Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 2 & 3 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Why do fans on this board think they know more than guys who live & breathe this stuff?  I genuinely don't get that aspect of draft weekend.

And don't come back w/ "well, Cody Ford"....

Observe from the balcony. The customer usually has a better perspective of a product 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills have a type of player and that is a high character, high effort, smart football player. They have done this for years.

Look at all 3 guys they drafted. All have those qualities, all are team before themselves.

Coleman is a highly intelligent high effort WR who is a great leader

Carter- Only 3 year captain in Duke Football history. Relentless football player who never stops.

Bishop- Tough tackler for one of the toughest coaches in college football.

The Bills take more steak guys than sizzle. Is that the right philosophy I dont know but its their philosophy whether we like it or not

It gets you into the playoffs where you lose in the divisional round.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

I disagree with almost everything I am seeing here.

The Bills are doing what is called Team Building.  They had veteran leaders walk out the door and they are drafting guys who have the talent and traits to become new leaders on this team.  The Defense was awful vs KC and was lucky Pittsburgh had no QB.

I have a hunch tomorrow they take another WR, A running back and A Corner...No idea what they do in the 6th and 7th...i hope they take a kicker.

The offense will have a full offseason of Joe Brady's scheme, They added a couple of veterans to the 0ffensive line group and now they have added Curtis Samuels and Keon Coleman to go with ascending players in Dalton Kincaid and James Cook.

All you guys who wanted change to the offense are overlooking that we are getting it.  I wish they would have had the ability to take a real center and leave mcgovern at left guard but hopefully it will be ok.

Plus, their are still veteran players available at wr who could get signed.  I still like the idea of Michael Gallup on a 1 year deal.

I don't get the angry people or the irrational posts.  The bills are rebuilding their team.  Its going to take this years draft and next years draft.  They will still be in the mix this year in the post season if the defense can somehow stay healthy.

This is a very strong draft so far. 

The issue, imo, isn’t the players taken.. they got good players at positions of need.. 

Its the state of the roster heading into the Draft. 

Coupled with the fact KC moves Heaven and Earth to make sure Mahomes has a good OL year in / year out and has drafted RD2 WR, RD2 WR, RD1 WR in three consecutive years, plus signed Marquise Brown, while having arguably the best TE to ever play the game. 

We’re sitting here with some promising talent on offense, but alot of unknowns because of decisions made prior to tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We have a total of  ZERO legit threats on offense

I can see Kincaid having a breakout year, and we don't know what to expect out of Coleman.  I wouldn't say zero.

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jefferson likely wont be thrilled about having a rookie QB / Darnold

2025 1st, 2nd, 4th.

I don’t care.  F the picks

We need a baller

Stop with Jefferson.

Justin Jefferson isn't available. They moved on from Kirk Cousins because they wanted to be able to pay Jefferson when the time comes.

Jefferson talked excitedly about different Rookie QB's he wanted to play with during the offseason. He was one of the first people to reach out to J.J. McCarthy - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-harbaugh-justin-jefferson-welcome-j-j-mccarthy-to-vikings-he-had-his-heart-set-on-minnesota/

As always, with guys like Tee Higgins and Brandon Aiyuk/Deebo Samuel as legitimate possibilities - you have to focus on ludicrous fantasy. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Just now, Success said:

I can see Kincaid having a breakout year, and we don't know what to expect out of Coleman.  I wouldn't say zero.

I wouldn't either, but they need another plus talent in the WR room, imo, and I don't think it's in the draft.

Maybe Beane does have a post 6/1 trade lined up, I dunno. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I disagree with almost everything I am seeing here.

The Bills are doing what is called Team Building.  They had veteran leaders walk out the door and they are drafting guys who have the talent and traits to become new leaders on this team.  The Defense was awful vs KC and was lucky Pittsburgh had no QB.

I have a hunch tomorrow they take another WR, A running back and A Corner...No idea what they do in the 6th and 7th...i hope they take a kicker.

The offense will have a full offseason of Joe Brady's scheme, They added a couple of veterans to the 0ffensive line group and now they have added Curtis Samuels and Keon Coleman to go with ascending players in Dalton Kincaid and James Cook.

All you guys who wanted change to the offense are overlooking that we are getting it.  I wish they would have had the ability to take a real center and leave mcgovern at left guard but hopefully it will be ok.

Plus, their are still veteran players available at wr who could get signed.  I still like the idea of Michael Gallup on a 1 year deal.

I don't get the angry people or the irrational posts.  The bills are rebuilding their team.  Its going to take this years draft and next years draft.  They will still be in the mix this year in the post season if the defense can somehow stay healthy.

I want to believe that but ultimately you can't just yell "process!" at your opponent and win, you have to kick their ass and defeat them.  I want the Bills drafting guys who do that - within the framework of an 11-man rolling ball of anarchy. When guys like that go to the enemy while the football equivalent of [political analogy redacted] get drafted to my fanatically supported team, I'm gonna rage.

Really? Name 1 player on offense besides Josh Allen who scares defenses or defensive staffs?

I agree, but I do know that Shakir's advanced stats tell me he should get a lot more production with more targets. I'm sure the Bills see those same stats.

• Like (+1) 1

Solid draft so far I think. They got younger at key positions. Especially with the Cole Bishop and D. Carter pick. Great depth piece that don't need to start right away. Love the Keon Coleman pick as well. I still expect the Bills to target a vet FA WR after the draft. Hopefully a guy like Tyler Boyd 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Really? Name 1 player on offense besides Josh Allen who scares defenses or defensive staffs?

A. The Running Game.  As a unit they were terrific and they finally made a commitment to it when brady took over.  This will and did present schematic issues.

B. They have an excellent young tight end who is going to force teams out of the zone defenses buffalo kept seeing this year.  

C.  Cook as a pass catcher.

D.  They have three players now in samuels, shakir and Coleman who can make plays when given the ball in space and Colemans athleticism is going to be a big          addition on the sideline.  

E.  Samuels is going to be used as a gadget player being lined up in the backfield and put in motion.

and finally they are going to add more tomorrow.  I hope a power back who is violent and will keep the team from calling the qb sneak.  I dont want Allen running the sneak on 3rd and 1 anymore unless its the postseason.  

anyway.  We will see a different offense this summer with the traits the new wr have.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is a very strong draft so far. 

The issue, imo, isn’t the players taken.. they got good players at positions of need.

Three meh guys, with two being on the defensive side of the ball. Not impressed at all this year. Wasn't a Coleman fan, didn't see S as a 2nd Round need, and a 3-Tech backup DT to close out our Day 2. Very underwhelming. 

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Solid draft so far I think. They got younger at key positions. Especially with the Cole Bishop and D. Carter pick. Great depth piece that don't need to start right away. Love the Keon Coleman pick as well. I still expect the Bills to target a vet FA WR after the draft. Hopefully a guy like Tyler Boyd 

Yes, it was very solid. I'll admit that I preferred different players at WR and S when we picked. But they were prospects worth taking when we took them and if they think they're the best fits - I trust their choices over my own.

Carter was my most often selected DT in simulators. I thought we had no shot at him in Round 3 after how Round 2 went. A real coup to get him where we got him without having to trade up.