New Bills WR. Former Lion Quintez Cephus

MAJBobby

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

Beckham is a hasbeen. Hollywood brown has a neat name. Tee Higgins is peerless price. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Samuel is a poor man's lee Evans. 

Peerless Price in his prime > any WR on the current Bills roster. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

So this has to tell us that the Bills viewed Cephus as a better low cost investment than a Day 3 WR?  

Beane clearly had this in the works yesterday and mentioned it in his press conference. 

I just don’t get it.

After Coleman, Samuel & Shakir, we have JAG’s battling it out for 4-6. 

What team has a an all pro at Wr 4-6?  Hollins is a NFL wr.  Thats 4.  Shorter, Shaver, Hamler, and Isabella fighting for the final spot.  Not terrible. 

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sure it will. When Diggs was in his prime in 2022 and the first half of 2023 we were still missing a true WR2. Even in a best case scenario for Coleman's career I don't expect him to be close to as good as Diggs in his prime right away, nor is it fair to expect that. But even if he immediately pans out to his potential, the #2 outside WR is still a gaping hole on the roster. So realistically we very likely got worse at WR1 and WR2 even in a best case scenario.

Think this is the source of most of my frustration

It wasn't a given that we would improve at those positions through the draft but they didn't even try

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

Agree 50%. I think the key is Cook. If he can pose a 3 down running threat we will be improve from the end of last year. We know with the rest of the backs rostered that don't offer much more than short yardage or sub packages. Cook needs to be a full feature back.

Cook showed last year he can be a featured guy. Top 5 in rushing and scrimmage yards. That said he has to keep doing 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

Peerless price < Alvin Harper

A 2nd wr to a premier #1 is yuge

No doubt. Price put up his best numbers as a WR2. We all saw what happened when he went to ATL to be a WR1. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Cook showed last year he can be a featured guy. Top 5 in rushing and scrimmage yards. That said he has to keep doing 

He has to get the ball more that 12 times/game. 

I hate to break it to you guys but he ran a 4.62 40 yd dash

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He needs to ***** catch the ***** ball and ***** hold on to it.  11.1% drops and 4 fumbles is not acceptable for a featured guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No doubt. Price put up his best numbers as a WR2. We all saw what happened when he went to ATL to be a WR1. 

Samuel, Diggs, and a top pick this year (odunze, Harrison, nabors) would have been a top unit. 4th wr as Shakir.  Kincaid at tight end.  Yikes. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

True. 18-25 be ideal unless Davis shows can be a true complimentary RB.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Oooo look. Only a 40 in shorts guy. 

fine how about the 

already in the WR room. 

I think we've underestimated the likelihood that Brady has some planned role in this offense for Hamler or Isabella... whoever wins that 2-way competition. Those 2 guys are basically the exact player that would complement the drafting of Coleman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I hate to break it to you guys but he ran a 4.62 40 yd dash

He needs to ***** catch the ***** ball and ***** hold on to it.  11.1% drops and 4 fumbles is not acceptable for a featured guy.

And despite all that he was a top 5 in the league guy. 

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

Considering all the actual high character guts they just drafted, this is really a strange signing.

Especially if they maybe passed on players like Mitchell and Burton because of character issues of one kind or another.

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And despite all that he was a top 5 in the league guy. 

Yes.  That's what makes it frustrating.   Cook has the potential to be a talented "freakazoid" for us, if he could clean up those issues a bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Yes.  That's what makes it frustrating.   Cook has the potential to be a talented "freakazoid" for us, if he could clean up those issues a bit.

I'm hoping he does too. Yet I think people don't realize just how good he was last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think we've underestimated the likelihood that Brady has some planned role in this offense for Hamler or Isabella... whoever wins that 2-way competition. Those 2 guys are basically the exact player that would complement the drafting of Coleman.

The problem with KJ Hamler (and Cephus for that matter) is that they've been plagued by injuries. 

Hamler has had two torn ACLs (HS and pro), two hammies serious enough for IR as a pro, a torn pec, and pericarditis.  If it weren't for bad injury luck, he'd have no luck at all. 

Isabella came out with questions about his hands, and has never managed to get on the field very much.  The positive thing is he saw some ST snaps last season - not as the returner, but presumably as a gunner due to his speed.

So if Brady has plans that require a guy with their skillsets, it f'in sucks that we didn't take a draft shot at a similar profile player who hasn't racked up the years of ??

If we're talking dark horse WR at the bottom of the roster, Bryan Thompson interests me.  He's not a super speedy guy, but the draft profile I found (and I had to dig) had very positive things to say about his route-running abilities and release moves, and concluded he was worth stashing on a PS for a year to see if he could develop.  So we signed him as an UDFA and stashed him....now we'll see.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Success said:

The reactions on this thread border on the ridiculous.

Beane can't even sign a camp body without people losing their minds.

I'll be honest I'm not opposed to it, he's proven he can play in this league. He's still young. Ideally he's a outside depth piece. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1