RG3 Interview with Keon Coleman

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Surprised KC doesn't like gumbo, but maybe he's sick of it.

LOL he said he scoops out all the seafood but leaves the "sauce".

A decision approved by Mack "did you ever see a lion eat soup? I want food I can eat with my hands!" Hollins.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

A decision approved by Mack "did you ever see a lion eat soup? I want food I can eat with my hands!" Hollins.

"I don't want my bowl all flooded!" 😅

I'll say this about Keon Coleman: Dude is objectively hilarious. He's a character. Someone on Twitter said Coleman should be Mic'd up all season long, and I agree. The huddles with him and Josh Allen and Dawkins are gonna be goddamned hilarious.

I'm rooting for him. Smart, hard working, high character, football junkie...and most of all, brimming with personality and a great sense of humor. We had a deficit in that department with the loss of Tre White, so I'm glad we brought another joker on board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I'm still watching, but it has raised a question for me - unrelated to football.

When Keon talked about cooking, he talked about pork chops with a sauce that sounded like he said Deer or Beer sauce. Is that correct? What type of sauce is it?

Edited by Simstim

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

As someone who is soup-skeptical (although I don't hate it), I fully approve of KC's opinion on the matter! 

Relatedly, here's a passage from a legal historian's book that I published a few years back:

'Despite his efforts to present himself as a man of the people, Nixon mistrusted the public and preferred secrecy to sunshine.  Aspiring to become royalty, he went so far as to outfit White House security as elaborately as Buckingham Palace guards.  Like LBJ, he saw the press, eastern elites and the “Georgetown crowd” as enemies. Like Johnson, too, he proved dogged in his persistence:  Nixon was someone who courted his future wife by driving her to dates with other men.  But in contrast to his predecessor, the new President was solitary.  So uncomfortable did the Republican become at state dinners that he pressed aides to cut them down to 58 minutes.  (As part of his effort, he banished the soup course on the theory that “men don’t really like soup.”)'

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rarely discussed but I think the league would be better if RGIII had made it.  He’s a really interesting dude.

Usually provides intelligent points and conversation. Rarely goes with hot takes for clicks. I like listening to him talk about football.

31 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As someone who is soup-skeptical (although I don't hate it), I fully approve of KC's opinion on the matter! 

Relatedly, here's a passage from a legal historian's book that I published a few years back:

'Despite his efforts to present himself as a man of the people, Nixon mistrusted the public and preferred secrecy to sunshine.  Aspiring to become royalty, he went so far as to outfit White House security as elaborately as Buckingham Palace guards.  Like LBJ, he saw the press, eastern elites and the “Georgetown crowd” as enemies. Like Johnson, too, he proved dogged in his persistence:  Nixon was someone who courted his future wife by driving her to dates with other men.  But in contrast to his predecessor, the new President was solitary.  So uncomfortable did the Republican become at state dinners that he pressed aides to cut them down to 58 minutes.  (As part of his effort, he banished the soup course on the theory that “men don’t really like soup.”)'

Said the guy who ate cottage cheese with ketchup for breakfast.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Simstim said:

I'm still watching, but it has raised a question for me - unrelated to football.

When Keon talked about cooking, he talked about pork chops with a sauce that sounded like he said Deer or Beer sauce. Is that correct? What type of sauce is it?

Deer. It's a Cajun gravy (like how Italians call pasta sauce gravy). Goolge cajun piquante sauce.

Edited by Mikey152
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously these guys from big colleges get interviewed and appear on TV well before they enter the NFL, but this guy already seems quite seasoned at it all. Seems completely relaxed having questions thrown at him and comes across as very confident in himself

43 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

Deer. It's a Cajun gravy (like how Italians call pasta sauce gravy). Goolge cajun piquante sauce.

I did. It sounds utterly delicious. I might try to make it. Thank you very much for that.

As for Keon. One interview and I'm already a huge fan. Seems like a smart humble guy that works really hard. Can't think what McBeane saw in him.

17 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm not saying he will be good or not. But watching him in interviews without playing brings me back to Tre doing interviews without playing a single down. I just like them and wish them the best on the field.

rooting for him, for sure!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Simstim said:

I think it's "deer sauce" or piquante sauce.  This guy will tell you how it's done (sauce starts in about 2 min in).  I believe it's pretty common in Louisiana to put it on just about everything - pork, chicken, gator, deer, seafood

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All Bills fans should be rooting for this kid (regardless of your or other pre-draft assessments of him) because he's a Buffalo Bill now.

But, damn, this kid is SO likeable, charming, funny and easy to root for.

I can't remember the last time, maybe Josh just because he was a high draft pick QB, where I wanted someone to succeed like this kid.

RG3 made a comment about him sounding like a coach or analyst when Keon was discussing a corner he played with. Keon just shrugged and said something like, "Nah, I'm just a guy who loves football."

Love this kid. Go Keon, go Bills!

Im glad some of the people around here are doing a 180 and coming around to like Coleman the way some of us did leading up to the draft.  It is kinda funny that its because of his personality and epic interviews though haha.  

I said it on draft night, this kid is one of the most ready to play and be a WR1 in the draft.  This won't be a situation where they bring him along slowly like they have done with some other rookies in the past.  He will be a factor this year and I can't wait to see bringing down those TD's in the redzone instead of kicking FGs

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Keon doesn’t partake in alcohol. He’s better than us.

He’s literally UNDERAGE! Fessin’ up would ID him as a scofflaw.

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

No, he pretty much said he doesn't like NOLA food 🙁

He doesn’t like soup!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, zow2 said:

I hope Coleman can remain the happy-go-lucky guy throughout his career.  

It's not too long ago when Tre White showed up with his big fun personality.  Then he got injured, and his fun side got injured as well.  I'm not saying it wouldn't have destroyed me either, but Tre was never the same after the first injury.  He rarely did media stuff after that.  Mentally it must've been hell.

Miss Tre' a lot - and have since the ACL save three games last year.  Hope he comes back and kills it for LA, and works his way back to Buffalo to finish up at the end, sound and healthy.

Edited by MarlinTheMagician

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Fantastic interview.  Thanks for posting.  For those wondering whether to listen or not, just hit the play button and enjoy!

I made my wife watch it a few minutes ago and she’s ready to buy his jersey! (Sidenote: RG III is awesome and I feel like a dupe for falling for Danny Snyder’s character assassination campaign against him.)

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Awesome! (+1) 1