Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

This could all be a vote of confidence for Justin Shorter too.  We have a high pick WR.  We can’t draft 10 of them.  There will be others available tomorrow.  In Rd3 the chances of us getting a quality, starting WR are not good.  There are 21 other positions that equally as important 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can see the people saying they know more than our one GM, but when people start to claim to be smarter than all 32 gms that passed on Franklin then I start to go hmmmmm haha 

The entire board knows a DT can't play WR.

The entire board knows a heavy DT rotation has not worked in the playoffs to stop anyone.

Enjoy owning the fifth round!!!!

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Great strategy Beane. Use a 3rd round pick on a rotational DT, rather than go WR.  Someone might want to remind Brandon that Diggs & Davis are no longer on the roster?

Unfortunately, I think they think Samuel and Coleman are the Diggs and Davis replacements and anyone else would just be depth (though we just picked a depth DT). Even if that is the case, we should want better depth than Justin Shorter 🤢, Mack Hollins, and Andy Isaballa

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Jesus christ. You mean the same people that Daniel Jeremiah still has listed in his top 100 or even top 75 players? Those guys? You make it sound like because they are still there and I have heard of them that they suck. Try again 

If Jeremiah has them listed in his top 100, and no NFL team in reality drafts them in the top 100, who was inaccurate? All 32 teams, or Jeremiah?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Best WR draft in four years. Trade down for a lesser WR and take a S and DT. Lmao

How many teams took 2 WRs so far? Cuz ya know double dipping should help teams that have bad WRs like Baltimore and Arizona and Carolina....

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Is he this years Boogie Basham?

God, I hope not.  

I think he's a legit player, although it could be said, undersized for a DT in the NFL.  But he seems to be a player in the Kyle Williams "rolling ball of butcher knives" mold.

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We need another guy, agreed.   Either trade up early tomorrow and get a speed guy to be WR4 or see what’s out there after 6/1. 

He does have a good OL with Kincaid, Knox, Cook, Coleman, Shakir and Samuel. 

Not nothing.. but agreed.. once again, Defense looks like it’s receiving strong investment, while Offense is .. so far .. just replacing guys with equal or less proven guys. 

To be fair, you could say that about defense, too, right?  Bishop is replacing Poyer and Hyde with a less proven guy.  Carter is replacing Jordan Phillips with a less proven guy.

We cut or let walk a bunch of vet defenders this off-season.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, henry jones said:

This could all be a vote of confidence for Justin Shorter too.  We have a high pick WR.  We can’t draft 10 of them.  There will be others available tomorrow.  In Rd3 the chances of us getting a quality, starting WR are not good.  There are 21 other positions that equally as important 

now this is horseshit.  all 22 positions are not equal, not at all.

2 minutes ago, henry jones said:

You could say in rd 3 getting a quality starter at any position are not good. 

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I’m totally cool with everything. Beane is trying to saturate this roster with young and cheap talent. Did we get a superstar like Nabers or Odunze? No, but we have good depth all across the board now.

They have to their old as hell. Year after year the Bills fill gaps with 1 year guys especially at DT. I think they wanted to move on from Daquon Jones tbh but had no one at 1 Tech so they brought him back. He’s 33 coming off a serious injury.  Austin Johnson is on a 1 year deal and then they have fodder like Eli Ankou. They need some stability and youth at positions including DT. Most fans only care about the given year which is fine 

Is Carter going to be Chris Jones probably not but he can develop into a good backup 3 Tech and possible future 1 Tech. It’s pick 95 not 25 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

How many teams took 2 WRs so far? Cuz ya know double dipping should help teams that have bad WRs like Baltimore and Arizona and Carolina....

How many teams lost their top 2 WR this off-season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Two goofballs and a quiet guy are all that is needed for leaders huh?  They’re great players but their leadership is unproven.

Lost: Poyer, Hyde, Morse, Diggs, Gabe, Tre.  All leaders in their own way and Morse, Hyde, Poyer all have a maturity level that will be missed.  Tre led with friendliness and work ethic and will also be missed.  Diggs and Gabe can be debated but not dismissed.

I doubt a 3rd round DT will be looked at as a leader right away but that’s not the point.  Your assertion that we are all set is plainly silly.

Sure ok, I don't disagree with anything you said. 

Won't make any difference in January on 3rd and goal from the 8 yard line. 

I actually don't think Beane is this tragically stupid. I think he has a deal for a WR in place after June 1st.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Says the fan of the team that drafted 3 straight DEs because it was a position if need.