For those that don’t like the Coleman pick

whorlnut

29 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

For those of you that aren’t thrilled about the Keon Coleman pick…remember one thing.  Word came out that he was the last receiver left on Allen’s wish list. Thats a big deal. Why would Beane not want to consult the face of his franchise when trying to get him more weapons?

This tells me that Allen’s wish list included Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Coleman, and probably Thomas. Think of it this way…if worthy, pearsall, or legette were on that list, they would have taken them at 28, or at most 32 for legette. I’m sure Beane would have liked to have traded down another time, but he could have risked losing Coleman.

I wasn’t overly thrilled with Coleman being the guy, but while he might lack separation on tape, and a good 40 time, he also had amazing splits in the 40 and other drills. The drills are where the football comes out in these guys…you know, catching the ball. Haha. Anyways…when you look at the bigger picture with Coleman, it’s not a bad pick at all. The guy is really athletic, has great hands and body control…and most of all…Allen wanted him.  

Andre Reed was a 4th round pick from the small college of Kutztown University; never heard of it until he was drafted and never heard of it since. HOFer and IMHO the greatest WR to ever put on a Bills Uniform.

Edited by amprov56
  • Like (+1) 1

My 2 cents is this, watch the tape.  I don't give a damn about the underwear olympics.  The guy gets separation, is physical as hell, quick, catches with his hands and catches a ton that Davis dropped. Also as for as the 40 time, WATCH HIS TAPE.  He has no problem with football speed.  

Look Im gonna give this guy a chance, he works his ass off and is very coachable. Listen to how he was when Beane called him. He feels humbled and blessed for the opportunity.  Lets give the kid a chance, I bet he works out ok.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hopefully it works out,  but its a little concerning if the QB is making the skill position picks.  

Seriously doubt he is making the picks but why would you not want input?

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, zevo said:

ive seen a lot of Gabe 2.0. Remember Gabe making those big time catches in big spots. prior to the disappointing season last year. If we can get a better version of Gabe as a floor...its a successful pick.

For every big play Gabe made he had an easy or crucial drop as well. Not just last year, but every year. Coleman has one of the lowest drop rates and fights for the ball

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

My 2 cents is this, watch the tape.  I don't give a damn about the underwear olympics.  The guy gets separation, is physical as hell, quick, catches with his hands and catches a ton that Davis dropped. Also as for as the 40 time, WATCH HIS TAPE.  He has no problem with football speed.  

Look Im gonna give this guy a chance, he works his ass off and is very coachable. Listen to how he was when Beane called him. He feels humbled and blessed for the opportunity.  Lets give the kid a chance, I be he works out ok.

Great post!

• Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, zevo said:

ive seen a lot of Gabe 2.0. Remember Gabe making those big time catches in big spots. prior to the disappointing season last year. If we can get a better version of Gabe as a floor...its a successful pick.

I would take that for sure. Gabe was good at what he was good at but struggled with everything else. That’s why he was so inconsistent. He was good at getting down the field, especially on broken plays. I’m hoping Coleman will give you some of that while also running a little more of the route tree.

Just now, Calidiehard said:

For every big play Gabe made he had an easy or crucial drop as well. Not just last year, but every year. Coleman has one of the lowest drop rates and fights for the ball

No doubt. That’s why I’m excited for Coleman. The guy that’s open even when he is covered 

• Like (+1) 2

Well, he's a Bill and one of us now and I will cheer him on. That said he's not a X and now one of many Bill pass catchers working the middle of the field. Still nobody for DCs to fear deep. No elite speed anywhere on this offense. I guess we're doing slow explosive plays.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s probably true and an interesting thought. The drops were tough last year.

ya both my brothers,  both Cowboys fans thought Diggs was super overrated and he obviously had a major drop that puts 7 on the board in our biggest game,  was invisible for half a year. 

We have 2 super athletic, twitchy guys that get separation in Shakir,Samuel and a dangerous TE in Kincaid.  

I love that theyadded a whole new dimension in Coleman. Could be a contested catch freak. 

The reality is, only a handful of these WR will get a 2nd contract with the team that drafted them and out of our realistic options,  I love that we went with the guy who isn't a replica of our top 2 WR options 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Well, he's a Bill and one of us now and I will cheer him on. That said he's not a X and now one of many Bill pass catchers working the middle of the field. Still nobody for DCs to fear deep. No elite speed anywhere on this offense. I guess we're doing slow explosive plays.

Curtis Samuel's Combine 40 time is in the 96th percentile for WR. 

He's been in and flirted with being one of the Top 20 fastest ball carriers each season he's been in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, balln said:

Allen has been on record and even piecing together his off seasons. He takes 1-2 months off completely. No working out. Goes plays golf. Travels w his lady friend

he says he doesn’t participate in draft process, no interviews, no game tape

he said he watches the YouTube highlight vids. 

I DO not want in anyway Allen to make picks directly. I think this is all funny interview filler. 

I don’t want him making picks directly. But the single most important person for your franchise should have input. And he does. 

35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hopefully it works out,  but its a little concerning if the QB is making the skill position picks.  

Kincaid seems to be working out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, amprov56 said:

And what would that be?

The QB knows more than we do as average fans, but he's still a player and not a scout.  He hasn't worked in the pro or college personnel department.  

The comp to Gabe Davis, a 4th round pick, that came in as 4/5 behind a young Diggs, Beasley, McKenzie, Sanders, and Knox is funny. 

Davis developed as a 4th rounder. 2nd rounders who were nearly a first rounder is a funny comp

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Curtis Samuel's Combine 40 time is in the 96th percentile for WR. 

He's been in and flirted with being one of the Top 20 fastest ball carriers each season he's been in the NFL. 

Played 75% of snaps in the slot. Currently where most of our pass catchers operate.  We still have no true X or even a #1 receiver. 

• Thank you (+1) 1