losses to defense amd their Coordinator must have stung.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

i guess that is a "yes" on the Jets too!

Predict: you will have an immensely disappointing this coming year, again, as your preferred teams don't, again, come close to knocking off the Bills.

Best Wishes!

Wait, which team are you speaking of here? Dolphins, I assume-? I hope!

Yes.

• Like (+1) 1